Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

[CP] DIY - Get imaginative with bold colors and MBF21 [WIP - Compiling]

Just now, MFG38 said:

Same way you add a MIDI to any other map - open .wad in SLADE or a similar tool, import MIDI into it, rename accordingly, save.

but as what? do I need mapinfo? I cant be sure it will be map 01

3 minutes ago, CBM said:

but as what? do I need mapinfo? I cant be sure it will be map 01

For usual way rename it to D_RUNNIN. For mbf21 use some UMAPINFO magic like this

MAP MAP01
{
   levelname = "..."
   skytexture =  "..."
   music = "..."
   partime = ...
}

1 minute ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

For usual way rename it to D_RUNNIN. For mbf21 some UMAPINFO magic like this

MAP MAP01
{
   levelname = "..."
   skytexture =  "..."
   music = "..."
   partime = ...
}

I guess the OP will make sure it works as intended if I just use map slot 01 and rename it D_RUNNIN then, once he assembles the project

I'm thinking of making another house map. It wouldn't be an overkill, would it? Thinking a cabin surrounded by snow and a frozen lake. Perhaps something more original, like a cabin surrounded by snow and a volcano.

31 minutes ago, game said:

Might need a little tip so I might move on a bit with the red map: does anyone know how to write that UMAPINFO to disable infighting?

https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/blob/master/prboom2/doc/umapinfo.md

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/UMAPINFO

Usually you need to use DEHACKED lump for that. And there is one problem in CP if we are going to utilize such features like infighting or monster parameter tweaking: these parameters are applied for whole wad. So, for example, this could be solved like:

Spoiler

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 4 (Archvile)
Infighting group = 1

Thing 22 (Cyberdemon)
Infighting group = 1

Now archviles and cybers are in the same infighting group, so they doesn't infight each other. But, again, this is bad way, because this behavior is spreading for whole wad, not only your map. Right way is to create a new monster inheriting existing one. And then apply all needed modifications on it:

Spoiler

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 160 (Archvile)
ID # = 964
Initial frame = 241
Hit points = 700
First moving frame = 243
Alert sound = 48
Injury frame = 269
Pain chance = 10
Pain sound = 28
Far attack frame = 255
Death frame = 271
Death sound = 71
Speed = 15
Height = 3670016
Mass = 500
Action sound = 80
Bits = SHOOTABLE+COUNTKILL+SOLID
Infighting group = 1

Thing 170 (Cyberdemon)
ID # = 916
Initial frame = 674
Hit points = 500
First moving frame = 676
Alert sound = 44
Injury frame = 690
Pain chance = 20
Pain sound = 26
Far attack frame = 684
Death frame = 691
Death sound = 68
Speed = 16
Width = 2621440
Height = 7208960
Mass = 1000
Action sound = 77
Bits = SHOOTABLE+COUNTKILL+UNUSED1+SOLID
Infighting group = 1

All these parameters were generated by utility WhackEd4. Thing numbers are random > 139, thing ids > 800 are ok. After adding this lump into your wad, two new types of monsters will be added in your editor (in UDB they appear in category User-defined)

@game @CblBOPOTKA I've already submitted a dehacked patch to vert via PM and he wasn't interested (it added A_BossDeath to every monster so anyone interested could use the 'bossaction' feature in UMAPINFO; nothing gameplay changing) so I wouldn't rely on any such patch being accepted.

On that note game I think your mapper's block problem is probably related to wanting to force devil daggers gameplay into Doom, which clearly isn't working. Just drop some health and enemies into the arena, use timed conveyor belts to drop more stuff at various intervals, and be done with it. If you really want to make a DD mod you can make a 'director's cut' after DIY gets released, or if you're really invested you can withdraw from the CP in favour of a standalone map with as many new features as you want.

Oh and pretty sure the boss voice is just john romero's severed head's sight sound.

@Peccatum Mihzamiz tbh I'd just use teles to get some monsters behind the player but I'm very simpleminded. Maybe an archie surprise before you get into the cockpit (I'm thinking like 5 or 6, but give the player an invuln and heaps of ammo for some power fantasy type fun)? You're right though, this is more map-as-experience than anything else so combat changes aren't really necessary.

4 hours ago, game said:

Another question: what actually activates the boss voice like in level 30?

Monster spawner seeing or hearing you.

1 hour ago, lunchlunch said:

@CBM Regarding D_RUNNIN, the resource pack has a UMAPINFO that changes map01's music to D_DM2INT. You can delete this file or edit it to play D_RUNNIN so you can hear the music you picked. Speaking of which I deleted the UMAPINFO from v1.4 of the resource pack and that's what I recorded my FDA with, I have no idea if that will affect anything.

ok well I just renamed it D_RUNNIN but if I need to do something else then let me know, but for now, the map atleast has custom circus themed music

2 hours ago, lunchlunch said:

@SCF

Chromatose FDA

I recorded the FDA a few days ago but DNF. I played through the rest tonight. Amazing layout, beautiful geometry. The map plays just as good as it looks. Good ammo balance. Only complaints I have are about the secret fight. There's tons of cells but the vast majority of them are in places so dangerous (near the cybers/on the revenant platform) that they might as well be inaccessible, I couldn't grab them until everything was already dead. The corners with medikits could maybe use one more each. I think this needs a secret exit, even if it just takes you to the next map like a regular exit. Or maybe a new teleporter that teleports you back to the plasma gun room. It's lazy not to do it and potentially confusing for players. It took me a while to figure out that all the switch does is open up the teleport back to the main area, I did not expect backtracking to be the way forward so to speak. It might be a small thing, I only mention it because I think it's a hiccup in an otherwise masterfully crafted map.

Thanks for the feedback. The cells on the revenant platform in the secret fight were intended for cleanup. As you say, once you're able to get there safely, you've basically won the fight. I wanted to make sure there were plenty of cells available to kill the remaining enemies without having to shotgun cyberdemons, as well as letting you take a full stack of cells into the final fight. The more easily accessible cell packs should be enough to get through it, and I may even remove the ones near the cyberdemons to avoid this kind of confusion, since in testing I never really ended up using them.

About adding a secret exit, I feel like that might also be confusing, especially if the secret exit just leads to the same next map. The teleporter taking you back to the plasma gun room is an idea, but I'm not sure if it will be more or less clear than just taking you back to where you came from. I'll see about making it more clear that this is the intended route.

Will things be allowed to fall off the ledges? I have an idea but it will only works if I could scroll things off the ledge.

Showcasing the idea: Worlds most square snowman who throws SSG at you when hit.

doom82.png

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Map Name: Harvest Moon

Author: CblBOPOTKA

Build time: 2 weeks

Par time: 10 min

Difficulty settings: Yes

Coop: Yes

Deathmatch: No

Format: boom with common umapinfo

Testing: me and Dmitry Exhale

Tested With: DSDA doom, GZDoom

Midi: Blackfield - Some Day (tabbed by baptistoy)

Download: hm_20220124_1750_rc1.rar

Screens:

Spoiler

doom08.png.99f754921870281971b4ce76f6537cef.png

doom09.png.3ad79c7f25b1a3f305061e059572198c.png

doom10.png.80f894540df5d61625ac77616f3bf00f.png

doom11.png.2ecc64606f9ad8e74c838430ac79c466.png

Edited by CblBOPOTKA

Ok, I have just updated the OP with v1.5 which includes @dmdr's dehacked patch so BossAction works. I meant to have added this earlier with the skies but it's in now. There is also a sick new statusbar and face courtesy of @Spendoragon:

Spoiler

doom03.png

I have massively cleaned up the sprites for Imps and Pinkies. I will do a final pass over all the sprites before rc1 so don't fret if there are stray pixels on some frames, I'll clean em all manually.

@ViolentBeetle - Yeah true, that could be done. I should have done it at the start, it's a bit late now. I don't have any issues finding the textures as there are only two prefixes so they always show when filtering.

@CBM - For music just add the midi to the wad and define it via umapinfo. During compiling I will make sure all the tracks carry over. You don't need to rename the midis, call them whatever you want.

I've updated the OP with the new maps and I will look to playtest more of them this week. I'm particularly excited for @game's map, it looks wild.

@xvertigox lol dude wtf did you do to the skies? All my nice patches are gone from the PNAMES :'(

Here's a working version ==> DIY_resources_v1.5_dmdr.zip

(tagging @Spendoragon so you don't duplicate effort unnecessarily)

ALSO: Here's a BossAction sample level for people who are unfamiliar with that feature. In MAP07 but I added an episode select screen to make it easy to get to from the menu. Also includes some explanatory notes for the perplexed (in short you can have MAP07 type effects anywhere you want now).
clicky ==> bossdeath_actual_test-220125-2208.zip

Updated my map based on everyone's feedback. I still intend to make more cosmetic changes, but the gameplay should be done unless there's more comments.

Chromatose v2

Changes:

Spoiler

In the spiral staircase fight, the box of shells that was in the revenant closet has been moved to a more obvious location.

The final fight now has more health, in easier to reach locations.

Secret fight
- Removed the cells near the cyberdemons, added 2 extra cell pickups elsewhere
- Added a blue armor pickup, and more medikits
- Made the camping spot in the imp corridor less inviting
- Small change to the switches to make it more obvious that they open up the exit teleporter
- Exit now has a megasphere reward

@dmdr I've sent my files directly to vertigo for compiling the latest update this time so there shouldn't be any crossover. Once vertigo has given it his pass then I may look at it to fix anything that's still borken.

Fuck man, I don't know what I did in that last compile. I fucked up the patches somehow when combining @dmdr and @Spendoragon's updates -_-. I've edited the OP now to have dmdr's v1.5.

@MemeMind - Sure, I can remove you. If you change your mind or decide to play around with the map just let me know and I can re-add you.

Flower Garden v3. Added coop support.

- should be no softlocks on coop now

- spent an hour carefully placing a thousand or so extra stuff to kill, a bunch of megas and ton of ammo, I have no idea how to make good coop maps, but Dark Tartarus looked pretty fun in that regard :^)

- made with player respawns in mind. Item respawns aren't required, but maybe it'd be better to turn them on just in case you run out of megas or smth.

- coop is obviously not playtested at all, run through the map with -nomonsters to make sure triggers work but that's it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m67r2ynwn1e3rme/diy_inferno_v3.zip?dl=0

Updated version of the map. Added coop support

- Buffed up first fight

- Buffed up secret fight

- Nerfed platforming

Pririrutsenne v2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13PmndGOGVnBLFTlBLHT7aet1CXUinBjS/view?usp=sharing

You can't quite hide in the hallway now. Secrets were unchanged.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

1.png.1b40dd7825e116ffd62b22a40493dfc4.png

2.png.92215182c0a3ae510caf1bf60f6c8a48.png

3.png.37c0a96f23f55b157ebc3b9f17cd9f0d.png

If everything is working correctly this should be the last update

On 1/24/2022 at 12:18 PM, CblBOPOTKA said:

Map Name: Harvest Moon

Author: CblBOPOTKA

Build time: 2 weeks

Par time: 10 min

Difficulty settings: Yes

Coop: Yes

Deathmatch: No

Format: boom with common umapinfo

Testing: me and Dmitry Exhale

Tested With: DSDA doom, GZDoom

Midi: Blackfield - Some Day (tabbed by baptistoy)

Download: hm_20220124_1750_rc1.rar

Screens:

Reveal hidden contents

doom08.png.99f754921870281971b4ce76f6537cef.png

doom09.png.3ad79c7f25b1a3f305061e059572198c.png

doom10.png.80f894540df5d61625ac77616f3bf00f.png

doom11.png.2ecc64606f9ad8e74c838430ac79c466.png

Excellent mood, also thanks for getting that song stuck in my head for days XD

Chromatose v3

Added extra detail to some areas. No real gameplay changes, other than making the doorways at the start a bit wider so you don't get stuck on them.

This should be the last update unless there are problems that need fixing.