Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Boxing Slay! A boxing day special Doom 2 map [limit removing] - Now on ID games!

1 minute ago, Astro X said:

There goes Clippy with another 15 secrets map. Time to hunt them down!

haha - I had to put "or more" in the promo cause I was worried i might add even more secrets - I kept tacking things on cause I just love hiding stuff!

fun and challening level 
it was truly a tribute to the box textures 
also yeah it had that 1,307,674,368,000 to complete it as well 

i did finish this casually for the first playthrough
im going to do another playthrough just to find the secrets 
also merry christmas 

You know what, that's a great map. Both in size and in fun. Usually I dislike levels that take more than 20 minutes, that's the point I tend to get bored of a map but you were switching ideas at a pace I didn't even notice 40 minutes gone by. You hear that, btsx? The map is long because it has lots of interesting stuff in it.

I am so happy to come back here and see these positive reviews so far

Thanks guys

@bigsmoke1919 - Glad you were able to finish it and hopefully the map functioned as it should, lots of stuff in here to keep track of lol - good luck if you go back for secrets - I had fun hiding them, some of them are elaborate

@HrnekBezucha - I'm thrilled you had such a great experience. I hate long levels TBH but somehow I seem to keep making longer ones. Hopefully not too long. I can usually beat this in under 25 mins or so but I do have the designers advantage. Had to test it a lot but clearly it's impossible to test all possibilities. So it's a highly experimental map. I had fun sewing it all together and tried to pack it with interesting tricks and tidbits. I had a lot of wacky ideas come at me when constructing this so this is how it came out - glad it kept things fresh!

Phew, that was a long one. My fault in part, but I got to the exit in any case:

2 hours ago, Dannarchy said:

Phew, that was a long one. My fault in part, but I got to the exit in any case:

Thank you for playing my friend, and my apologies for the length - I did not intend for it to be so long. You left the opening cyber alive and I didn't anticipate the player doing this, making it MUCH harder. I always finish him off with SSG or unlimited chaingun ammo from the 150  zombiemen. The keys were originally markers to determine which portals you visited but I noticed they can be grabbed early so I added additional raising boxes in front of each portal, which you didn't seem to notice the one that didn't raise prompting you to try each portal again. As for leaving the cyber alive I don't know how to rework the map to make this approach suitable as it causes a major disadvantage when teleporting back in

Also when you were fighting the chaingunners and hid behind a switch asking if that's fine, yeah man that's what I do lol. Also your plan to focus on the cyber blocking the switch while ignoring the other two was a great idea I never thought of! When you saved after letting the final archies out I was worried but that plan seemed to work too and you got to the exit just fine

Overall your vid was very helpful and the map seems to function well, I only made minor adjustments

Thanks again - and boxing day is what we call the day after christmas around here, when stores box up all their christmas crap etc

Happy Boxing day!

Leave it to me to reveal all the unintended ways to play the map. I think I played in a similar way on MMM. Was a lot of fun and i did see those marker boxes when I rewatched the video. Now I need to go back and find secrets. 

I dig this "Tricks and traps" scheme combined with your own touch, it also reminded me a little to Glitening Gas Leak

in the way the player opens the map.

Its surely ultra-replayable and the little box markers in the hub/key room helps to keep track on progression.

The chaingunner room and the one with a path made of barrels were my fav.

I think I lost my mojo for secret-hunting, I almost beat it secretless, so everything was well balanced.

Cool xmas present buddy!

This was a crazy map and a bit more difficult that other maps you made imo but I liked it a lot. Your maps always have those special ideas or gimmicks there centred around and I absolutely love it. Keep on with the good work.

@Dannarchy No worries about going off script, this is why I love watching ppl play. I try to anticipate ways ppl can approach it and these alternate takes are interesting. Again secrets hard, will do reveal vid down the road - but thanks again for making the vid I enjoyed it

@Soulless Thanks for taking time to visit my map always a pleasure. I wasn't trying to mirror tricks and traps, interesting - if anything I might have been vaguely inspired by hell revealed map 15 - 8 chambers all isolated eventually connect as the map proceeds - I turned it up a notch with 15 and random orders. Glistening Gas Leak is not something I compare this too either lol but thanks for the memory. Glad you like the progression tracker, originally it was just keys but you can grab em by mistake so I painfully went through and added raising boxes to know where you been. Thank you for telling me your fave rooms too, I think the platforming caco room and the box room with the archies is mine. I tried to make each one unique as possible to appeal to as many ppl as possible. I'm sure many will like this room, hate that one etc. Anywho the secrets are hidden maybe too well in this one, reveal vid down the road - happy holidays!

@azerty nicely done, I enjoyed this vid. Glad to see you can beat it on HMP within half an hour blind (I assume) - you went through these rooms like a champ and I never got to test this setting as much, seems to work well. Actually this is probably the optimal setting for fun, still challenging without an overbearing struggle - a good way to learn the map cause UV blind seems like a bitch -- I also enjoyed you forming a habit of shooting behind each switch as it lowered haha. Kudos on finding some secrets too. The acid room secret where you were opening doors with the computer panels, sorry to mess with your mind like that, that secret is multi secret access, you need to fins the plasma gun and make lifts raise first. Stay tuned for a full reveal vid down the road if you're interested. Anyway you made my map look fun by constantly being engaged in action - again call me when your map is done being updated and I'll give er a whirl

4 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Glad you like the progression tracker, originally it was just keys but you can grab em by mistake so I painfully went through and added raising boxes to know where you been.

Yeah, took some keys by mistake and really thought I was breaking the map, cute and smart solution as a tracker.

Happy holidays man!

1 hour ago, Soulless said:

Yeah, took some keys by mistake and really thought I was breaking the map, cute and smart solution as a tracker.

Happy holidays man!

thanks - yah the keys are redundant - a carryover of the early stage of the map - but I thought they look cool so I left em in - trying to be silly as always, handing out keys in a keyless map - if I wasn't lazy or had more time I could have had colour coordination - either way one of the last things I did was add pop up boxes to fix the issues

man Clippy this one was a Doozy. But I still loved it! Great work!

10 minutes ago, donevan427 said:

1,307,674,368,000 ways to go and i still just went clockwise. fun map!

I figured most ppl would

The best way to play it is find a dice or random number generator or ask google to pick a # between 1-15 if you want to me silly with it - or just spin in a circle with your eyes closed and see where you land

thnaks for playing!

12 hours ago, Dubbag said:

man Clippy this one was a Doozy. But I still loved it! Great work!

hey there thank ya for playing - I love the artwork as always haha

your video was very entertaining and your commentary made me laugh - especially the final area running around trying to grab blue balls and sperm suits all frantic like. It was also nice to know my map layout makes sense and it was fun watching you discover all the ins and outs. The raising boxes to indicate routes taken was a last minute addition cause they keys weren't reliable as could be grabbed early . Anywaho I am glad you played on HMP, I need all difficulties tested and let's be honest this is a more fun UV setting, the full on UV I made quite hardcore and should have put a disclaimer. HMP here is more forgiving and gun overall and I am glad you had fun man thanks so much

I keep saying this but I want to make an easier map but keep accidently making hard crap. Well thanks for vid and good times - I'll reveal all the secrets down the road -- the music you were interested in is noted in the opening post

I also wanna watch your hunchback and arkanoid vids when I have time too friend, catch ya on discord make more pizzas

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Oi Clippy, who pissed in your cornflakes? This is your meanest map yet, mate. SHEESH!

I just realized that Boxing Slay can be shortened to BS

Yeah for some reason I was particularly ruthless with the combat scenarios here but I still think all fights are fair and doable and I gave loads of ammo and health

lol at the spider mastermind fight reaction to the little patch of lava behind the switch - this was to prevent the player from cheesing the fight. Too bad you forgot you had a BFG in your pocket :P

At about 15:30 when you were looking for the 2nd archie and he went in the secret I laughed so hard - never thought to make it block monsters, I'll allow it that was a fun surprise to see him come out of the wall like that!

When you went to the barrel room the intention was to berserk the pinkies - I love your initial reaction: "You asshole, what is this?"

PS your mod is cool watching the huge group fights get blown to bits

PPS plasma gun yeah for some reason I didn't want to give it outright, it's in a secret to be revealed later

The 3 cyber fight in the acid room - yeah I did put "bloody blocks in his road" in another effort to prevent cheesing of having the player press the button - honestly I should have let them all out because if you did run to switch you would be in the middle of an archie cyber sandwich

"Worst Cyber fight Ever" -- "most asshole map ever" lol - I'm so sorry, maybe I really am a bastard - I just come up with the scenarios -- you still looked like you had fun and you did amazingly good from all your experience playtesting - it didn't take you long to overcome any of these fights

as for the ending ending and you having 6% health - DAMN - that sux - I never envisioned that scenario. - there was a few times when you wasted health tho, like picking up all the potions and then at 200% health grabbing the soul sphere anyway: (32:07) - ultimately your best bet could have been to revisit the box portal maze - I know you're not into secret hunting or exploring as much as me but you actually had access to the megasphere overlooking the long narrow slime hallway as pressing all 15 boxes opens a connection point to it - but either way there was probably health in the big elaborate hell box land - but in the interest of time I understand just opting to redo the fight rather than do a long scrounge for stimpacks/medkits - just saying you had that option and weren't totally screwed :P

Hey this was a great vid - you kicked this map's ass and gave some fun commentary - thanks always man - I really want to come back with a more fun, less intense map for reals - I just hope I can figure out how to make a lighter map next time

1 hour ago, Astro X said:

Did you and @Dannarchy decide to copy each other's thumbnails haha - funny coinsidence

"You never know what you're going to get with these teleporters" - nice exactly what I was going for

11:48 - you found the crusher things - it activates others through the map - cosmetic sillyness mostly but can be useful

12:03 - Unboxing an Archvile to have a boxing match with is the most boxing day layers of boxing action ever - Boxing Day is now as well known as I thought so the releasing on boxing day doesn't mean much haha - it's just a silly dec 26 thing where stores box up all their crap or something

That berserk barrel room which you called stupid was something I thought I made with my smart pants on - the objective is to use berserk and it's not that hard - just avoid hitting the barrels - it was meant as a melee challenge cause using weapons will almost certainly lead to death

Man you are really good at killing cybers with the BFG!

35:59 "Is this the real exit?" yes LOL - made it funner that I actually wrote "real exit" at the end - cause I fake ppl out too much

glad to see you use the megasphere secret to help with final archie fight - no worries about looking for secrets I hid them even more outlandishly this time - as always I will do a reveal vid down the road

thanks agazin!

1 minute ago, Clippy said:

@Dannarchy @azerty @Dubbag @Biodegradable @Astro X

I can't thank you guys enough for taking on the task of playing my crazy map and recording videos - it means a lot and sorry for what seems like:

its an honor sir! I love your maps even if they get pretty ridiculous sometimes XD. Ill make you a pizza what type you want?

I don't mind at all. I had a lot of fun with it probably because I played on HMP. I watched bio's video and it looks like there is a big difference between HMP and UV.

Just now, Dubbag said:

its an honor sir! I love your maps even if they get pretty ridiculous sometimes XD. Ill make you a pizza what type you want?

Oh man - extra cheese - gotta have pepperoni, might as well have salami too

ham errrr I can take or leave - don't need bacon either

hamburger bits! gotta have that man - totes

not a fan of sausages

Let's get peppers, but ESPECIALLY banana peppers, nothing like halapenio but yeah some spicy bits of bannana like peppers to spice things up

gotta have onions! My wife is allergic to those, sometimes I buy oniony things on purpose so she can't steal it

MUSHROOMS - we need that man

for real making a pizza NYE should be a good time

NO PINEAPPLE thats a sin

live pineapple tho, live pizza - never the two shall meet

Did u know a Canadian invented Hawaaian pizza?

v

image.png

@Biodegradable u like Pineapple pizza?

ALso what's the deal with olvies I think ppl r putting on airs

35 minutes ago, Clippy said:

@Dannarchy @azerty @Dubbag @Biodegradable @Astro X

I can't thank you guys enough for taking on the task of playing my crazy map and recording videos - it means a lot and sorry for what seems like:

Seems like you’re in a crazy red phase. 😅First MMM and now this. Still have to beat the former. Will you record a reveal for this one as well?

1 minute ago, sectrslayr said:

Seems like you’re in a crazy red phase. 😅First MMM and now this. Still have to beat the former. Will you record a reveal for this one as well?

I always do a full playthrough and reveal all my secrets for every map eventually stay tuned

And yeah I didn't mean to do MMM as hard let alone something harder

I don't want to start getting typecast as super mean mapper guy so I really hope my next one is more fun

6 minutes ago, Clippy said:

I don't want to start getting typecast as super mean mapper guy so I really hope my next one is more fun

So it’s definitely not a Doom 2 city map with hitscanners only. You know… hitscanner city… 😱

Apologies! The chaingunner behind every switch messed with my brain. 😅