Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klif

A DooM64 style Arch-Vile...Andboom blood

Has anyone ever made an arch-vile sprite replacement in the style of D64? Aside from DooMKids D64 addon? i replaced the motherdemon/archvile for the regular archie. Id love to have something better for that mod in general. I use it ALOT! Also, what options are there for Boom/prboom+ blood effects? 

For blood effects PrBoom-PlusUM and Woof (and Crispy-Doom, maybe others) have the ability to change the blood color for some of the monsters (Baron of Hell, Hell Knight, Caco) and DSDA-Doom/From Doom with Love support it though an optional DeHacked patch. It always kind of bugged me how blood splats would drop to the floor and disappear so I found this DeHacked example/wad that adds the effect to the game however it might not be compatible with other DeHacked mods.

Awesome thanks... the dehacked file worked fine. I  added it into my Doom2 iwad.  It simply adds in 2 drops of blood. Those droplets however make quite a mess! i love it. Mix it with vanilla brutal weapons and we got ourselves some vanilla gore and vanilla brutal doom'!

On 12/20/2021 at 11:49 PM, klif said:

Has anyone ever made an arch-vile sprite replacement in the style of D64? Aside from DooMKids D64 addon? i replaced the motherdemon/archvile for the regular archie. Id love to have something better for that mod in general. I use it ALOT! Also, what options are there for Boom/prboom+ blood effects? 

This might be a stupid question but I only just started messing around with Doom 64 CE and would like to know how to change the archie sprite to the original I'm not a fan of the Mother Demon sprite, either.