Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spendoragon

1 Bad Wad - 10 maps [-complevel 9] (Now on /idgames)

Spendo.wad is very good shit brother! highly recommend this set it has a unique minimalist art style that I hope to see get used more often in other wads and gameplay that goes well with its theme.

Edited by Colossus

just played through most of this on HMP and really enjoyed it. the visuals are clear and clean and the combat is breezy and nicely paced. amethyst in particular was a bunch of fun, as was amongst the stars, simple as it may have been! really nice midi selection, too. lots of personality here. thank you so much for sharing!

Despite the minimalist textures, it's obvious when playing this that you put a lot of effort into these maps. Can't wait to run it. Very good shit brother. 

Really fun wad, short and sweet maps! The gibbing sound replacement is extremely satisfying. 

Dude, this is really good. The textures give all the maps an adventurous feel to them which I really enjoy. I think you need a better name for the wad because if it wasn't for the screenshots I wouldn't have downloaded this and that would have been a shame. I feel like ammo was plentiful but health was a tad too low throughout. I liked all the sfx, the chaingun feels quintessentially 'Boom'.

@BluePineapple72 This could make for an interesting speedmap session.

Edit: Try these maps with the mini iwad for a real trip

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/108721-miniwadwad-a-minimalist-iwad/

Edited by xvertigox

Thank you all for the wonderful response. I have updated the OP with a new, final version:

- Changed M_DOOM lump

- Added DEMO1, DEMO2, DEMO3 lumps, various failed max attempts so map11 isn't spoiled watching the main menu

- Midis should now loop properly, especially map10

- All existing demos were played back and tested for compatibility,  no desyncs

Well, this looks intriguing. I'll make a note of giving this a spin.

Played through it.

I reinstalled all my video and mouse drivers, as well as some of my mental drivers, and this was a good romp to re-adjust (maybe an excuse to switch to DSDA-Doom too... nah fuck that.  I've seen how spoiled you all are getting by it, you twerps.)

I liked the suburbs sandboxy map the best.  I also liked Map05;  Depite a billion deaths, it was tight fun and forced me to sharpen up a bit.  The central theme isn't just pretty base-hue colors, it's also "you only have 150 health per map, have fun in a hard map".

I recommend that others play it on HNTR if they do, which is what I should've done from the start as well.  Also I think Map10 is borken.

noisy_1badwad_fdas.zip (you don't have to watch these)

Reminds me of Adventures of Square or Doom 3 Mr Smileyheads Safari with the "texture" choice. And props for the Deltarune music. I'd nominate this for some kind of award for sure.