Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Heretic Deathmatch level: opinions please

So I've finished a Heretic DM level I started on a few days ago. I'm curious as to whether it's any good or not. If you wanna play it, you know the drill. :)

I had to wait until I got home to try it out.

Anyway, there's a few things I noticed.

1. On the western doorway, there's a missing texture near the ceiling.
2. The outside wall is a little low, causing a glitch in the sky. Doom skies may repeat themselves with no problems. Heretic and Hexen skies do not.
3. I hit the first platform I saw, which was the one with the Ethereal Crossbow on it, and it went back to DOS with this message:

P_AddActivePlat: no more plats!

The platform has no sector tag (set at 0). This causes every sector in the map to become a platform, and the game simply cannot handle it.

Other than these three things, I thought it looked nice. It looks like it might be fun with about 4 - 6 people.

Odd. Did you try running it in ZDoom? That's what I did, I got no Platform errors. Then again, you probably got an earlier version. I have three versions of this same wad: one in my Deepsea folder, one on my desktop, and one in my c:\games\Heretic folder. :(

I used normal Heretic. I just tried it with ZHeretic (ZDoom), and the platforms worked fine. That missing texture problem is still there though.