• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

6 minutes ago, KineticBeverage said:

doom12.png

To quote Civvie: "This is what I like to call a 'Nope Room'."

After seeing all those bones and mass graves. I swear I could see skulls on that black pool.

It scared me a lot. Upon a closer inspection they were just medkits... but the nightmare continues to haunt me. (Syringe.wad)

cpAYZvE.png

1v6KblZ.png

The start of an episode closer for doom 2, borrowing heavily on theme from a megawad I played a couple of months ago. This is a sort of opening shot before arriving at a techbase literally in the middle of nothing. The visuals are kind of still work in progress with the broad strokes done.

1 hour ago, Katamori said:

Haven't touched a map editor for four-ish years, let's see how flashing out some long scraped ideas work

It's nice to see you mapping again!

1 minute ago, Not Jabba said:

It's nice to see you mapping again!

Thanks, I hope it actually goes somewhere this time :D wanted to post a shorter map today but not gonna happen it seems.

I was totally way too wasted either by life or by happiness, so I could never spend time with it, but now I can also feel I got more used to better worklow (e.g. more shortcuts, more foresight about monster placement, etc)

56 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Woah, that green "inferno" sky is really cool!

Thanks, wasn't really confident for a while and also needed some help from the texture thread but as it turns out it's insane good ingame.

after days of slow work i finished one of my early hell map since i really didnt make something like this before (weird am i right)
Screenshot_1346.png
(cool ship in the end cause why not)

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_232753.png?widt
Screenshot_Doom_20220131_000434.png
Screenshot_Doom_20220131_132857.png
Screenshot_Doom_20220130_232659.png
Screenshot_Doom_20220131_132950.png
i may make this map public if people have enough interest 

Edited by big smoke

Experimenting with gorgeous faux-3D spaces. Way, way not recommend it for more complex layouts, the linedef management is a nightmare. More sane mappers than me are not using this method by reason

image.png.3df1774982cbb803b058f3426aee3ad7.pngimage.png.d93ba6f180497f3f3e4cec7f41d7d285.png

2 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

[ Amazingness... ]

At the end of the day, this is really a sky-appreciation thread -- and damn if that doesn't kick ass...