Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cammy

Alien Vendetta MIDI Pack - Now on idgames!

Congrats on the release! Had so much fun writing this piece, and I'm so happy that I can finally share this as well.

7 minutes ago, Tristan said:

For those that don't know (probably everyone?) I was supposed to do the MAP20 remix. Sorry again Cammy, if I held things up at the end there by dropping out, but I think it's much better this way, having the original composer take on that task than having some other guy mess with it :)

It's all good, man! I would have loved to hear what you could have cooked up for the slot, but I wouldn't have wanted it to come at the cost of your own well-being. I just hope that you're doing better, and that we'll get the chance to work together again in the future!

It's finally out! Can't wait to listen to all of the pieces.

When I'll be back from work I will be posting my piece as well. 

Here's one of two of my tracks, and what I think is the best of mine. I'll probably wait for Cammy to upload the next one since it's giving me trouble, ha

I'm so amazed that you got Edwin van Veldhoven on board for one of the tracks. What a power move. His now-ancient MIDI "Danielle's Face" graced so many old Doom wads, dating back to early 1995 if not late 1994. So awesome to see his name on a 2021 MIDI pack!

Personally I can't Imagine Alien Vendetta with any other soundtrack, but this is still great.  Like all good midi packs it will be a community resource like the midi packs before, as well as being excellent in it's own right.

36 minutes ago, akolai said:

Good stuff. You might have 18 and 19 mixed up in op :p

Whoops - the OP is right, but they're switched around in the MIDI folder included in the download! Should be fixed now.

That's fantastic!

Gotta listen to all tracks several times like I did with the TNT pack!

Congratz for all the work, Cammy! And congratz everyone for creating The midis, of course :D

Congratulations on the release and a raised glass to another caseload of excellent midis that the community can enjoy. 

Personally I think for myself it will be a struggle to adjust to the new midis within Alien Vendetta as the original soundtrack (Mostly borrowed from elsewhere) has become somewhat hardcoded into my mind to the point where I wonder whether anything could replace them. Still I must confess that I am probably just one of those people who have that kind of mindset (I cannot stress that enough here).

I have listened in part to many of these and already have a couple of midis that I might put to use in my own projects. 

52 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

I love how "Pinkies on Parade" is a remix of Bulls on Parade. lol

It was meant to be more like a spoof than a remix, but thanks, I guess...

Just now, UAC guy said:

is this for regular alien vendetta or the black label one

Regular AV. Black Label has its own soundtrack.

Also, this is heckin' awesome! Though I'll miss CARMID3.mid as the opening track for the mapset.

Mysterious where it fits. Adventurous where it fits. The atmosphere is incredible and breathes second life into Alien Vendetta. This enhancement has made me very happy.

Aaaaand here's my song. Fire Walk With Me and make sure you do it slowly. For we are all waiting.

It's a dark, slow ambient piece which cranks it up really menacingly as it goes on.

Amazing! As my favorite wad, I can't wait to try it out. You even made a specific MIDI for Valley Of Echoes, now thats dedication!

6 hours ago, dotQLL said:

Also, this is heckin' awesome! Though I'll miss CARMID3.mid as the opening track for the mapset.

It was definitely hard for me to replace that, it's one of the iconic AV songs to me haha. Hope I managed to live up to it!

1 hour ago, SynDoom said:

It was definitely hard for me to replace that, it's one of the iconic AV songs to me haha. Hope I managed to live up to it!

Personally I never liked that MIDI very much, so if you ask me your replacement is a very welcome change and a pleasure to listen to. On the flipside we had to replace my favourite track in the original WAD so likewise I hope we've managed to live up to that.

10 hours ago, dotQLL said:

I agree with this, I'd say there are far more people on this little blue marble that think of that song as the "AV theme" and don't even realize it was an unused Carmageddon song.

SynDoom's opener is awesome though, it didn't take long at all to completely win me over!

31 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I agree with this, I'd say there are far more people on this little blue marble that think of that song as the "AV theme" and don't even realize it was an unused Carmageddon song.

I knew it was, because I read the Doom Wiki entry for Alien Vendetta. :P

Fuck yeah, this is a great release. Replaying av.wad in -f with this midi pack and it's a beaut.

Edit:

@maxmanium Alien Vendetta with fast monsters

Edited by xvertigox : words n such

I didn't realize some of the original song authors also contributed to this, that's actually really cool (they're still alive? jk). I just think you guys are up against overwhelming odds considering how iconic av is. Even some of the udoom songs I associate with av after playing av so much. But that's not a knock against the quality of this pack. My favourite song in the pack is map28, been listening on repeat (and my fav from the original was map10). Was gonna go bananas if map20 was replaced but the remix was cool with the chill intro.

So far, my favorites have been MAP03, MAP10, and MAP20, of course. That said, it's incredibly hard to pick favorites given how incredibly talented every person who worked on this pack is. Damn well done to everyone!