Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

5 hours ago, Cacodemon187 said:

screenshots

Impressive especially for a creature with no hands.

15 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

The lush greenery, the vibrant yellow/orange lighting and the radiant blue from that HUD really play nicely off of each other.

Here are some screenshots of things that I made

Spoiler

CC4 Goth Textures

woof0002.png.9b5e3213cfdda33779b608e791413ab2.png

Dumb Joke Map

woof0005.png.82b458d5e461431341cbb25f12747587.png

woof0006.png.55a834fc00a3fa5f6e1cd4a728415dae.png

woof0007.png.e8c79e702abd707a2eed61e0f48ee2ae.png

Just now, StalkerBlade said:

Volcanic tech base I should be finishing up soon. Haven't used vanilla only textures in a long time.

BN6Ftoh.png

La5MMJK.png

LQF6I8q.png

that looks insane. nothing too over the top yet still gorgeous... you struck a perfect balance of detail top work

That first pic reminds me of Prayer Warriors and I don't know if what's what I need in my life

41 minutes ago, Ed said:

It's been a while since I really sank my teeth into mapping. There are so many new GZDoom mapping features I'm finding out about, but transparent 3d floors are still not a thing. I've got a really nice work-flow keeping the .obj map export opened in Blender. If something is out of reach, I model something quick, export/import and drop it in. The volumetrics were modeled in a few minutes, with the shadows and light being a mix of spotlight, 3d floors limited to light only, and some sector lighting. Almost all of the textures have been upscaled, with normal/spec shaders, and some PBR and parallax here and there. I'm trying to go for big, chunky details instead of micro-detailing every little bit of the map. It takes too long, and larger areas with lots of room to move are better for gameplay.

Screenshot_Doom_20221218_122216.png.7f4a3a0b026c75e8a0c12d94b853713f.png

Incredible stuff, as always! It's always a pleasure to see something new you're working on.

19 hours ago, esselfortium said:

Incredible stuff, as always! It's always a pleasure to see something new you're working on.

Thanks, Essel! I actually forgot how zen mapping can be. Thinking up problems and how to solve them while creating something really presses that serotonin button. 

9 hours ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

@erkyp3rkyI love those blues, what palette is that?

thanks!!! im not so sure about the palette, but i do know that the light strips are from the wad "extra lights" and the blue ceiling lights are from cc4 tex i believe. and then the floor is just a default doom flat. sorry i couldnt tell you what palette it is