Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2022 - Uploaded!

Here's my map. This took way longer than I expected. It took me five tries to get something I liked and I felt was worth sharing.

Name: Fortress Of Hate

Music: Desperate intruder-Jimmy

Format: Boom

Textures: Greenwar2 textures. I don't know who made these textures so if anyone knows, Please feel free to tell me. It would be much appreciated.

Multiplayer support: No

Difficulty settings: Yes

Build time: 1 day

Jumping: No

Crouching: No

Freelook: Doesn't really matter to me.

Tested in: GZDoom 4.8.2, DSDA Doom and PRBoom+

Additional credits: @Kappes Buur and @Womp the Cat  for helping me with the sky

EDIT: Forgot to add Biodegradable for playtesting. Thanks!

<<DOWNLOAD>>

Screenshots:

Spoiler

mELhY2H.png

mF5xUTC.png

Edited by Silhouette 03

22 minutes ago, Silhouette 03 said:

Here's my map. This took way longer than I expected. It took me five tries to get something I liked and I felt was worth sharing.

Name: Fortress Of Hate

Music: Desperate intruder-Jimmy

Format: Boom

Textures: Greenwar2 textures. I don't know who made these textures so if anyone knows, Please feel free to tell me. It would be much appreciated.

Multiplayer support: No

Difficulty settings: Yes

Build time: 1 day

Jumping: No

Crouching: No

Freelook: Doesn't really matter to me.

Tested in: GZDoom 4.8.2, DSDA Doom and PRBoom+

Additional credits: @Kappes Buur and @Womp the Cat  for helping me with the sky

<<DOWNLOAD>>

Screenshots:

Hide contents

mELhY2H.png

mF5xUTC.png

I approve the copious amounts of SP_FACE.

how have I missed this for ten years now?

It is likely too late for me to join now and I have several other maps to finish already anyways atm

I have to remember this project next year and join then.

edit

I can only find DW threads for the doomworld maximum projects in 2021 and this one in 2022 though

Edited by CBM

Edit: 11/12/22: Ok so after watching Bio play my map i decided to do a bit of updating to it and flush out some issues with it. I changed some textures, i fixed the lighting so it's not so dark now, re arranged some enemies, weapons, ammo and health.

Besides minor linedef and sectors fixes it's basically the same layout but with changes (i will post screen shots as well)

Here's the link to the (new updated version) wad:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HCu_iqZNUQMMXAyRPs8hMpbbYYMMS83a/view?usp=share_link

Here's the info on the map as well:

Name: Underground Brawl 22

IWAD: Doom2

Format: UDMF (Since i can get away using stock textures for areas that need them)

Built Time: 3 months (before hadius) + 2 days (after hadius)

Map slot: MAP01

Jumping/Crouching: Not required/recommended

Freelook: Not required/recommended

Difficulties: All the same since i'm still kinda learning UDMF as i go.

Multiplayer: None.

Music: Viscra Maelstrom - This Is My Boomstick from Mid. The way Id did 2 midi pack.

Tested in: GZDoom g.4.8.2 (please let me know if there's any issues with this using other ports since i only use GZDoom for play testing).

Misc: There are NO new textures, monsters and dehacks. It is all stock.

I want to say this, although i maybe still learning the UDMF format for Doom 2 i did have fun making this....even though i left it for a few months to go work on other maps and a personal project that's still wip.

Anyways here is my entire for Doomworld Maximum Project 2022 or i like to call it DWMP '22. Thanks for letting me partake in this even though it was kinda out of the blue.

Screen shots:

UNGBEW 1.jpg

UNGBEW 2.jpg

UNGBEW.jpg

Edited by xScavengerWolfx : Made an update to the map.

[When I intro'ed here, I had a different way of communicating. For the moment, I'm going to ignore that and get straight to the point]
I'm supposed to be mapping [and playtesting, but let's ignore that for the moment] for this, as one of the goals this year. I am not well [please do not be sympathetic, it's purely for context I mention this]. There's something on my plate I need to finish and then I can come back and decide, if I am or not mapping, or even staying here. I don't know what to do frankly. Back soon, as I just found out recently, I had a message requesting assistance and I need to see if that's even needed/wanted. That's it for me, as I am honestly uncomfortable starting further dialogue right now.

14 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I watch the video and first off thanks for playing it by the way.

Now some of the comments you made and i will answer them right now:

Yes it's dark, i made it that way on purpose because i wanted the player to stumble around and figure out where to go in the dark.

Feeling lost was intended for the map because again i wanted the player to stumble around in the dark.

There was a secret but i took it out, it did not work at all how i wanted it to work, so i cut it out of the map. 

Now the room with the teleports and when you said "what's the point of this?". It was supposed to be a room where you got ammo and health but i forgot to take it out.

The tech base area, yes i agree i should've done a switch instead of computer panel and i also agree that it would work as a secret as well. 

Overall if i can i would fix the issues and repost it but i don't i can do that, but that's up to oblivion to decided.

Also i won't lie when i saw you quoting me i was like "Oh no, bio is playing my map" lol.

My contribution: dmp22_palms_beta1.zip

Map Name: Palms

Version: beta2 (see my comment below; outsider playtesting still needed & welcome!)

Format: Limit-removing (even vanilla limits should be fine in theory)

Music: HOME - "Resonance", taken from AUGER;ZENITH
Difficulties: No; technically added for like two monsters and items, but not tested nor dealt with seriously.
Multiplayer support: Coop - starts only, DM - no

Build time: 3 days (no more than 6 hours each though)
Tested with: Crispy Doom v.5.12.0 (most other source ports are almost certainly fine)

Known Bugs: None that I'm aware of. I tried breaking the walls lowering then raising sequence in the ending room but couldn't.

Credits: d2text.wad (NiGHTMARE), 32-in-24 15 texture set (various but mostly Final Doom Plutonia & Hexen), Doomworld texture sharing thread (NOGUN tex by @Stabbey, sky tex by @Bumbadida) + myself for a secret texture

It wasn't exactly what I was planning for this year, but I'm satisfied nonetheless.

This one's sort of a tribute to the song of the same name by synthwave artist Quixotic. It doesn't have much to do with palm trees and actual beach atmosphere ue to the atmosphere of original Doom, but I tried my best with as few extra resources as possible. I also dedicate this map to him, so for staying in theme, I tried to make it 90s-like to an extent, so in theory, the entire map should be compatible with vanilla limits. As a consequence, it's not exactly my nicest map ever, but definitely more fun than most.

I'd welcome some playtesting, though; I made two runs and related adjustments, but had no patience for a third run for now - to be honest, I don't like playtesting.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

DOOM0010.png.c62636d807f8b83eb9475c635b786bdf.pngDOOM0011.png.f189f269e0bc29681c6459a6b86bd2ee.pngDOOM0013.png.a7e4a4b69869db8c92a7a2707f212517.pngDOOM0014.png.7be9cbabf5705dee6be759651bf0831b.png

Edited by Katamori

2 hours ago, Katamori said:

Music: HOME - "Resonance"

THAT'S what I was thinking of lmao. I knew it was something by HOME, so I was close. Anyways, aside from a couple a questionable blockline, I have no qualms with this map and had a good time for it.

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Anyways, aside from a couple a questionable blockline, I have no qualms with this map and had a good time for it.

Wow, that was quick, thank you very much! Good to see finally I have a map with very little issues. Maybe from video it seemed a bit easier than I anticipated but oh well...I don't want it too hard anyways.

I'm very sad you missed the third and final secret :( I wanted to show it to someone - you even hit the switch three times, on the side of the main building...all I can is that you were looking for the solution way too far away :P it's much more obvious than you assume.

Jokes aside, thanks for the feedback, I did a small upgrade (cc @Obsidian): dmp22_palms_beta2.zip

Most importantly, this removes many of the blocklines you've mentioned - I thought I needed them for crowd control, but eventually it killed the most fun part of the cyberdemon fight. Actually I still insist I had to make crowd control on an area this wide, where you can barely make any silencing, but I had another way for that.

Also I'm glad you appreciate HOME <3

Here's a limit-removing map that only uses Doom 2 textures.  The gameplay is combat-focused and has incidental elements alongside some slaughter-lite stuff, mild exploration, and a few challenge/arena bits.  The visuals are a sort of abstract television/nukage theme.  HMP has the same enemies as UV but more powerups.  HNTR has extra powerups and fewer enemies.  A leisurely UV-max takes me around 18 minutes.  I recommend using Crispy Doom for this if you like it but any limit-removing port of decent strength should work fine.

Download:

Change the Channel v3

Change the Channel v2
Change the Channel v1

nwyjMq6.png

Name: Change the Channel
Modes: Singleplayer (co-op starts placed)
Format: Limit-removing (complevel 2)
Testing: Crispy Doom, DSDA-Doom -complevel 2, Eternity -vanilla, GZDoom (Doom strict)
Skill Levels: All implemented
Jump/Crouch: No
Freelook: Okay but not intended
Pistol Start: Designed for
Rendering: Software preferred but hardware okay
Music: Saboteur by Alfonzo
Textures: Doom 2 only

Please let me know if you spot any issues or think the balance is off.  I'm happy to watch demos and videos if you're interested in recording.  Thanks, y'all.

Note:  Right now there's no sky transfer on this because it will work fine with either of the first two skies from Doom 2.  If this doesn't end up in the first 20 maps of the compiled project then I'll probably have to add a sky since that red episode 3 sky won't work.

Edited by Salmon : added new file version

I've become a lot busier IRL, so I didn't have time to make a magnum opus like I did last year. I instead made a speed map. Not just any speed map, though. It's a fast, short, and fun BFG-spammy slaughter map inspired by the likes of @NoReason. I call it... Gura Ring Fit Fun Time. Yep, I made another map devoted to Gawr Gura. She served as my muse when I made this map. If you want to get overly analytical like a certain painful mountain, you can find a story in there somewhere. Maybe the intense action is how Gura felt after working out so much. Who knows? Just play and have fun.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

2kXMrup.png

I5CNLus.png

8WoKHOA.png

gJx52Q4.png

Name: Gura Ring Fit Fun Time

Modes: Singleplayer only

Format: Boom (complevel 9)

Tested with: DSDA-Doom. Doesn't run well in GZDoom due to the extremely high monster count.

Skill levels: UV only

Jump/Crouch: No

Freelook: You can try

Pistol start: Designed for

Rendering: Software preferred

Music: "Goin' Down the Fast Way" from Rise of the Triad

Texture: Aside from one custom texture, it exclusively uses stock textures.

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lzrtuzpu5m31kc6/EM_DMP22.wad/file

Demo of me beating it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j14ipme7f2g8hql/EM_DMP22_DEMO.lmp/file

Sauce of that Gura pic: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88549536 (Pic is SFW, but it's hosted on Pixiv, so proceed with caution.)

Quite the ball-buster, @Salmon. Really awesome visuals and texture work and everything works. Combat is definitely an acquired taste that still alludes me for the time being, but otherwise a great effort overall. Well done, mate.

@Biodegradable, thanks for the video!  It's going to be helpful for making adjustments.  You're my first tester and balancing this sort of map is not something I have much experience with.  Hopefully it wasn't too abrasive although I thought you played well.  Your only real "mistake" (opening the second wave of enemies in the final area early) was my fault as the mapper.

I'll probably make some adjustments to the pinky pit (maybe make the RL available there or just fewer pinkies).  With the final arena, I may add more switches to open up the second wave of enemies--it wasn't my intention for players to be able to easily flood the area and I probably communicated that poorly in design terms.  I think that fight is much easier approached one wave at a time so I'll see what I can do in terms of suggesting that.  I might drop the enemy count a bit there too, I'll play around with it.  Really appreciate you playing!

Here's a level that was originally meant for a personal project of mine, but as I'm unsure whether more progress will be done with it, I figured to include the first map into a community project before it potentially fades into obscurity.

Map Name: Emerging Threat
Modes: Single Player w/ 4-player co-op
Format: Boom (Doom II)
Tested: PrBoom, GZDoom (also used UDB Map Analysis to remove any errors)
Skill Levels: All
Jump / Crouch / Freelook: All not taken into consideration, but won't be map-breaking if you do.

Custom Textures: Only one, Skybox 4 from Eradrop's skybox pack

Music: 'So Strange' by PRIMEVAL and Jimmy (from Flashback to Hell)

Additional notes: As mentioned above, as this was designed as a MAP01 of sorts, it would be ideal to move it very early on in the lineup. Also, the map originally had CC4 textures but I had a major problem renaming said textures to TVKxxxxx so ended up replacing them with stock ones. If there are any issues, please let me know.

Link coming shortly.

Edit: Had to put link in next reply as, for whatever reason, wouldn't allow me to put it here.

Edited by TheV1perK1ller

Here is my map, Caught Red Handed. The format is Boom. It uses mostly stock textures, with just a touch of OTEX. I'll get those separated later. I just want the map to be uploaded for bug-testing first.

Map

I welcome any and all reviews. I especially want to know if it works properly on Prboom.

Edit: Also, music is Squar by Jimmy, from the Claustrophobia 1024 map project.

1 minute ago, Dreamskull said:

I recently finished this map here, though it hasn't got much attention. Please see what you can do with it.

Hey, you wanna include your map in this project? Because if not, please dont advertise your map here. If you do, provide a direct download link please.