Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2022 - Uploaded!

Alright, finally getting around to the last round of bugfixing. Does anyone have any bug reports for me?

I can't sit still long enough to watch a 2-hour VOD all the way through. Eheh.

1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

Alright, finally getting around to the last round of bugfixing. Does anyone have any bug reports for me?

Updated my map.
Bugfix in gzdoom (some ceiling didnt start to lower because they hit the ground the same time the ground started to lower),
missing fake floor tag, missalligned textures, wrong textures.
Link in the original post: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2586894

On 1/27/2023 at 9:06 AM, Obsidian said:

I had a bugfix here: 

11 hours ago, Obsidian said:

@smeghammer, do you want me to wait until you submit an update to your map before I release the first public beta?

Oh, good point - I think it was removing some ACS debug. I'll check. 

Spoiler

The joys of timezones...

UPDATE:

Just checked the ACS and did a quick invuln runthrough. All looks good and things happen as coded. Happy for it to go as-is.

Thanks

Edited by smeghammer

Zandronum: 
image.png.dba544f38db1cf9ca7e9c3e9cd5a465f.pngú

I wonder if this error occour only me, or anyone else gets this error?

Edit:
My map is missing the red flat: N42REDF

Edited by Ninehills42

2 hours ago, Ninehills42 said:

My map is missing the red flat: N42REDF

Ah yes, the inexplicable IWAD inclusions, heh. Guess I forgot to re-replace those when you submitted your update, this should fix it right up. As for the Zandronum error, I imagine it's to do with Zandro being based on an older version of GZDoom and therefore not able to cope with the newer stuff: ZDoom does the same thing when you try to load up the compilation in there.

@Obsidian, I decided I liked the E1 sky better than the E2 sky so I added transfer tags for those ports that support them.  I also added a little more health and ammo around the earlier parts of the map and moved a green armor based off of Xenaero's stream.

Change the Channel v3

here is my walkthrough of first 10 maps leaving one i use iddt cheat and prboom plus 2.5.1.4 some are uv maxed and some unfinished using cl2

and some minor bugs i found are

in map1  by pegleg 1 a chian gunner cant move in starting room
in map 2 by scorpius chaingunner and caco demons are stuck in secret areas
in map 10 by osminee  rev wont teleport for whole game in starting room if player or lost soul is occupying 
its teleprting place

dmpx22test.zip

35 minutes ago, Zahid said:

here is my walkthrough of first 10 maps leaving one i use iddt cheat and prboom plus 2.5.1.4 some are uv maxed and some unfinished using cl2

and some minor bugs i found are

in map1  by pegleg 1 a chian gunner cant move in starting room
in map 2 by scorpius chaingunner and caco demons are stuck in secret areas
in map 10 by osminee  rev wont teleport for whole game in starting room if player or lost soul is occupying 
its teleprting place

dmpx22test.zip

Cheers for catching those Zahid! @Pegleg, @Scorpius, @osminee, a few bug reports for y'all here.

3 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Cheers for catching those Zahid! @Pegleg, @Scorpius, @osminee, a few bug reports for y'all here.

OK. That should be a quick fix; I'll look to get that done this weekend.

@Zahid Thank you for the playthrough.

map 11 to map 24 (i skip map 17 for being too difficult) uv max attempting walkthroughs using prBoom+ v2.5.1.4 using iddt

map 11 seems unplayable as one door didn't open for me...

dmpx22test.zip

Based on the latest feedback, and some things I noticed during Zahid's demo, I made some changes. I now consider this to be the final version of the map.

dmaxp22p_v4.zip

Versions 1 and 2 were already removed from the posts on January 17th and August 8th, respectively. Version 3 was removed from the post on December 29th. The map must be loaded with the jimmytex resource pack.

The known bugs, "suppose you could call them bugs," story, and notes on the map from the December 29th post are still to be considered authoritative, if a text file ends up being made.

Title: Against the Smiling Horde

Version: 4

Format: Limit-removing

Tested with: Chocolate Doom v. 3.0.0 (switches don't animate and there are HOMs due to sidedef overflows and VPOs in some parts), PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4, ZDoom 2.8.1, GZDoom 3.2.5, GZDoom 4.7.1

Changes:

• Moved chaingunners to avoid them being stuck
  • Changed light levels around doors to be consistent
  • Fixed pegging on some door sidewall lines so they wouldn't be misaligned after opening/lowering
  • Slightly moved some of the monsters and a monster teleport line in the last closet to better ensure teleporting (in Zahid's demo, one of the revenants didn't teleport, and that should now be fixed)
  • Fixed a few errant floor textures

@Obsidian Fixed some bugs in my map (unfortunately I still don't know if the revenant bug is fixed or not).

ddmaxgladiator.zip (the original post will be updated with the new map too)

Changes:

• Fixed lift in the main arena, the lift cannot be lowered anymore before pressing the respective switch
  • Made the exit area longer so the player can actually survive the explosion; also added a backpack at the teleport destination to prevent a softlock
  • The revenant in the starting room will now be alerted after making a noise in some other areas
Edited by osminee : added mention

Boo!

I was doing other stuff over the past month, but I didn't wanna let this fester for too long so I rolled up my sleeves and fixed all the bugs Zahid reported that hadn't been addressed already. I'm gonna give this a week before I toss it onto the archives, so speak now or forever hold your updates!

On 3/6/2023 at 8:47 AM, Obsidian said:

Uploaded! And don't worry SuyaSS, I remembered to include your update. :)

Hello there, my map is sadly missing ALL of its custom textures somehow. :-[
This is probably my fault for not mentioning it earlier, as I had noticed it a few weeks ago but just assumed whoever was compiling the wad would notice this and it would get fixed, especially since the final update to my map DOES have the textures in it, I have checked it to make sure of this.

48gPExZ.png
4y74Lj5.png
MMAaqxa.png
LvaqYmu.png
rzQPXZL.png

On 3/6/2023 at 1:47 PM, Obsidian said:

Uploaded! And don't worry SuyaSS, I remembered to include your update. :)

where is download link?

Its probably not live on ID games yet. Try searching title for 'doomworld maximum project'. Currently I see just DWMP2021. Give it a couple of days...

Noticed a bug in the HUB room. If you go to the back of the teleporter and pass through the portal. Did this in the BooM room. The C O M P L E T E ! text that appears showed up, despite not completing the level or even entering it.

Also, found the secret and yip it did exactly what it said it would. I need to go a wash my eyes out with soap, because I wasn't ready for it.

...why do people tell me these things after the fact? T_T

I'll do some bugfixing this weekend.

Alright, submitted an update to catch the bugs. And if there's any more that have been missed...please don't tell me, heh.

MAP05 is named "Nuclear Waste Processing Base" in the *MAPINFO lumps, but Nuclear Waste Processing Plant in CWILV04. Which is canonical?

MAP41 is credited to Russell Bowtell but this person more recently prefers Aaron Russell Bowtell.

Inconsistent naming and crediting are the wiki's bane... :-(

AAAAAARGH!

(In all seriousness, thanks for letting me know. At this point I'm content to leave things as they are considering none of those bugs are game-breaking, but I appreciate knowing that information about Mr Bowtell and I'll be sure to bear it in mind for future installments.)