Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutz

Blood Sprites

Copywrite laws aside...is there any .WAD out there that uses monster & weapon sprites from Blood?

And FYI, I have browsed around DW for quite some time, but if this has come up before, sorry. Not that me saying that will stop someone from pointing out any idiocy on my part, but still...I tried.

CW's Zombies remix has the burning guy, and there's Cultist and Caleb skins for Legacy and Zdoom out there somewhere.

The things I am aware of (the ones Trasher][ mentioned) use sprites that have been resized. So some detail has been lost as the original Blood sprites on the whole are larger than Doom ones.

If you persevere and get Zdoom editing down pat, then you can use the original graphics and get Zdoom to scale them instead - thereby giving you hi-res sprites with no detail loss.

Enjay said:

If you persevere and get Zdoom editing down pat, then you can use the original graphics and get Zdoom to scale them instead - thereby giving you hi-res sprites with no detail loss.

Or you could do the same thing in Edge if you familiarize yourself with a bit of DDF.

Enjay, FYI, I still have that blood guy skin you made, we use it in coop and DM. Haven't added any player sounds to it yet.

Wasn't the burning death used in allhell.wad? Maybe it was the Heretic burning death...

Biffy said:

Enjay, FYI, I still have that blood guy skin you made, we use it in coop and DM. Haven't added any player sounds to it yet.

Glad it's been of use. I've never actually allocated it to a bot, so I've never seen what it looks like in game, other than by chasecam. I'll have to check sometime.

I *think* the burning death in allhell was the Heretic one.

Yeah, now I remember, the allhell one is the player dropping to his knees, holding a vertical object, screaming while he burns rapidly to the core. The Blood one has those zombies howling, running and flailing their arms at the same time! Then they drop, burnt.

Biffy said:

The Blood one has those zombies howling, running and flailing their arms at the same time! Then they drop, burnt.

Don't forget about the beating hearts they dropped, which gave the player 25 health points.

Blood! An excellent game, creepy and atmospheric.

Anyone know where to get a full version of Blood legally?

I've tried a few places, monolith's site, e-bay searches etc but nothing. Anyone?

It isn't easy. I found mine at a computer show, and they only had one or two copies more. It's kind of funny, since I went back a month later, and there was a couple dozen copies there. I found other old games there, like Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem, and Dark Forces.

Computer shows are great places to get old and out-of-date software. Back before I had internet access I had heard about a Star Wars TC for DooM I and of course the Aliens TC. I found both of these at a computer show. (But the 10 bucks I paid for each was a rip-off, as those guys simply downloaded it for free and put it on diskettes!)

I recently bought a Redneck Rampage & Redneck Rampage Rides Again pack for $10 from the bargain bin at Best Buy. Also Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force for $10. Haven't seen Blood, though.

Lobo said:

Or you could do the same thing in Edge if you familiarize yourself with a bit of DDF.

...except last I checked the EDGE renderer was rather grainy compared to the ZDoom renderer...

ReX said:

Don't forget about the beating hearts they dropped, which gave the player 25 health points.

Blood! An excellent game, creepy and atmospheric.

A little zombie-head soccer anyone?

Biffy said:

A little zombie-head soccer anyone?

That was hilarious. As a matter of fact, in the carnival level in Episode 1 you had to kick a zombie-head through the mouth of this grotesque clown face to open a secret area. Funny and grim at the same time.

IMO Blood was in many ways better than Duke3D, which I thought was a very good game.

GooberMan said:

...except last I checked the EDGE renderer was rather grainy compared to the ZDoom renderer...

*ahem*

*EDGE is the best* *cough*
*It can also use GL so there is no graininess-the scaling works great*

I seem to be catching a cold.

GLEDGE is slow, buggy, and it has horrible sprite blur. Oh, and the flash frames are out of sync.

deathz0r said:

GLEDGE is slow, buggy, and it has horrible sprite blur. Oh, and the flash frames are out of sync.

The textures are rather blurry too.