Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
styd051

DOOM 64 Absolution TC Remastered Available For Port Remastered and EX+ !

Hi all !

I announce to you that another tester to test TC Remastered and I thank him very much for having tested

here is his channel Steppskie

now i'm going to fix the last remaining bugs to be fixed on the port Remastered , and then i'm going to focus on the EX version which will be very different from the version Remastered , and for the release date for the moment I don't know, because i I still have a lot to do.

Hi all !

I announce that I will soon resume my work on TC Remastered, because I had stopped working on my project because I needed a break, and I apologize for not getting it out quickly, I will release the port Remastered version first, and for the EX version it will be available later because I still have a lot of things to do since I modify the source code of DOOM 64, it is not easy for me, since TC Remastered will have its own EX source port modified with the exclusive TC content that will be added, it will not be compatible with the port EX original or the port EX plus.

Edited by styd051

hi, kinda new to the doom community (this is my first post on doomworld lol) but i just wanted to say this looks great! i'm so exited to play it, and i hope i gets finished, because i kinda really want to play this. anyway, looks great! great job!

1 hour ago, The Dommo said:

hi, kinda new to the doom community (this is my first post on doomworld lol) but i just wanted to say this looks great! i'm so exited to play it, and i hope i gets finished, because i kinda really want to play this. anyway, looks great! great job!

Hi The Dommo thank you it means a lot to me <3

if you want to know in a week I will publish the version Steam  of TC Remastered !

as for the EX version it will not be available now because I still have a lot to do

but i will gradually release updates which will add new content later like the Campaign Outcast Level , Redemption Denied, The Reckoning

Will there be a way to replace the sound effects and music in this version, by creating a WAD which has sound and music replacements which I can load up alongside the remaster? I can probably look up the names of the music lumps to get their names, but I'm not sure if the sound effects have the same lump names.

6 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

Will there be a way to replace the sound effects and music in this version, by creating a WAD which has sound and music replacements which I can load up alongside the remaster? I can probably look up the names of the music lumps to get their names, but I'm not sure if the sound effects have the same lump names.

if you do this I don't know if it will work I never tested, or maybe it will break the mod

I'm really sorry that I couldn't release TC Remastered yesterday, because I had a little problem in my private life I'm sincerely sorry, I'm going to release it today I just need time

5 minutes ago, NightFright said:

It's alright, I think we can all wait a bit longer. Main thing is it's good when it's finally released.

Couldn't say it better. Take your time, as real-life responsibility comes first. Says the guy who has been procrastinating on his thesis

the great DOOM 64 Absolution TC is back and available now !

Promo_1.png.2b572e0fa4eb4cca5d53b5ac7f66562c.png

You can download it here ! https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-64-absolution-tc-remastered/downloads/doom-64-absolution-tc-remastered-v10-for-the-port-remastered

for the moment there is only the Absolution TC campaign which is available 38 maps !

FOR INSTALLATION

1) Windows users can try to run the "#RUN.bat" file each time when you want to play the mod. You may get a warning asking you if you want to load the file, if so give it permission to do so.

2) To uninsintall the graphics run the "#UNINSTALL.bat"

as for the EX version, it will not be available for the moment, because I still have a lot of things to do.

I thank Immorpher for making this beautiful image <3

Edited by styd051

On 11/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, styd051 said:

the great DOOM 64 Absolution TC is back and available now !

Promo_1.png.2b572e0fa4eb4cca5d53b5ac7f66562c.png

You can download it here ! https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-64-absolution-tc-remastered/downloads/doom-64-absolution-tc-remastered-v10-for-the-port-remastered

for the moment there is only the Absolution TC campaign which is available 38 maps !

FOR INSTALLATION

1) Windows users can try to run the "#RUN.bat" file each time when you want to play the mod. You may get a warning asking you if you want to load the file, if so give it permission to do so.

2) To uninsintall the graphics run the "#UNINSTALL.bat"

as for the EX version, it will not be available for the moment, because I still have a lot of things to do.

I thank Immorpher for making this beautiful image <3

This might be outside of the scope of this thread or anyone's knowledge but can anyone help me get this mod working on my Steam Deck? I have Doom64 through Steam but I can't really figure out how to get this mod to launch. I've tried addign a launch option to Doom64 in Steam pointing to the WAD. I also tried using ZDL but to no avail. Thanks!

Hi @Quantum de Phallus

for installation for the Remastered port, just click on the RUN.bat file, after steam will ask you for permission to launch the mod you click on yes, and normally the game should launch with the mod.

and if you want to uninstall the mod just click on the file #UNINSTALL.bat.

I hope it will help you ^^

2 hours ago, styd051 said:

Hi @Quantum de Phallus

for installation for the Remastered port, just click on the RUN.bat file, after steam will ask you for permission to launch the mod you click on yes, and normally the game should launch with the mod.

and if you want to uninstall the mod just click on the file #UNINSTALL.bat.

I hope it will help you ^^

I don't think you can run batch files on Steam Deck but I could be wrong!

1 hour ago, Quantum of Phallus said:

I don't know if it works on Steam Deck I never tried

This looks like good work, I'm glad that the old bonus/exclusive levels will be playable without having to use the ancient TC.

2 hours ago, Trar said:

This looks like good work, I'm glad that the old bonus/exclusive levels will be playable without having to use the ancient TC.

thank you very much I'm glad you like it ^^

On 11/8/2022 at 12:37 PM, Quantum of Phallus said:

No, batch files require the Windows command line. One could provide shell scripts (.sh files) that would execute the necessary command in Linux's bash.

2 hours ago, the_kovic said:

No, batch files require the Windows command line. One could provide shell scripts (.sh files) that would execute the necessary command in Linux's bash.

Hmm I need to learn more about this! Also to see if the "-file" command loading method works alright on the steam deck with Doom 64 remaster mods. I wonder if anyone in the '64 community owns one.

On 11/12/2022 at 2:36 AM, Immorpher said:

Hmm I need to learn more about this! Also to see if the "-file" command loading method works alright on the steam deck with Doom 64 remaster mods. I wonder if anyone in the '64 community owns one.

I have a deck and couldn't get it loaded using -file !

3 hours ago, Quantum of Phallus said:

I have a deck and couldn't get it loaded using -file !

Interesting! It seems something else needs to be done with the 'deck.

hey all !

as far as the TC Remastered EX+ version is concerned, she it is progressing well

here is a small demonstration video of the imp sprite rework

now the imp has a mouth for the more realistic visual side, and this sprite will be 100% compatible for the port Remastered !

Seeing the D64 imp with a classic mouth is something I didn't know I needed. XD

23 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

Seeing the D64 imp with a classic mouth is something I didn't know I needed. XD

Yes indeed I think it suits him well with a mouth, it makes the visual side more realistic for D64 ^^

here is a demonstration of the sprite rework of Hell Knight and Baron

now his mouth has been reworked, the color of the eyes and the aura of the hands are clearer, for a more realistic visual.

Edited by styd051