Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

🍦 BIG Vanilla Doom Wad Pack! REV. 16 - May 24th, 2022 [Maximum Doom the way 'Kid Did]

Last week I made a Doom 2 map that (I'm pretty sure) conforms to vanilla standard. I beat it in choco-render-limits. It seems to work fine in DOOM32.exe -

zHTL0Jw.png

Still gotta finish reading the easy-to-digest ruleset, though! I'd describe my style as simple, rough, and angular.

Edited by slugger

my most recent pure vanilla wads:

woodcrawl

newwood

both wads above have been tested and confirmed to work flawlessly in doom2 v.1.9 in dosbox

I'm sure I have made many more that I've forgotten about right now...

I may make more posts if and when I remember additional pure vanilla maps that I've made since july 2021

I made many other maps but I am guessing that limit removing maps are not relevant for this thread.

Edited by CBM

This one works on vanilla but E1M9 is pretty buggy and shows lots of DRAWSEGS everywhere,I'm planning to do a version with fixed midi tracks when possible and is pretty untested in real multiplayer, but i want to share it the same:

On 12/22/2021 at 12:42 AM, Doomkid said:

Please do use this thread to self-promote vanilla content! That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

Than here is my newest Map.
Was causing me many Headaches.

Pyramap.zip

Spoilers to the Map

Spoiler

It is actually double the Size as in the Screenshot

Edited by Azuris

Some later levels in Perdition's Gate give me errors on Chocolate Doom like:

W_CacheLumpNum: 2297169 >= numlumps

Separately, I also have PG-RAW-X.WAD, and interestingly, it does not show this issue. The same levels run just fine.

Have you tried playing it in Choco with -merge rather than -file? I noticed the one and only difference between the two wads is the presence of an F_END lump in PG-RAW-X.wad, which as I recall is pretty much a necessity in vanilla wads that use custom flats, which is what makes me wonder if -merge will do the trick.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Have you tried playing it in Choco with -merge rather than -file? I noticed the one and only difference between the two wads is the presence of an F_END lump in PG-RAW-X.wad, which as I recall is pretty much a necessity in vanilla wads that use custom flats, which is what makes me wonder if -merge will do the trick.

Yes, -merge does the trick.

@Doomkid, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. God tier collection right here man!