Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skronkidonk

BlueAge - NOW ON IDGAMES! Full Megawad

10 hours ago, BetelgeuseSupergiant said:

Played maps 01-05. Good megawad! Some maps looks like created by beginner mappers, but for some reason, i like it :D

Thanks for playing it!

That's actually how I made the wad

Map01 would be the first map I ever made, Map12 would be the 12th map. Etc.

Glad your enjoying it

1 hour ago, Skronkidonk said:

Thanks for playing it!

That's actually how I made the wad

Map01 would be the first map I ever made, Map12 would be the 12th map. Etc.

Glad your enjoying it

Dude, MAP01 is awesome for the first map!

Okay, I played up until map18 where I lost interest. 

Many times you are required to go back through the teleporter you just came out of. This is not very intuitive and many times I was left scratching my head wondering where to go. This is ultimately what killed my motivation.

There were some nicely detailed spots and some unique ideas. Bravo for completing an entire megawad.

Oh, and there are doors that will only open once fully closed. It's annoying to deal with.

Edited by Bryan T

6 hours ago, Bryan T said:

Okay, I played up until map18 where I lost interest. 

Many times you are required to go back through the teleporter you just came out of. This is not very intuitive and many times I was left scratching my head wondering where to go. This is ultimately what killed my motivation.

There were some nicely detailed spots and some unique ideas. Bravo for completing an entire megawad.

Oh, and there are doors that will only open once fully closed. It's annoying to deal with.

Understandable
Most of my beginning maps have cryptid bits which can turn some players away.
The doors are SR to prevent door fighting and so monsters don't open the doors. Thanks for playing my maps though! 

Google of all things randomly recommended this to me lol

It's a great wad! I havent beaten every map, but I really like a lot of them.

Maps 22, 27, and 29 are my favorites.

Difficulty is high on some maps but overall I'd say pretty balanced. I like challenge anyhow haha

FWIW in difficulties 1 and 2 you could probably go a little heavier on monsters, but maybe lesser types.

Like instead of getting rid of a turret Cyber, make it a Rev or Manc.

Quick note! On map 4 when you walk into the big mess hall area (yellow key door iirc) the room on the right has a computer in it.

If you drop down onto the computer from the upper walkway you get stuck and cannot get off of it lol

Here, I'll include a pic (god mode just so I could run to it and show you lol)

Screenshot_Doom_20220201_145622.png

Hello,

we're going to play part 1 of the wad for Thursday Night Survival today. Probably going to split our playthrough into 3 parts and so only play MAP01-12 today but we'll see.
The session starts 5 hours from the time of this reply and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

In map 5, the floor doesn't rise in sector 513 in the final area, making 100% kills impossible.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:00 AM, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Hello,

we're going to play part 1 of the wad for Thursday Night Survival today. Probably going to split our playthrough into 3 parts and so only play MAP01-12 today but we'll see.
The session starts 5 hours from the time of this reply and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

Not sure if its too late by now. But when I get home today, I'll update the wad to where every map has a deathmatch and co-op spawns.

The version you all have ends at map 07 I believe. But I worked on it yesterday and will finish it today to where all maps can be enjoyed in multiplayer.

6 hours ago, Firedust said:

In map 5, the floor doesn't rise in sector 513 in the final area, making 100% kills impossible.

I'm not sure why that's happening.

I've never seen this problem occur.

I'll check it out when I get home.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, Skronkidonk said:

Not sure if its too late by now. But when I get home today, I'll update the wad to where every map has a deathmatch and co-op spawns.

The version you all have ends at map 07 I believe. But I worked on it yesterday and will finish it today to where all maps can be enjoyed in multiplayer.

Thanks, missing coop starts are actually not an issue for ZDaemon but it will be great to have them for demo-compatible source ports.
Here are some reports for mostly multiplayer stuff. Vast majority of these are from @boom_compatible so big thanks to him! So far we played only up to MAP13 on TNS so more might be coming in the next few weeks once we play part 2 and part 3 of the wad.

MAP01
    - a health bonus (thing 4) starts floating after line 379 is crossed
MAP02
    - crossing line 2653 closes red key area with sector 346 and players in the previous area can't progress
    - there's a nodebuilder error in sector 100 near a shotgunner (thing 14) so it's possible for both the players and the monsters to fall down there and get stuck
MAP04
    - crossing line 1282 closes access to sector 247 lowering bars with tag 9 and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP05
    - crossing line 2442 closes doors with tag 22 (final area) and players in the previous area can't progress
    - line 1565 is impassable and you will get stuck if you jump from sector 316 to sector 310
    - misalignment on line 53
MAP06
    - you will get stuck if you fall behind a tree (thing 38) at the start
MAP09
    - crossing line 443 blocks off a part of the map with sector 115 if players die there before raising the sector again
    - HOM on the tag 29 bars after they're closed. Visible in multiplayer.
    - There's this strangely placed S1 exit linedef (line 1246) that even has a tag. Probably left in by accident?
MAP10
    - line 83 closes the start area with sector 35 and then the players at the start can't progress
MAP12
    - it's possible to get stuck behind sectors 45 and 96, could be solved by making lines 465 and 478 impassable
    - there's this weird lighting error with the darker lighting "leaking" into neighboring sectors
    - misalignment on line 668
MAP13
    - Not sure if there's a good way to work around this but the lowering wall is quite slow in online multiplayer with a large number of players since the monsters can be killed much faster than in singleplayer. It's also a bit confusing to figure out how to get out of the area with the teleporters flipped "the other way".
MAP16
    - I don't think I understand the purpose of the W1 teleporter (line 4062) in the BFG area. It's too hidden to the player and if it's meant to be used by a monster it would be good to make it monster-only.
MAP17
    - crossing line 4746 closes access to sector 978 and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP19
    - crossing line 327 closes access to the east area and players at the start can't progress
MAP22
    - crossing line 1927 closes the crushers area and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP22
    - crossing line 2321 closes blue door and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP23
    - crossing line 4231 closes mastermind area and player in the previous area can't progress
MAP24
    - The pillar (sector 396) to the blue key can only be raised once so the blue key can become inaccessible (I guess the idea with the 3 G1 lines is to give the player 3 chances but they all just activate on the first shot). It's also quite slow to get the key this way for multiple players so would be nice to have some workaround for multiplayer (e.g. a tele opening once the first player gets the key). Texture on the linedef (line 2145) with the switch alcove is also slightly misaligned.
MAP25
    - crossing line 3107 closes blue card area and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP28
    - I believe the W1 tele (line 8648) makes it possible for only one player to progress in the map so would be good to make it WR for multiplayer

On 2/4/2022 at 4:30 PM, Skronkidonk said:

I'm not sure why that's happening.

I've never seen this problem occur.

I'll check it out when I get home.

Possibly just a skipped line? Could add more lines with the same action to be safe.

Edit:

I checked the coop starts in the new version:

- MAP19 and MAP20 are still missing them

- MAP23 has two player 2 starts and no player 4 starts

- MAP29 has two player 2 starts and no player 3 starts

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer

5 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Thanks, missing coop starts are actually not an issue for ZDaemon but it will be great to have them for demo-compatible source ports.
Here are some reports for mostly multiplayer stuff. Vast majority of these are from @boom_compatible so big thanks to him! So far we played only up to MAP13 on TNS so more might be coming in the next few weeks once we play part 2 and part 3 of the wad.

MAP01
    - a health bonus (thing 4) starts floating after line 379 is crossed
MAP02
    - crossing line 2653 closes red key area with sector 346 and players in the previous area can't progress
    - there's a nodebuilder error in sector 100 near a shotgunner (thing 14) so it's possible for both the players and the monsters to fall down there and get stuck
MAP04
    - crossing line 1282 closes access to sector 247 lowering bars with tag 9 and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP05
    - crossing line 2442 closes doors with tag 22 (final area) and players in the previous area can't progress
    - line 1565 is impassable and you will get stuck if you jump from sector 316 to sector 310
    - misalignment on line 53
MAP06
    - you will get stuck if you fall behind a tree (thing 38) at the start
MAP09
    - crossing line 443 blocks off a part of the map with sector 115 if players die there before raising the sector again
    - HOM on the tag 29 bars after they're closed. Visible in multiplayer.
    - There's this strangely placed S1 exit linedef (line 1246) that even has a tag. Probably left in by accident?
MAP10
    - line 83 closes the start area with sector 35 and then the players at the start can't progress
MAP12
    - it's possible to get stuck behind sectors 45 and 96, could be solved by making lines 465 and 478 impassable
    - there's this weird lighting error with the darker lighting "leaking" into neighboring sectors
    - misalignment on line 668
MAP13
    - Not sure if there's a good way to work around this but the lowering wall is quite slow in online multiplayer with a large number of players since the monsters can be killed much faster than in singleplayer. It's also a bit confusing to figure out how to get out of the area with the teleporters flipped "the other way".
MAP16
    - I don't think I understand the purpose of the W1 teleporter (line 4062) in the BFG area. It's too hidden to the player and if it's meant to be used by a monster it would be good to make it monster-only.
MAP17
    - crossing line 4746 closes access to sector 978 and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP19
    - crossing line 327 closes access to the east area and players at the start can't progress
MAP22
    - crossing line 1927 closes the crushers area and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP22
    - crossing line 2321 closes blue door and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP23
    - crossing line 4231 closes mastermind area and player in the previous area can't progress
MAP24
    - The pillar (sector 396) to the blue key can only be raised once so the blue key can become inaccessible (I guess the idea with the 3 G1 lines is to give the player 3 chances but they all just activate on the first shot). It's also quite slow to get the key this way for multiple players so would be nice to have some workaround for multiplayer (e.g. a tele opening once the first player gets the key). Texture on the linedef (line 2145) with the switch alcove is also slightly misaligned.
MAP25
    - crossing line 3107 closes blue card area and players in the previous area can't progress
MAP28
    - I believe the W1 tele (line 8648) makes it possible for only one player to progress in the map so would be good to make it WR for multiplayer

Possibly just a skipped line? Could add more lines with the same action to be safe.

Edit:

I checked the coop starts in the new version:

- MAP19 and MAP20 are still missing them

- MAP23 has two player 2 starts and no player 4 starts

- MAP29 has two player 2 starts and no player 3 starts

Thank you for letting me know about these!
I'm really bad at CO-OP and Deathmatch stuff so this really helps out.
I'll be fixing these later tonight.

Wow, pretty solid work, although I found some problems while I played in GZdoom 4.7.1, see below. I played regularly up to MAP26, then it became way too slaughtery for my tastes, so I finished the rest with god mode.

MAP04: I've run into repeated severe ammo shortages in the main fights. That's in sharp contrast with previous maps, where ammo was almost non-issue. I tried to employ infighting, but it was too late and I had to use cheats. Berserk or chainsaw near start would help here.

MAP05: secret sector 305 is too narrow and cannot be "found" reliably. Also, the obligatory EXIT sign is missing.

MAP06: player can become stuck behind tree thing 38. Missing EXIT sign.

MAP08: it's quite hard to pick up health bonuses in the archvile room (sector 204).

MAP09: Missing EXIT sign.

MAP10: cyber + 5 archviles ambush with no cover and no BFG? Really?

MAP13: Missing EXIT sign.

MAP14: Missing EXIT sign.

MAP16: Hellknight 535 is stuck. Other monsters can easily become stuck around that area, too.

MAP17: Not sure if it's intended, but it's possible to jump from sector 271 onto sector 407 that leads to exit. Well, I found no other way to reach the exit, anyway. Also, there is no way to get the blue armor in nearby alcove?

MAP19: Monster closets for the plus-shaped room (with blue key teleporter) are poorly designed and some monsters take very long to teleport out. Missing EXIT sign.

MAP25: the cyberdemon that teleported into the blue key room immediately became stuck.

MAP29: switch at linedef 11374 can be pressed without opening the covering door in front of it.

MAP32: I think there is a problem in red key arena. There is only one linedef (tag 46) that lowers the exit teleporter, but IMO it should be all 4. In any case, I had to use an editor to find how to get out of that arena. It seems linedefs 1753 etc. shouldn't be tagged 47. Monster closets sectors 661 etc. are poorly designed and some monsters take too long to teleport out.

Up to map 24 so far, megawad feels like AV's long-lost blue-skinned brother. Starts off fairly easy but then gets progressively harder (and better!). Am interested to see how the last stretch of maps will play out.

Been playing this wad for the past week or so and on Map 27. Fantastic mapset, this is the no-frills brutality-filled kinda gameplay that I love.

Have you put anything else out? I'd love to play more of your stuff :)

9 hours ago, i suck at nicknames said:

Been playing this wad for the past week or so and on Map 27. Fantastic mapset, this is the no-frills brutality-filled kinda gameplay that I love.

Have you put anything else out? I'd love to play more of your stuff :)

Thank you for your kind words, and playing the wad!
I have a handful of maps out that you can play

I made three maps in this megawad called Vigor that me and the SQ3 Team made.
(Map07, Map13, Map20) 

I made two maps for a small mapset called Squonker3 that me and the SQ3 team made
(Map04, Map06) 

I made one map for another mapset called Moonlit district that me and SQ3 team made
(Map03)

And lastly I made one map for a mapset called Mayan Reynolds that me and SQ3 team made
(Map03)

And I'm about to release a challenge map soon probably tomorrow that you can play.
Be expecting more from me and the SQ3 squad!

Finally, here is the promised follow-up after finishing the wad on TNS. Sorry for the ultimately huge list but most of these should be pretty quick and easy to fix:

MAP14
    - some misalignments (lines 354 and 360) behind the revenants at the start
    - a health bonus (thing 263) seems to be in the wall unlike the other 3 health bonuses in the same sector
MAP16
    - it's possible to get stuck between lines 2043 and 2057
    - It's a bit confusing that you can't shoot through the window near the start (sectors 159, 160 and 221). Several players during the TNS session tried shooting through it for an extended period of time before realizing it's not possible.
    - The stairs inside sector 241 leading to the teleporter can be hard to notice once the health bonuses there are taken. This turned out to be a point of confusion during TNS.
MAP17
    - sector 234 blocks progression in multiplayer
    - the teleporter at the start is invisible which results in the players being reluctant to jump off the bridge and thus effectively being stuck
    - the yellow tint after picking up the 50 armor bonuses at the start stays on for annoyingly long
    - seems like these shells (thing 181) can start floating at some point
MAP21
    - armor bonuses (things 152-159) in the ground can't be picked up
    - seems like there are lots of small misalignments on all 3 walls surrounding sector 586
MAP22
    - bars lowered by line 1927 block progression in multiplayer
    - the blue door is S1 and closes after line 2321 is crossed so it can block progression in multiplayer
    - the archvile at the start could blast you out of the map near the blue key (into sector 463) if it's somehow still alive when you get that far (which could happen in a speedrun)
    - the hell knights at the start are a bit annoying for UV Max since you essentially have to kill them one by one, maybe lower the pillars later in the map, e.g. after taking the blue key
    - some misalignments (1, 2) in the big room before the exit room
MAP23:
    - can get blasted by an archvile into sectors 411 and 414 and get stuck
    - can get blasted by an archvile into sector 552 and get stuck
MAP24:
    - there are several places where it's possible to get stuck in the large room with the bfg if you walk on the ledge (sector 415-419) and fall off in the wrong place
    - also possible to get stuck in the same room between lines 3053 and 3410
MAP25:
    - bars lowered by line 3107 block progression in multiplayer
MAP27:
    - in multiplayer a player that reaches the exit doesn't necessarily have the rocket launcher so they're then stuck
    - Seems like the entire map is hidden on the automap. Not sure if that's meant to serve some purpose but I think in singleplayer it's just going to be dealt with IDDT so it just remains an annoyance for multiplayer
MAP28:
    - sector 2942 blocks progression in multiplayer
MAP29:
    - unraised bridge (sector 5616) is not damaging so you will get stuck if you fall down there
    - the exit area is a bit confusing - I think most people are going to assume that the pad with water texture is the exit but it's actually a teleporter that takes you quite far back in the map
    - same issue with the entire map hidden on the automap as with MAP27
MAP30:
    - bars raised by line 2918 block progression in multiplayer
MAP32
    - it's possible to fall into sector 29 and thus get stuck

Thanks goes to boom_compatible for discovering some of these issues (and creating coop fixes for them for the TNS sessions).

On 3/4/2022 at 6:42 AM, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Finally, here is the promised follow-up after finishing the wad on TNS. Sorry for the ultimately huge list but most of these should be pretty quick and easy to fix:

MAP14
    - some misalignments (lines 354 and 360) behind the revenants at the start
    - a health bonus (thing 263) seems to be in the wall unlike the other 3 health bonuses in the same sector
MAP16
    - it's possible to get stuck between lines 2043 and 2057
    - It's a bit confusing that you can't shoot through the window near the start (sectors 159, 160 and 221). Several players during the TNS session tried shooting through it for an extended period of time before realizing it's not possible.
    - The stairs inside sector 241 leading to the teleporter can be hard to notice once the health bonuses there are taken. This turned out to be a point of confusion during TNS.
MAP17
    - sector 234 blocks progression in multiplayer
    - the teleporter at the start is invisible which results in the players being reluctant to jump off the bridge and thus effectively being stuck
    - the yellow tint after picking up the 50 armor bonuses at the start stays on for annoyingly long
    - seems like these shells (thing 181) can start floating at some point
MAP21
    - armor bonuses (things 152-159) in the ground can't be picked up
    - seems like there are lots of small misalignments on all 3 walls surrounding sector 586
MAP22
    - bars lowered by line 1927 block progression in multiplayer
    - the blue door is S1 and closes after line 2321 is crossed so it can block progression in multiplayer
    - the archvile at the start could blast you out of the map near the blue key (into sector 463) if it's somehow still alive when you get that far (which could happen in a speedrun)
    - the hell knights at the start are a bit annoying for UV Max since you essentially have to kill them one by one, maybe lower the pillars later in the map, e.g. after taking the blue key
    - some misalignments (1, 2) in the big room before the exit room
MAP23:
    - can get blasted by an archvile into sectors 411 and 414 and get stuck
    - can get blasted by an archvile into sector 552 and get stuck
MAP24:
    - there are several places where it's possible to get stuck in the large room with the bfg if you walk on the ledge (sector 415-419) and fall off in the wrong place
    - also possible to get stuck in the same room between lines 3053 and 3410
MAP25:
    - bars lowered by line 3107 block progression in multiplayer
MAP27:
    - in multiplayer a player that reaches the exit doesn't necessarily have the rocket launcher so they're then stuck
    - Seems like the entire map is hidden on the automap. Not sure if that's meant to serve some purpose but I think in singleplayer it's just going to be dealt with IDDT so it just remains an annoyance for multiplayer
MAP28:
    - sector 2942 blocks progression in multiplayer
MAP29:
    - unraised bridge (sector 5616) is not damaging so you will get stuck if you fall down there
    - the exit area is a bit confusing - I think most people are going to assume that the pad with water texture is the exit but it's actually a teleporter that takes you quite far back in the map
    - same issue with the entire map hidden on the automap as with MAP27
MAP30:
    - bars raised by line 2918 block progression in multiplayer
MAP32
    - it's possible to fall into sector 29 and thus get stuck

Thanks goes to boom_compatible for discovering some of these issues (and creating coop fixes for them for the TNS sessions).

Once again thank you all for letting me know what's wrong with the maps. It was amazing help since I didn't do much Co-op play testing. Enjoy

Woah can't believe I missed this gem! Heh, pretty good for a rookie...

Spoiler

Glad you finally got this on idgames

Edited by Egg Boy

In dsda-doom and PrBoom+ I get the following errors trying to load this:

R_InitTextures: Missing patch 492 in texture SLIME_16
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 493 in texture DROCK17
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 494 in texture DROCK13
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 495 in texture DROCK01
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 496 in texture DROCK14
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 497 in texture DROCK19

Woof! loads the wad but outputs the same messages.

1 hour ago, Shepardus said:

In dsda-doom and PrBoom+ I get the following errors trying to load this:

R_InitTextures: Missing patch 493 in texture DROCK17
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 494 in texture DROCK13
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 495 in texture DROCK01
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 496 in texture DROCK14
R_InitTextures: Missing patch 497 in texture DROCK19

Woof! loads the wad but outputs the same messages.

Thank you for letting me know
I somehow uploaded an older version.
This thread now has the fixed version

Hopefully Idgames will have the fixed one soon.