Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

Teh happy

I just got an unconditional place in a course at the University I've been looking forward to going to for a long time (ie I'll definitely get in) and I'm so fucking fucking happy!!!!! It's a Computer Games Technology course and I just can't believe I got in!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!

</teh happy>

well done, sir. what does that course consist of? do you get to play loads of games as, like, research and stuff?

ghost said:

well done, sir. what does that course consist of? do you get to play loads of games as, like, research and stuff?

Games programming mainly, graphics, audio, various languages, and all that malarky.

Congrats, Zarc!
However they should have some courses for video game testing :)

IMJack said:

Cool. What school?

University of Abertay, Dundee.

Great news, well done. Christine give you any kind of a present yet, heh? heh? haha

Just don't forget you still need to do *reasonably* well in your A-Levels!!!

I had a gaming class once, it was not nearly as fun as I thought it would be. In fact it's one of my most hated classes ever.

pritch said:

Great news, well done. Christine give you any kind of a present yet, heh? heh? haha

Just don't forget you still need to do *reasonably* well in your A-Levels!!!

I don't really need to stay at school now that I've got a place at Uni. But i'll stick at it and get through this year, there's only 3 months left. In the long term I'm going to be looking for some kind of full-time employment too, so I can build up some funds during my gap year.

And no, Christine hasn't given me a present. Yet ;)

Assmaster said:

I had a gaming class once, it was not nearly as fun as I thought it would be. In fact it's one of my most hated classes ever.

It's like that to weed out the undetermined.

zarcy: w00tage! way to go! go kick ass at it and get a job after it just like I did :) What API's will your course be focusing on? Mine was all DirectX.

everyone else: stop whinging about being lucky and stuff. I got in to the course I did with Doom Arcade and a game I wrote in BASIC 5 years ago. An absolute dropkick who totally sucked at the course got a scholarship with a Half Life map. Yes, that's really all you need to get in to those courses - a commitment to games and something that shows off that you'd be good at gamedev. Don't sit there whining, go do some kewl shit and submit it with your application.

So does this mean you'll be having LAN parties instead of keg parties? Screw it, you can probaly do both at the same time. =)