Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skronkidonk

BlueAge - NOW ON IDGAMES! Full Megawad

Looks really interesting! I'll check it out when I get a chance

If the compatibility is Doom 2 1.9, does that mean they're limit-removing or Boom-compatible? I just want to make sure I don't set the wrong compatibility mode when I play them.

6 minutes ago, E.M. said:

If the compatibility is Doom 2 1.9, does that mean they're limit-removing or Boom-compatible? I just want to make sure I don't set the wrong compatibility mode when I play them.

Forgot to mention that. It's Limit removing =)

12 minutes ago, eharper256 said:

Here's me checking out the first map in Walpurgis:

Pretty fun little opener, and I quite like the asthetic so far.

This was really fun to watch!

The mod really changes the gameplay up a bit which is a nice change of pace.

=) thank you

On map 2, there's a HOM in red key room by the first chaingunner pillar on the left.

This looks great, one thing though, when you're making sectors that look like walls within a sector that aren't intended to have linedef actions make sure to delete them 1st 

58 minutes ago, Firedust said:

On map 2, there's a HOM in red key room by the first chaingunner pillar on the left.

Can you send a screenshot so I can see this?

Is a tracklist included in the WAD? I am unable to use SLADE on this computer. If not, can you provide us with a tracklist?

12 hours ago, OpenRift said:

@DCG Retrowave you did not tell me of this!! Is this Doom2-plus-compatible or is it more demanding?

I should clarify that I was only responsible for MAP26, the status bar, and some bug fixing.  The original post does make it sound like I worked on much more than that :O

My map is compatible with DOOM2P, but several of Skronk's maps aren't due to large blockmaps.  You could play it in a port like MBF with vanilla compatibility for DOS gaming though :D

In MAP01 (playing with Freedoom, btw), I cannot return to the area beyond the fence; the door appears to be stuck and as you can see, the texture looks like that when I try to revisit the area.

Door stuck.jpg

Edited by Rudolph

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

In MAP01 (playing with Freedoom, btw), I cannot return to the area beyond the fence; the door appears to be stuck and as you can see, the texture looks like that when I try to revisit the area.

Door stuck.jpg

I'm not sure why this happens
Does Freedoom change how the game works cause if so this may be the reason behind it.
I've never really played Freedoom so I'm not sure how it works.

Also by tracklist do you mean a list of the maps?

56 minutes ago, Skronkidonk said:

Also by tracklist do you mean a list of the maps?

No, the list of music tracks used in the mapset.

Holy shit, this is well unexpected. It's always good to see a megawad release and I'm guessing after 1.5 years you guys feel the same. I'll give it a jam and let you know what I think.

Here's just running commentary/notes as I play:

Spoiler

map01: Nice opening shot. Classic tech base map01 style of level but with surprisingly beefier enemies (the red key chaingunners fucked me up/killed me...). I like the extra long door when going outside lol. I like the barracks ambush, very doomcute. Barracks ambush just killed me because I didn't have a chaingun lol Two deaths on map01!! What a fuckin noob, and to think, I just made a thread "what wads to record to show off how doom pro i am" what a fuckin buffoon lmao I think the balancing could be a bit better. I would replace some of the shotgunners with imps, namely in the berserk ambush. Giving berserk and then sending hitscanners in means that you can't use the berserk without losing a lot of health :(

Edited by xvertigox

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

No, the list of music tracks used in the mapset.

BlueAge.zip is updated and the text document now comes with a tracklist.

Just streamed the first 5 maps on my youtube channel and really enjoyed them. I will likely stream the entire wad over the next few weeks.

This was my first stream so there are a few minor audio issues sorry about that.

This was recorded using the first release of the wad so there are a few bugs that may not be present in current releases. Future streams will be recorded using whichever is the most current release at the time of the stream.

1 hour ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

Just streamed the first 5 maps on my youtube channel and really enjoyed them. I will likely stream the entire wad over the next few weeks.

This was my first stream so there are a few minor audio issues sorry about that.

This was recorded using the first release of the wad so there are a few bugs that may not be present in current releases. Future streams will be recorded using whichever is the most current release at the time of the stream.

I enjoyed watching this!

I love watching people play my maps and see how they handle the game play.

Please keep playing more if you would like. The wad gets much much better after I would say MAP07

great wad, added some maps to my demo list 😎 i assume it's complevel 2?

11 hours ago, DOEL said:

great wad, added some maps to my demo list 😎 i assume it's complevel 2?

Yes it is!

Thank you very much