Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

49 minutes ago, Kinsie said:

This is an old map from a cancelled, overambitious project

Null?

On 1/13/2022 at 9:33 PM, s1zzlorr said:

nah, it's a custom palette i put together

unknown.png

A very nice and atmospheric palette, but I do think that the blue range indices (which are purple-ish range in your palette's case) could have been more even in their brightness drop off. It looks like the brightness massively drops after the 8th index from the brightest blue and the next indices afterwards have very gradual brightness change.

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

A very nice and atmospheric palette, but I do think that the blue range indices (which are purple-ish range in your palette's case) could have been more even in their brightness drop off. It looks like the brightness massively drops after the 8th index from the brightest blue and the next indices afterwards have very gradual brightness change.

yeah, am aware. probably gonna fix that at some point lol

also thanks for the feedback!

4 hours ago, Breezeep said:

3xlajhg.png

I'll come back to this some day.

You need to stop posting such attractive screenshots.

On 1/12/2022 at 1:49 PM, Chainie said:

Nice usage of doom 2 textures, where is this picture from? Is it your project?

Yup, more info is coming very soon. And yes, everything's made with stock DOOM2 resources only.

51 minutes ago, ludicrous_peridot said:

Is there a name for this type of artifact, or am I just torturing poor Choco? I am not seeing this in any BOOM derivatives I've tried, nor GZDoom.

Delta Touch_2022-01-17-00-00-25_1.gif

It's tutti-frutti.

3 hours ago, ludicrous_peridot said:

Thanks. So this is what happens when you load straight converted console Doom level into vanilla.

Possibly. It's a bug that can be fixed by messing with a few placements of walls and textures and stuff. Pretty easy to fix so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.