Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

On 8/29/2022 at 11:48 PM, The_SloVinator said:

TNT Goes Boom! progress for the past 2 or 3 months.

Very happy with the progress & lately I've been feeling more confident about the megawad.

Currently working on Map 19, so I'm close to finishing episode 3 of the megawad.

Caps taken in Chocolate Doom

(pics)

I love tnt. This looks classically classic. Keep it up. :)

7 minutes ago, ChippiHeppu said:

Everyone is being followed by the Devil himself it seems.

image.png.8bf581842d4b0a3ccf58fe6fbf52b23f.png

REELVONIC VERSION 2.0??!!

39 minutes ago, Veddge said:

I haven’t logged into the forums in over a decade, but a close childhood friend of mine passed away recently and I decided to go through some of the Doom stuff we were making when we were kids. The hardest part was recovering the wads from my old 3.5” floppy disks! It took me a few hours, but I managed to recover some files from the late 90s when we were making maps. Most of it is completely forgettable, but apparently my friend was making a “my house” map around 1999. In his honor, I’ve been cleaning up his map for release and adding some ZDoom/UDMF features for the sake of convenience. I haven’t touched an editor for almost 15 years… but boy, is it a lot easier to make maps today than it was in the 90s!

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220831_222413.png.9505cebd1de35257e68aec5f537948da.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220831_221609.png.5c943c91ed7404989e1c899eb5734db2.png

Sorry for your loss, Veddge, but the Doomcute is beyond cozy in this. What a beautiful and touching tribute!

1 hour ago, Veddge said:

Sad stuff

I concur with waitress. My sincere sympathies for your loss and it is a very lovely thing to do for your friend. 

3 hours ago, Veddge said:

I’ve been cleaning up his map for release

Sorry for your loss. This deserves a Cacoward for the story and tribute alone! At least an honorable mention. Stuff like this touches the hearts of the Doomer in all of us.

31 minutes ago, MattFright said:

2nd map i'm working on for my community project! I wanted to make a 3rd but turns out vegetation alone makes my maps take twice as long to finish :p

Spoiler

doom325.png

doom326.png

doom327.png

doom328.png

I know you gotta adhere to deadlines, but those succulents do be looking succulent - well worth the effort.

4 hours ago, Veddge said:

I haven’t logged into the forums in over a decade, but a close childhood friend of mine passed away recently and I decided to go through some of the Doom stuff we were making when we were kids. The hardest part was recovering the wads from my old 3.5” floppy disks! It took me a few hours, but I managed to recover some files from the late 90s when we were making maps. Most of it is completely forgettable, but apparently my friend was making a “my house” map around 1999. In his honor, I’ve been cleaning up his map for release and adding some ZDoom/UDMF features for the sake of convenience. I haven’t touched an editor for almost 15 years… but boy, is it a lot easier to make maps today than it was in the 90s!

So sorry for your loss. I love that you are going to release his map as a visual epitaph, where your friends vision can live on in the id archives. Looking forward to checking it out when released.

18 hours ago, Veddge said:

My condolences for the loss. That map looks wonderful. Good luck with it!

14 hours ago, MattFright said:

2nd map i'm working on for my community project! I wanted to make a 3rd but turns out vegetation alone makes my maps take twice as long to finish :p

(pics)

Beautiful ambience and design.

18 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Wanted to try making something cool looking with just the IWAD textures, and thought it might be fun to take screenshots from start to finish. This is basically just a Doom vignette, I guess (no intention of fleshing it out into a map), but I think I'd love to do more of these!

UHsQGKHl.png

0swj0Bgl.png

PYt5XVJl.png

nDsteX0l.png

WKv41VMl.png

reUZambh.png

Your command of the UDMF Feature set is superb. the final screenshot made some stock textures almost unrecognizable

Edited by jazzmaster9

Made me chuckle. Unexpectedly launched up onto the exit pad almost immediately by a friendly Arch Vile. Very quickly went from "NOOOOO!" to "Hmm. I'll take it."
20220830121242_1.jpg.d3428458a22dda084de5ca071d7cd11e.jpg

Can't unsee that creepy face on the switch poking its tongue out at me.

20220904012300_1.jpg.ced92229dfac84e1da2aa9df5b926c3c.jpg

Haven't used DoomBuilder in UDMF in years, and upon loading up an old project, I discovered that sound things now have sound radius circles, which is pretty cool. Lots of new ambient sounds added to this levelset, so yeah...

Geometric patterns go brrr...

666771249_Screenshot2022-09-06220510.png.adaffeba8f828851b69cddb848155947.png

Edited by Kyka