Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

Crash while playing Heartland

I'm playing Heartland with EE (first time using EE!) and I had a crash in map01 using the SVN (downloaded on 22/12). Here are the logs. The crash didn't recur, I was able to finish the map without any issues even when going through the same area where the crash happened. Hope this helps!

P.S I'm liking what I'm seeing with EE so far. I'm glad this mapset came out in a bid to drive more awareness of EE (at least in part).

Edit: Looks like due to the game crashing my config didn't get saved so I have to set up EE again :(

Edit 2: It seems like some of the settings were saved but not all.

Edited by xvertigox

According to the crash dump, it happens when picking up something and trying to display the message! Do you still remember what you tried to pick up? Do you remember what were your HUD settings, especially in relation with pick-up messages?

Did you maybe configure the HUD settings as such? Message lines: 0. That will crash the game at the same position as in your report. I'm going to work on fixing this…

UPDATE: this got fixed. I wonder if this is what happened to you.

2136306188_Capturadeecrandin2021-12-24la20_10_46.png.b3f9db3ab5d02a37bbd4710bbd3585d7.png

Edited by printz

On 12/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, printz said:

Did you maybe configure the HUD settings as such? Message lines: 0. That will crash the game at the same position as in your report. I'm going to work on fixing this…

UPDATE: this got fixed. I wonder if this is what happened to you.

Sorry for the belated reply - I just checked my settings and Messages are set to OFF and Message Lines is set to 1. I was tweaking the message settings so it's very possible I set the message lines to 0 and changed it back at some point so I do think that Message Lines 0 did cause the crash. Thanks so much for investigating this so quickly and resolving it. I'm really digging Eternity's feel, the chunky software look is fantastic - it almost feels like  an evolution of Crispy in the same way that Crispy builds on Chocolate. Chocolate Doom -> Crispy Doom -> Eternity