Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

[CP] DIY - Get imaginative with bold colors and MBF21 [WIP - Compiling]

On 5/22/2022 at 7:27 AM, SCF said:

MAP29: Not Very Cash Money by @Chookum

Good gimmick map. A lot of effort clearly went into the environment, and it looks great. The gameplay is mostly running around, but it's fine. If it were harder, then all the visual distractions would've started becoming a problem.

Thanks kindly.

While I did state my intent to go "all out with visuals" I realised it might get _too_ busy, and some visual rest areas of void were necessary.

Compilation v2 - download. Breaking changes beta!

changes:

Spoiler

- Removed map26 by Maribo request

- Updated map24 by El Inferno

- Updated map17 by Gothic Box

- Updated map19 by CBM

- Updated map12 by game

- Updated map15 by Vortale

- Updated map02 by MFG38

- Umapinfo cleanup

Maps order was altered according mainly to SCF analysis.

To track your map number follow this table.

@Nefelibeta's map is broken on slot 30 in beta_2 because of monsters telefraging each other. It seems like umapinfo cannot disable that behavior. My map (map32 in beta_2) has no teleporting monsters so one solution would be to swap map30 and map32.

1 minute ago, El Inferno said:

@Nefelibeta's map is broken on slot 30 in beta_2 because of monsters telefraging each other. It seems like umapinfo cannot disable that behavior. My map (map32 in beta_2) has no teleporting monsters so one solution would be to swap map30 and map32.

Imagine map30 being a platforming map, man...

Just now, Nefelibeta said:

Imagine map30 being a platforming map, man...

In my defense, that map does have a romero head in it :-)

5 hours ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

Compilation v2 - download. Breaking changes beta!

changes:

Hide contents

- Removed map26 by Maribo request

- Updated map24 by El Inferno

- Updated map17 by Gothic Box

- Updated map19 by CBM

- Updated map12 by game

- Updated map15 by Vortale

- Updated map02 by MFG38

- Umapinfo cleanup

Maps order was altered according mainly to SCF analysis.

To track your map number follow this table.

What's the situation with menu art and menu midis for this project?

doom894.png.d246d6d43f4b389640252dee8930f4c2.png

EDIT: I shortened the title because everyone else's is fitting in the automap screen. So use this name.

If there's any section for the remarks from mappers in the readme then I'll want to point out that the high-floating cacodemon swarm in my map is appropriate for vanilla accurate Doom ports with blocking monster height.

I deem the map fairly fun in its current state but I expect I'll make one more final patch (e.g. there shouldn't be monsters in room 3 when you enter it, missing texture in a tunnel) next Weekend or sooner if required.

Edited by Pixel Fiend

8 hours ago, El Inferno said:

Probably you playing on Boom compatibility? I have no such issues on MBF21.

UPD: just tested in GZDoom, reproduced the error

Edited by CblBOPOTKA

8 hours ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

Probably you playing on Boom compatibility?

I was using dsda with cl 9, yeah, cl 21 seems fine. But it might still be a problem if gzd doesn't work properly...

My map is supposed to follow right after meowgi's the ending and intros of each map syncs up, that was originally requested but might have gotten mixed up when project lead changed.

Recorded some videos

Map6 @Spendoragon

Spoiler

Not blind, figured I better scout the map a bit before banging my head to it. :D I think its fair enough. Final room it feels impossible to get BFG before you have already killed everything so it was useless for me.

map7 @dmdr

Spoiler

easy slaughtermap but fun

map8 @CblBOPOTKA

Spoiler

amazing map!

map9 @RastaManGames

Spoiler

those cars hnnng

Oops I did not notice there was updated version of the compilation. 

Anyway I played the former map10 (current map31) and liked it enough to start doing some demo attempts. uv-max:

priri-00019.zip demofile, thought its recorded with old compilation and assumes that the map is map10

@Master Medi

Compilation 2.1 - download

changes:

Spoiler

- Changed map18 and map19 order, so Colossus's map is right after Meowgi's one

- Fixed monster telefragging on map30 for GZDoom

- Shortened Pixel Fiend's map name

- Removed demo map69

Updated version of Panic at the Disco: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1goTC05ZYvzXrs2BJgcL8zpBd0JdaUjS9/view?usp=sharing

Changes:

Spoiler
  • Change the megasphere to a soulsphere on medium/hard
  • Lock the player in place so they don't walk into the disco floor before the light sequence finishes
  • Stagger the spawning of monsters in the disco to make the combat flow a bit better
  • Added revenants behind the switch walls in the disco on hard
  • Spawn archviles (two on hard, one on medium) in the middle of the disco after the revenant pillars raise 
  • Reopen the wall to the disco at the entrance for co-op, and on the platform to the exit to allow backtracking

The disco is still very much a circle strafe to win fight, but should be just a little more challenging on hard now. I'm aiming more for accessibility to most players and visual spectacle in the disco than challenging combat. I've also kept the combat in the city very light since it's meant to just be a prelude/build up to the disco section.

Updated version of Skarlet Daggers: SKARLET DAGGERS.rar

Changes:

Spoiler
  • Removed the shootable dummy player near the exit
  • Repaired the walls around the monster closets (the monsters had instantly spilled to the 3rd room)
  • Added monsters in the closets (ensures that the player has to shoot instead of just circle strafing until the end)
  • Made all walls invisible in automap

It looks like there's silence here, so i need to say. I am not project leader, but we cannot deny the obvious - this project need to be finished, sooner or later. And this will require the efforts of all participants. Below i will list the maps that need to be finalized:

MAP02 @CBM I think you need to mark room with 4 keens (near the start)   or even make its visiting mandatory (place a key that open access to another part of map). Also i can't make sense of underground labyrinth, maybe add teleporters somewhere?

MAP03 @Thelokk Can be passed without maxing. I recommend to move red key up to cybers. And also there's ammo lack (something like SSG or rocket launcher will be ok). I would even remove all invulns, there are already two megas, i think thats enough
MAP04 @YeOldeFellerNoob Full description of problems by vertigo here. Critical things: you can run through the entire map without engaging monsters (except probably last arena), there are 31 secrets, strange blocking lines, repetitive midi
MAP09 @DynamiteKaitorn Map is done, two minor fixes proposed by vertigo: improve 2-barons fight, hide ambush lines from automap here

MAP11 /vr/ It's not obvious that grey button lowers lift (there is no pressed state), other is good

MAP12 @RastaManGames One thing i have to notice: i experienced ammo starvation while playing this map

MAP13 @Philnemba "it's easy to accidentally step outside the boundary and get killed instantly"

Consider this maps accepted: 1, 5-8, 10, 14-20, other maps later
Noticed that wad ends after maps 6, 11, 20, will fix it in next compilation

Table with all data on maps and comments available at table

3 minutes ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

It looks like there's silence here, so i need to say. I am not project leader, but we cannot deny the obvious - this project need to be finished, sooner or later. And this will require the efforts of all participants. Below i will list the maps that need to be finalized:

MAP02 @CBM I think you need to mark room with 4 keens (near the start)   or even make its visiting mandatory (place a key that open access to another part of map). Also i can't make sense of underground labyrinth, maybe add teleporters somewhere?

MAP03 @Thelokk Can be passed without maxing. I recommend to move red key up to cybers. And also there's ammo lack (something like SSG or rocket launcher will be ok). I would even remove all invulns, there are already two megas, i think thats enough
MAP04 @YeOldeFellerNoob Full description of problems by vertigo here. Critical things: you can run through the entire map without engaging monsters (except probably last arena), there are 31 secrets, strange blocking lines, repetitive midi
MAP09 @DynamiteKaitorn Map is done, two minor fixes proposed by vertigo: improve 2-barons fight, hide ambush lines from automap here

MAP11 /vr/ It's not obvious that grey button lowers lift (there is no pressed state), other is good

MAP12 @RastaManGames One thing i have to notice: i experienced ammo starvation while playing this map

MAP13 @Philnemba "it's easy to accidentally step outside the boundary and get killed instantly"

Consider this maps accepted: 1, 5-8, 10, 14-20, other maps later
Noticed that wad ends after maps 6, 11, 20, will fix it in next compilation

Back in the day I actually had asked the project leader to remove my map from the project, not sure why it's still on the list. Can you take care of that? thanks. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, Pixel Fiend said:

@CBM Why can't I beat map02? Any hint? I spent too much time running around, even shot down all hanging Keens.

I'll check it out but the exit should open once all keens are dead

edit

I just played the latest version of my map v.1.7

when I shoot the last keen the exit opens... so you havent found them all... there is one at the exit, there are a some in seperate rooms opened by switches and there is a room near the start with 4 keens

I'm not sure if there is anything more I can do with the map

Edited by CBM

4 hours ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

I updated my map:

Spoiler

- Increase the size of the first ghost room & made more space in the outdoor section of the haunted house to make them more tolerable when navigating near the black death zones.

Phil_Boo_DIYCP_V2.zip

9 hours ago, CBM said:

I'm not sure if there is anything more I can do with the map

An interesting concept with that keens, it rarely found in maps. Primarily due to the fact that this behavior is difficult to control - all or nothing.

As i said above, i think it's pretty easy to miss that room with 4 keens. That's why i propose to put in it a key that opens other areas, so player more likely not miss any keen.

1 hour ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

An interesting concept with that keens, it rarely found in maps. Primarily due to the fact that this behavior is difficult to control - all or nothing.

As i said above, i think it's pretty easy to miss that room with 4 keens. That's why i propose to put in it a key that opens other areas, so player more likely not miss any keen.

interesting idea but I want to avoid keys in the map. However the player could begin in the room

MAP21 Expected something insane due to map title. But fights in it not extremely hard (medium-hard). Personally i think it's ok for this slot
MAP22 Excellent map, maxed it with pleasure
MAP23 @Gothic Box Agree with SCF to add some rockets for final fight
MAP25 @muumi Found that player can fall into that crack and then teleport into area without triggering corresponding linedef

Spoiler

doom65.png.e717d27299d9cb1020347193ab531803.pngfroggo1.png.1b69f3d6112e107114193a5fdc1f1562.png

MAP26 Claustrophobic map, i struggled it most. But it's good balanced, so don't see any issue here
MAP28 @Spendoragon vertigo & SCF noticed that ring fight is quite rough, i agree. I would prefer removing couple of PEs, they are real pain in the ass
MAP29 I have not experienced any difficulties. Final part is evil because of AVs seeing you from almost everywhere, but that's how it should be
MAP30 Found yellow key fight quite easy if the player takes care of HKs blocking exit of arena. Idk if it intentional or not

Not played yet map31, map32 and updated version of map27
Consider this maps accepted: 1, 5-8, 10, 14-20, 22, 26, 29-30 other maps later

Not sure what to do with ammo scarcity...

I mean... If I put something like two boxes of ammo and two boxes of shells in the main open area, will it be alright and not gonna break difficulty too hard?

38 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

Not sure what to do with ammo scarcity...

I mean... If I put something like two boxes of ammo and two boxes of shells in the main open area, will it be alright and not gonna break difficulty too hard?

While playing i couldn't figure out how to kill final cyber. Probably i missed plasmagun or something in one of the secrets. Idk can map be maxable. So answer is that: add so many ammo that player can max map.

14 hours ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

MAP23 @Gothic Box Agree with SCF to add some rockets for final fight

Just for clarification, did you play v3 or v2? Because I already added 25ish extra after SCF played v2 and suggested that

5 minutes ago, Gothic Box said:

Just for clarification, did you play v3 or v2? Because I already added 25ish extra after SCF played v2 and suggested that

Sorry, my bad, i have totally missed new islands with supplies in latest v3. Replayed it, there is no any ammo lack now

On 6/24/2022 at 11:42 PM, CblBOPOTKA said:

Probably i missed plasmagun or something in one of the secrets.

I mean, there is a viable weapon outside of secret area that is differs for each difficulty setting: Super Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and Plasmagun.

And there is also some additional ammo for singleplayer only in the starting area (backpack, box of ammo and box of shells)...

(File was removed to resolve some space on my DW account...)

Changes is:

• Added 1 additional car decoration for more cover along with 4 additional "pistol goons".
  • Added 3x4 shotgun shells to the toilet stalls.
  • Added 1 ammo clip to the stairs made of boxes.
  • Added 2 boxes of shells to the street.
  • Added 1 box of ammo to the street.

I guess that it needs more testing playthroughs after that...

Edited by RastaManGames

So, project went dormant again, no feedback or anything. Are we waiting for something or maybe is it time to do a release thread with a candidate in it?