• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

On 4/2/2022 at 3:20 PM, StormCatcher.77 said:

Some practice with Community Chest 4 textures:
0001.jpg.946b426d4c6c92ac9414aea44f4def69.jpg

I like the idea of this being a gigantic underground car park, with an optional "teleport directly to your vehicle" device provided

UAC looks after its employees

On 4/7/2022 at 9:45 AM, yakfak said:

shittyyakfakmap.png.ea15338763db0a9bf810aa9e77528afc.png

my mapping style is just    keep being ridiculous until it looks like something no-one else could've accidentally made

Is this a "count the crosses" puzzle?

24 minutes ago, Yumheart said:

Screenshot_Doom_20220412_165127.jpg.7c41dfa4f3c6f9423dcb8da247dd8d44.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20220412_165231.jpg.f610acbe24ccc30db0ea41b438227c11.jpg

A Mars base, or rather Mars-themed base, that I've been working on intensively over the last couple of days.
I'm not quite sure if I wanna do the Lunatic-esque directional shading yet. On one hand, it would fit the extraterrestrial theme, but I'm afraid it'll look overloaded, considering that I've already got three predominant colours going on besides grey and brown. Probably gonna procrastinate that decision until the map is done, but I'd be happy to hear a few opinions on that.

I don't know, I always found directional shading kind of uncanny-valley looking, especially in outdoor areas. 

AnyConv.com__DOOM01.png.13482af71572662dabb940a9c9a34db3.png

yo <3 anyone have the complete lowdown on chocorenderlimits commands? trying to decorate in a complicated, pseudo-NEIS influenced way but also add liquid damage in places

37 minutes ago, yakfak said:

AnyConv.com__DOOM01.png.13482af71572662dabb940a9c9a34db3.png

yo <3 anyone have the complete lowdown on chocorenderlimits commands? trying to decorate in a complicated, pseudo-NEIS influenced way but also add liquid damage in places

F1 takes a screenshot.

F3 teleports you back to the area with the highest recorded visplanes, and F2 resets that maximum.

F4 writes the current coordinates to a log file. (I haven't really used this so it might write more than just coordinates, I'm not sure.)

F6 toggles between normal display and a few types of visplane highlighting so you can see how things are getting split.

F8 toggles "sneaking" mode, which lets you walk around while only seeing the segs that would be rendered from the position you pressed F8 in. I don't use this often, but it can be useful occasionally for finding out whether a certain distant structure is actually affecting your render budget.

F9 toggles between showing all the renderer stats or not.

F10 toggles between bright purple or black for HOM.

V triggers an archvile jump, since visplanes can be affected by view height.

Also, be sure to test with the Doom statusbar hidden since it can make a significant difference in visplanes.

^thanks! didn't think about the status bar thing, I never really go bigger than that and plan to create a replacement set of hud faces. something to think about!

10 hours ago, TheWatcher041 said:

Woah- that looks like quake. Does it use a texture pack?

It uses textures from Ancient Aliens:

Just now, HrnekBezucha said:

G9iqoBd.png

Worst death on stream so far. Even worse than the one where only 9 cyberdemons were left.