Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Doom 2: The Way We Remember It (Release v8)

the cursed score is definitely my favorite part of this. it's such a tease when a wrong note goes off.
I wonder if people used the automap to remember the level layouts better, felt way harder than the original to me. loved it all the way! can't wait to make more in the possible future

Did MAP10 always have cyberdemons teleporting in your face? Or is one of the memory additions (Presumably memories of nightmares manifesting)

The most cursed thing so far is the fact that on MAP09 Pain Elementals actually spawn lost souls.

47 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Did MAP10 always have cyberdemons teleporting in your face? Or is one of the memory additions (Presumably memories of nightmares manifesting)

The most cursed thing so far is the fact that on MAP09 Pain Elementals actually spawn lost souls.

it most definitely does. one of the biggest run killer rng moments in speedrunning

14 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

I've already signed up to do TNT MAP22: Habitat. I'm also still interested in creating a new E4M4.

Ah, my favorite map from TNT! Looking forward to a faithful recreation! :)

In MAP08, I cannot seem able to revisit the room with the rocket launcher and the Pinky horde: the door will not open again from either side.

Comparisons have been finished.

After two weeks I'll release it to the idgames archive, assuming no new problems come up.

Edited by Engired

Finally ran through MAP10 and MAP11. Also failed MAP12. Video processes now.

No bugs, but wasn't there a bfg in the red brick building in Factory?

I find myself unable to get the last two secrets (i.e. the Rocket Launcher with the Chaingunner ambush and the secret BFG) in MAP09.

What do I have to do to access them?

Edited by Rudolph

9 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I find myself unable to get the last two secrets (i.e. the Rocket Launcher with the Chaingunner ambush and the secret BFG) in MAP09.

What do I have to do to access them?

For BFG there's a differently colored wall to open it. For rocket launcher, I'm not sure what the secret is supposed to be. Just go into the tunnel with lost souls?

Alright. V2 seems to have fixed my issue with MAP09 (i.e. the tunnel with the Lost Souls not opening when I get near the satyr door or hitting it with a weapon). However, the problem with MAP08's Rocket Launcher room door only opening once remains.

Also, I must say, I really like @Zulk RS's recreation of MAP08 and I find it a shame that it has to be hidden away as MAP35.

6 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Also, I must say, I really like Zulk RS's recreation of MAP08 and I find it a shame that it has to be hidden away as MAP35.

That was a complete accident that I got the Map08 slot, as Engired couldn't really keep up with updating the main post and title and I didn't notice that Zulk was already working on Map08, I also mentioned that in the wadhosting description. He was fine with it at the end of the day. But I promise you Zulk (If he reads this) I will never steal a map slot from you again! Never again!

14 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

However, the problem with MAP08's Rocket Launcher room door only opening once remains.

I thought I foolproofed it for everyone in my original version. Oh well, oversights always happen.

MAP12 is the truly cursed experience, I don't believe there ever were this much heavies with this little ammo.

A few things: Raise by 24 (Change texture) action does not remove damaging effect, which throws curveball on the whole room

A random death trap in SSG room, why?

On 1/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, thiccyosh said:

Ackschutally it's one Lost Soul, but it's stuck in a wall and not in another Lost Soul in vanilla Doom 2. Map05 is a mess anyways so do not attempt to fix it.

This got me insanely curious, because I could swear there were two lost souls stuck right in eachother and not a wall in Map05, similar to what you've done but even more lined up. Sure enough that's the case, no wall stick - whew, thought I was losing it! I think American McGee just right clicked twice there (or whatever the command was in DoomEd to place another object)

Those two lost souls may very well be the most memorable part of Waste Tunnels aside from the plasma secret.

32 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Sure enough that's the case, no wall stick - whew, thought I was losing it!

And now that I saw it, I could've sworn I saw just like that how I remembered it. Instead of two Lost Souls stuck in eachother to make just one Lost Soul, that it just was one Lost Soul stuck to the wall, or was it like how I did it in that map? Perhaps I'm the one that's going crazy.

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

MAP12 is the truly cursed experience, I don't believe there ever were this much heavies with this little ammo.

To be honest MAP12 is very bad here. I didn't expected THIS.

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

A few things: Raise by 24 (Change texture) action does not remove damaging effect, which throws curveball on the whole room

A random death trap in SSG room, why?

Gotta blame it to my memory, heh, there's some running and gunning and exploring to be done if you want to make the best of it, that's how I remembered it (:

About the first point, I just checked in crispy and the raised platforms didn't hurt me at all, not sure what happened to you there. And the death trap, why not, it's cursed so it fits (:

I think raising by 24 isn't coded to remove effect, period. But might be just 32?

Partially it's because it borrows not yet fully raised platform as a template, I guess.

5 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Alright. V2 seems to have fixed my issue with MAP09 (i.e. the tunnel with the Lost Souls not opening when I get near the satyr door or hitting it with a weapon). However, the problem with MAP08's Rocket Launcher room door only opening once remains.

Also, I must say, I really like @Zulk RS's recreation of MAP08 and I find it a shame that it has to be hidden away as MAP35.

I didn't touch map 9, but I did change the door to an Sr in map08. It might have not saved though, I've had it happen before.

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I think raising by 24 isn't coded to remove effect, period. But might be just 32?

Partially it's because it borrows not yet fully raised platform as a template, I guess.

Raising by 24 does remove the effect, but you can rush forwards and accidentally transfer the damaging effects.

1 hour ago, Eggman07 said:

How the hell does someone forget the ssg room

Screenshot (953).png

It has everything that an SSG room needs. Namely an SSG. I don't see what the issue is.

Playing V3 right now and I still get stuck inside the secret BFG alcove in MAP34 if I do not get out before the floor rises again.

6 hours ago, Eggman07 said:

How the hell does someone forget the ssg room

Screenshot (953).png

Played it just before, Map02 is cursed

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

Playing V3 right now and I still get stuck inside the secret BFG alcove in MAP34 if I do not get out before the floor rises again.

I did fix that but it seems like it didn't save for some reason.

why does d_romer2 have no set instruments? it's just pianos
also d_dm2int has weird drumkits, and has several random instruments thrown into the beginning

2 minutes ago, Donowa said:

why does d_romer2 have no set instruments? it's just pianos

Due to how the midi was exported none of the instruments were set properly. We've only kept it because it kind of fits monster condo.

Going in using Sekaiju and resetting the instruments for each track would be fairly trivial if that’s needed?