Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaargod

My first WAD (Caronte)

Wow after getting over the shock of discovering this is a full 32-map megawad I'm still shocked by how good the first three maps were. Your combat setups are fast and tense and the texture work is on point. I warped to map 23 to see what the later maps have in store and it looks like some good old-fashioned wholesale slaughter(yay). My only(small) complaint is that it's zdoom only, as trying to load it in gzdoom it won't boot due to decorate script errors. Gzdoom compatibility would likely increase your potential audience.

13 hours ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

Wow after getting over the shock of discovering this is a full 32-map megawad I'm still shocked by how good the first three maps were. Your combat setups are fast and tense and the texture work is on point. I warped to map 23 to see what the later maps have in store and it looks like some good old-fashioned wholesale slaughter(yay). My only(small) complaint is that it's zdoom only, as trying to load it in gzdoom it won't boot due to decorate script errors. Gzdoom compatibility would likely increase your potential audience.

Yeah, i had a lot of problems trying to figure out why it wasn't compatible with Gzdoom.

Glad you're liking it so far!

18 hours ago, Gaargod said:

After almost a year of mapping, I'm happy to finally publish my first WAD on here.

I started with the first 4 levels about 3 years ago, but in June of this year, I took up the project again and built the rest of the WAD.

It includes a lot of custom content (especially monsters) taken from Realm667, all the credits go for their respective authors.

It only runs with Zdoom (as far as I know lmao).

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ettmmpw2mb4rfci/Caronte.zip/file

Tested with Zdoom

IWAD: Doom 2

Mouselook: I tested it with mouselook enabled so there's no problem at all if you want to use it

Jump/Crouch: No

Coop: (not tested) 2-4 Players

Deathmatch - No

Editors Used: Doom Builder 2 and Slade 3

Music is taken from FreeMidi, MidiMelody, and UltimateGuitar

Please let me know if you find any bug, missing texture, or literally anything that's not cool lol.

<3

S C R E E N S H O T S:

Screenshot_Doom_20211218_211034.png.88abc782898916bef34182e6d71237d8.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_145753.png.9df163c0c9e431d88dae0b8bd57a1c31.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_153623.png.4cd747a6b03e40667d8c57f1e4b0b08e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_151912.png.6e65e50091ad4a7072ec38687a56d54f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_152018.png.1c5988273b97843104686dbf442b2fe3.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_152240.png.fed44e752a3244eae77cbf35dcc5e113.png

Ok so, after a post-submit playthrough I found out that the map30 is unbeatable lmao (if you don't use mouselook).

I fixed it and also found some untagged secrets so I fixed that as well...

New download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ym3ot9n0q5o17n/CaronFIX.zip/file

18 hours ago, Gaargod said:

After almost a year of mapping, I'm happy to finally publish my first WAD on here.

I started with the first 4 levels about 3 years ago, but in June of this year, I took up the project again and built the rest of the WAD.

It includes a lot of custom content (especially monsters) taken from Realm667, all the credits go for their respective authors.

It only runs with Zdoom (as far as I know lmao).

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ettmmpw2mb4rfci/Caronte.zip/file

Tested with Zdoom

IWAD: Doom 2

Mouselook: I tested it with mouselook enabled so there's no problem at all if you want to use it

Jump/Crouch: No

Coop: (not tested) 2-4 Players

Deathmatch - No

Editors Used: Doom Builder 2 and Slade 3

Music is taken from FreeMidi, MidiMelody, and UltimateGuitar

Please let me know if you find any bug, missing texture, or literally anything that's not cool lol.

<3

S C R E E N S H O T S:

Screenshot_Doom_20211218_211034.png.88abc782898916bef34182e6d71237d8.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_145753.png.9df163c0c9e431d88dae0b8bd57a1c31.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_153623.png.4cd747a6b03e40667d8c57f1e4b0b08e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_151912.png.6e65e50091ad4a7072ec38687a56d54f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_152018.png.1c5988273b97843104686dbf442b2fe3.pngScreenshot_Doom_20211219_152240.png.fed44e752a3244eae77cbf35dcc5e113.png

Ok I found another bug lmao

The Wolfenstein SS attack sound was missing so I fixed it...

New link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s5bb3hyk65j7liz/CaronFIX2.zip/file

If you find another bug please let me know.

Thanks!

I love the doomguy doll on the table via map1, LOL. Gonna have to boot it up sometime, very good your first released wad :)

Does not launch with Gzdoom, Zandronum
Or any BOOM compatible ports.

I know your WAD says tested with Zdoom but perhaps maybe some compatibility for more than one port?

1 hour ago, Chalibluefin said:

Does not launch with Gzdoom, Zandronum
Or any BOOM compatible ports.

I know your WAD says tested with Zdoom but perhaps maybe some compatibility for more than one port?

I'll try to fix the compatibility issues to make it playable at least with Gzdoom 

Yesterday i posted my first WAD that was compatible with Zdoom only.

Well, I fixed some DECORATE errors and now the WAD it's compatible with Gzdoom.

I couldn't make it compatible with other ports, mostly because I only use Zdoom and sometimes Gzdoom lmao but I will try to fix it to make it compatible at least with Zandronum.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f63v70flomeo917/GZCaronte.zip/file

Original Post: 

Which one of the 2 versions should we download?  CaronFIX2 or GZCaronte ? Thanks 

1 hour ago, FEDEX said:

Which one of the 2 versions should we download?  CaronFIX2 or GZCaronte ? Thanks 

Both are basically the same but GZCaronte is compatible with Gzdoom 

16 hours ago, princetontiger said:

mediafire is a pain... too many popups... can you upload it to dropbox or some place less sketchy? thanks

Hopefully Mega is less sketchy:

Download link

I just had a couple of questions after finshing 6 maps.

First, was it your intention to create something Hell-Revealed-esque in the sense that practically every square inch of map in spots is absolutely choked with enemies?

Second, do maps after 07 or so get more complex?

And do you have to press a hidden switch somewhere to open the door behind you with the backpack and Supershotgun of Map 05?

Thanks

5 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I just had a couple of questions after finshing 6 maps.

First, was it your intention to create something Hell-Revealed-esque in the sense that practically every square inch of map in spots is absolutely choked with enemies?

Second, do maps after 07 or so get more complex?

And do you have to press a hidden switch somewhere to open the door behind you with the backpack and Supershotgun of Map 05?

Thanks

1.- Yes, I wanted the player to be surrounded by a large number of enemies all the time.

2.- If by "complex" you mean difficult and/or large, yes. 

3.- You have to shoot the door to open it.

On 12/24/2021 at 5:17 PM, Gaargod said:

1.- Yes, I wanted the player to be surrounded by a large number of enemies all the time.

2.- If by "complex" you mean difficult and/or large, yes. 

3.- You have to shoot the door to open it.

Awesome, just needed some clarification on some things since this should be going in next Wadazine issue's newstuff guide.

On 12/21/2021 at 5:36 AM, haruko haruhara said:

--SNIP!--

i put your wad over at my site

https://sites.google.com/view/wadhost/home?authuser=0

I hate to be *that guy* and you might know it already but always ask the author if he's/she's OK with upload their work to your site, and obviously credit them.

Example: the version you uploaded has a bug, they fix the bug and update the wad to /idgames but you have the older version with the bug. If someone finds your site before /idgames they risk to have a bad experience.

Of course this is In My Humble Opinion.

23 minutes ago, LuciferSam86 said:

I hate to be *that guy* and you might know it already but always ask the author if he's/she's OK with upload their work to your site, and obviously credit them.

Example: the version you uploaded has a bug, they fix the bug and update the wad to /idgames but you have the older version with the bug. If someone finds your site before /idgames they risk to have a bad experience.

Of course this is In My Humble Opinion.

i will deleted the old one but i have put the gzdoom version over at my site for one i did not knew there was a bug thanks for letting me know this.

edit: the new update of my site is not published so the gzdoom version is not visible yet i will publish it later.

Maybe we have some language barrier here :D

My thought I put in the previous thread was only an example .

TL;DR version : always ask the wad creator if he's / she's OK with you upload their wad to your site :)