Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guardsoul

E2M1 - Deimos Anomaly Remake

That's another wonderful job *_*

I was expecting something more hellish, remembering E2M1, so I didn't recognize it immediately, bet then I saw the damaging cross x)

You managed to "modernize" it wonderfully, everything from the original map is present, but rearranged to a new whole level and the same goes for the monster encounters (I missed 2 secrets though and I couldn't remember them in the original either).

What really amazed me the most, were probably the ceilings; god, they look fantastic, so detailed! 

Only 1 thing: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20211231_131721.png.549e0e746b9df9a1074ad9c144c51c71.png

it looks like you forgot to hide some sectors/lines (it can be confusing opening the map and having almost all of the ceiling lines, but I understand it's definitely almost impossible to remove them now), I'm referring especially to dummy sectors.

I think I will start collecting these maps 1 by 1, until I can have my new Ultimate Doom x)
Great job again!

Yeah, I completely forgot about the automap cleanup this time. That will be sorted out for the next version!

An absolutely amazing job! The design is beyond praise. After I finished playing, I walked for a long time and admired the architecture of the level. This is exactly how, in my opinion, modern levels for DOOM should look like.

3 GREAT REMAKES in a row! That's how you start the New Year!

I guess you were tired of waiting for 'The Shores of ZDooM' (Sequel of KDiZD) which was likely cancelled. Yeah even the KDiZD remake of e1m5 didn't do it justice, your remake was what we needed and now you make ANOTHER masterpiece.

Dude someone should gift you Prodeus and use the level editor on that so your talent can be displayed in that game. Do you have a Steam?

On 1/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, BetelgeuseSupergiant said:

Man, this is INCREDIBLE! Will you remaking third episode levels? :D

Current version of Sigma-X map 5 uses the same layout from E3M1 and has all the original elements but it has been modified to such degree that I wouldn´t call it a remake. We will see in the future, right now, there is another E2 remake in the oven.

14 hours ago, Darkstar-Archangel said:

3 GREAT REMAKES in a row! That's how you start the New Year!

I guess you were tired of waiting for 'The Shores of ZDooM' (Sequel of KDiZD) which was likely cancelled. Yeah even the KDiZD remake of e1m5 didn't do it justice, your remake was what we needed and now you make ANOTHER masterpiece.

Dude someone should gift you Prodeus and use the level editor on that so your talent can be displayed in that game. Do you have a Steam?

It´s highly unlikely that we will ever get TSoZD unfortunately so I decided to give the first map a go just to see what happens (and also because there aren´t too many E2 remakes). And don´t worry about Prodeus, I already have it, I just haven´t toyed with the editor yet.

Awesome work, @Guardsoul! The resemblance with the vanilla level is visible. Design, layout and atmosphere support each other. I’m not a GZDoom person so appreciate you didn’t go overboard with 3D floors and stuff. Just some in some places. I think this is my favorite of your remakes so far. Have you worked on E1M4 yet? Cause I’m struggling remaking this one and I need some inspiration 😏 Keep going!

Very cool, I had fun playing through this one and it looked great!  Looking forward to more of them. :)

I love it man - you always capture the essence of the classics and fill it with genuine surprises - I totally have e1m3 on my radar too! 

Pure art and devotion to Doom, after completing the map I delighted myself enjoying every detail I came across.

So much taste in the geometry, these remake maps are pure gold, must play!