Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
donevan427

crispy doom visual bug

Anyone know why this visual bug is happening? I have some pics showing the bug. The first one shows it in crispy doom from the south and it looks fine. The second one shows it from the north and the flat on small wall floor appears as if its non textured. The third one shows it from the north and from a high vantage point, which makes it much more apparent. The fourth is using GZDoom and it looks fine from all angles.

pic1.PNG

pic2.PNG

pic3.PNG

pic4.PNG

25 minutes ago, donevan427 said:

It's an unreleased wad im working on.

I think people need to see the inner workings of how the WAD is assembled to denote what is going on. What level editor are you using?

It might just be some bugginess related to the angles, i.e. a slime trail. They can have a number of different appearances. You don't have a raised untextured sector, do you? Like for a vanilla "bullet proof" window?

Can you post a screenshot of map editor view at least? But you might have to post the map itself.

released the map and made thread. built in udb, no untextured sectors. looked into slime trails don't think that's it. The part shown is early in the map so you can check it out in  a few mins playing or just open up and editor. not really too bothered by the bug mostly just curious. thanks for the replies.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:48 AM, Redneckerz said:

I think people need to see the inner workings of how the WAD is assembled to denote what is going on. What level editor are you using?

On 12/31/2021 at 9:50 AM, HAK3180 said:

It might just be some bugginess related to the angles, i.e. a slime trail. They can have a number of different appearances. You don't have a raised untextured sector, do you? Like for a vanilla "bullet proof" window?

Can you post a screenshot of map editor view at least? But you might have to post the map itself.