Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Who sees the similaries between E1M1 and Q3DM11?

Paul Jaquays:
This large map was built for Quake III: Arena. Although the layout didn’t survive into the final form, this map was laid out using the floor plan of E1M1 from Doom 2. Several areas of the map had hazards and traps … including a grenade trap triggered by grabbing a powerful power-up, a pit of deadly mist surrounding a bounce-pad to another power-up, and deadly green slime near the most powerful weapon and armor in the map.

http://paul.jaquays.com/deva.htm

Despite that he made a typo about where E1M1 came from, can anyone see the similaries in Q3DM11 inherited from E1M1? o_O

Or possibly quake.....I can't see any similarities between that and either of the first levels of doom 1 & 2.....however quake did have some acid in the first level, so maybe that's it? I dunno...

That room has the same basic shape as the nukage room in E1M1, but the detailing in it is completely different.

NiGHTMARE said:

That room has the same basic shape as the nukage room in E1M1, but the detailing in it is completely different.

Ha, okay I see it now. Thanks for pointing that out. I completely forgot the nukage room. stupid me.