Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

11 hours ago, Devalaous said:

I'll admit, porting END1 was a guilty pleasure of my own :p

end_snd.wad included or not included?? The true test.

Thanks again for being a fan!

4 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

end_snd.wad included or not included?? The true test.

Thanks again for being a fan!

Two versions, one with the sounds, one without :p I also added WILV and M_EPI graphics to the wad and added a D_INTRO by duplicating the D_INTROA entry, so its got a bit more presentation going on now. The thread is updated with a link to the wad in the first post now if you'd like to take a look.

And yeah, I guess you can consider it a small way of saying thanks for END1 and END2 as well as NEIS being great memorable wads. I'm trash at making levels, but I can do stuff like this at least to help others out :D

Edited by Devalaous

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Porting these lost bonus maps from Death Tormention II to the complete trilogy has taught me that ONLY ZMAPINFO seems to have the ability to force pistol starts on a map by map basis. For every other port, I had to set up an episode with one single map in it, only in ZDoom/GZDoom can I set up a 3 map episode that wipes inventory with each map. Crazy.

Of course, someone far more experienced than me will likely prove me wrong in a few posts, but im going by whats on the documentation for each xINFO standard :p

16 hours ago, anotak said:

(pictured levels by Crash and AgentJR)

I don't know what's more intriguing, the fact that you've returned with a mysterious new project or the fact that you're working on it as part of a mysterious team.

unknown.png

After putting it off for...well over a decade, ive finally finished the first part of Eternal Doom, and thus, ive also finally finished all of Sverre's works (And enjoyed every single one)

Shame 100% kills isn't possible without console use, there was two monsters stuck in odd places.

1 hour ago, Devalaous said:

7 hr 50 mins playtime for the first episode of ED

I admire your persistence :p

54 minutes ago, Firedust said:

I admire your persistence :p

Its actually 20 hours and 39 minutes if you count the 3 million deaths and reloads, according to Doom Launcher's tracked overall playtime. Hexen in its entirety, and Community Chest 1 with its 'take all day to beat' Map 29 and countless giant magnum opuses both took around a day in total by comparison.

This is EXACTLY why it took me so long to get past this map, everytime I look at Eternal Doom I know I'll lose a huge chunk of a day to ONE map xD

Edited by Devalaous

On 10/23/2022 at 7:39 AM, Devalaous said:

Porting these lost bonus maps from Death Tormention II to the complete trilogy has taught me that ONLY ZMAPINFO seems to have the ability to force pistol starts on a map by map basis.

Death exits intensify

22 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

Death exits intensify

>Me, surviving the 'death exit' in Drop Em after Dark Dome. Yeah, it should be scriptable in all standards, death exits are only really viable in vanilla sets as far as im concerned.

The Final Area of my WIP map is gonna be painful, so far 64 Afrits, 80 Cacos, 8 Cybers (not in screenshot) and a shit ton of cells, (also not in screenshot)

etrn38.png.dd3262ba7f827ffc6d6a0285721d419b.png

You're welcome