Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

Currently working on a new weapon/item/enemy replacer mod that will let you play your favourite maps with a TMoD twist! And the best part, all graphics + sprites so far are 100% compatible with the vanilla DooM palette!

Screenshot_Doom_20220103_223921.png.b4a1aa8acadc81f0a4683fd880aa2b74.png

Here is the default outfit you wear. It provides a tiiiny amount of damage reduction early on so it's not very good for actual defence.

Screenshot_Doom_20220103_223938.png.0dae06a14ea288b45f7ff14070ec5f97.png

For those needing a big kick in defence, the Knights armour is much better as it grants you 50% damage resistance! Neat!

Screenshot_Doom_20220103_223942.png.9c86177250b2f12a5c1f09bbb8d4c748.png

And for ****s and giggles... a generic "skimpkini" armour that is used in way too many RPG's (and yet somehow provides the 2nd highest defence at 75% O_o).

So, uhhh, this is a screen of Doomguy wishing a happy new year to all da other marines at his big 'Survivors Guilt New Year's Shindig'

JCshY2n.png

Also, happy new year everyone.

Also this screen is from map 29 of TNT:Forever (Taken in GZDB)

@NaturalTvventy, I love what you do with Vanilla (almost) resources. On a similar note, a couple of screenies from the newest map of mine, biggest and most open yet. Very happy with it.Untitled1.png.a85d9d1336d3ebf697bc91650a5d0ae5.pngUntitled2.png.1dab1480fe4e9dfd8a1880cd18a925a2.png

You see, you know it's a Doom map because there's a cacodemon in it.

[Edit: snipped to free filespace]

You can just plop a scanned image into UDMF-GZDoomBuilder and trace over it, neat!

cooldoommap.jpg

Edited by NoisyVelvet : freeing up filespace cuz doomworld only has 50MB.

8 hours ago, Pechudin said:

@NaturalTvventy, I love what you do with Vanilla (almost) resources. 

Thanks! Vanilla textures best textures... with a healthy dose of GothicDM and other classics. Don't forget the unused lost resources.

13 hours ago, Pechudin said:

@NaturalTvventy, I love what you do with Vanilla (almost) resources. On a similar note, a couple of screenies from the newest map of mine, biggest and most open yet. Very happy with it.Untitled1.png.a85d9d1336d3ebf697bc91650a5d0ae5.pngUntitled2.png.1dab1480fe4e9dfd8a1880cd18a925a2.png

The layout is great, and looks really interesting. I do feel that there are a couple too many textures in that area, and it looks slightly 'thematically cluttered' as a result, if that makes sense. Of course, this is my subjective opinion, feel free to ignore. :) Keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, Kyka said:

The layout is great, and looks really interesting. I do feel that there are a couple too many textures in that area, and it looks slightly 'thematically cluttered' as a result, if that makes sense. Of course, this is my subjective opinion, feel free to ignore. :) Keep up the good work.

I was trying to give the ZZWOLF textures a bit of love, don't see them used often.

3 hours ago, Pechudin said:

I was trying to give the ZZWOLF textures a bit of love, don't see them used often.

A noble and valiant endeavour, and one to which I also aspire.

To wit:

Spoiler

Map 27: TNT:Forever

v69LgqB.png

Below: Map 09: TNT:Forever (You can see the little yellow and gray striped logo thing from this texture):

uaiKxED.png

This secret switch:

JEi3lsq.png

...leads to this door

Ad0TLgi.png

(I really like the idea of identifying somehow when a secret switch does something somewhere on a level, rather than make the player just wander around for a while to see what it did.)

And again from this texture:

uaiKxED.png

You can see this radio thing on the shelf here: (Currently Unassigned Map from TNT:Forever)

Bc7se20.png

Below: Map 06 TNT:Forever: - a recolored WOLF stone texture.

OObSDVC.png

There are others floating around in the project also. These will do for now.

Edited by Kyka