Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[Release] Exquisite Amethyst - A void map for Fuzzball's birthday!

Glad to have worked on the sounds of the new weapon in addition to the code reference from InsanityDM! Especially sound design is what I pay good attention to when making weapons, so I hope the new weapon feels satisfying to use.

Damn fine stuff sir, I really liked the black/white key room bit especially, that was neat.

This looks right up my alley. Saw it on Bridgeburner's stream and fell in love. Can't wait to try this map out!

Incredible stuff as always, Jimmy! Or dare I say... Exquisite. The mixture of Doom/Heretic/Hexen stuff worked really well together and the colour palette is also neato on a burrito. The black/white skull fights were admittedly aggravating, but otherwise I had a great time with it. Another gem of a single map release.

Awesome stuff!

Looks lovely and the gameplay is great. Tight 30 minute Doom adventure.

The only thing I really disliked are the monsters guarding the teleporter. No real way to avoid damage, and I had to reload an earlier safe to progress.

I had fun! Good map with nice visuals. It might be a bug, when I entered the 1st portal where you get the Super Shotgun, right after going through the silent teleporter for the next room, I couldn't use my SSG whatever I tried, like it got lost or something. There is also the music that threw me off because my first reaction was thinking about a dance party but that's my fault lol. Other than that, great stuff!

@Alephany The problem with the SSG you experienced sounds like you had a mod loaded that replaces weapons. The weapon is given to you in this map via a script, so if a loaded mod replaces the SSG, it will override the player's weapon slots and not allow you to re-select the stock SSG after it's given to you. Even something like Smooth Doom has the ability to break here. I might have to slightly rethink how I do the SSG zombie decoration. Might be a ZScript thing?

@Biodegradable Thanks for playing! The bleeding projectile is down to Nashgore, yes - I believe it can be addressed for the proper release, though. Sorry the key fights had you effing and blinding so much. Thinking I might nerf that black key fight in particular.

@Pistoolkip Thanks for the video! I'm not sure what's going on with spawned enemies in the main area waking up prematurely and clogging the portal destination before you've even stepped back into it. I have a feeling sound propagation is getting messed up, possibly due to how I've got some line portals set up (there are a few line portals that spit out non-critical errors on map start and I haven't found a way to elegantly address them yet).

26 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

@Alephany The problem with the SSG you experienced sounds like you had a mod loaded that replaces weapons. The weapon is given to you in this map via a script, so if a loaded mod replaces the SSG, it will override the player's weapon slots and not allow you to re-select the stock SSG after it's given to you. Even something like Smooth Doom has the ability to break here. I might have to slightly rethink how I do the SSG zombie decoration. Might be a ZScript thing?

@Biodegradable Thanks for playing! The bleeding projectile is down to Nashgore, yes - I believe it can be addressed for the proper release, though. Sorry the key fights had you effing and blinding so much. Thinking I might nerf that black key fight in particular.

@Pistoolkip Thanks for the video! I'm not sure what's going on with spawned enemies in the main area waking up prematurely and clogging the portal destination before you've even stepped back into it. I have a feeling sound propagation is getting messed up, possibly due to how I've got some line portals set up (there are a few line portals that spit out non-critical errors on map start and I haven't found a way to elegantly address them yet).

I had the same issue in both my playthroughs, so it's consistent 

The only thing I felt lacking in an homage to Void, is a few more mind-bending environments. The black/white key pedastals were good, but it would have been nice to see something as memorable as the upsidedown room or the shrinking location.

1 hour ago, Scuba Steve said:

The only thing I felt lacking in an homage to Void, is a few more mind-bending environments. The black/white key pedastals were good, but it would have been nice to see something as memorable as the upsidedown room or the shrinking location.

Yeah it would've been nice to do more high-concept stuff like that, but I think I struggle to come up with things like that. I'm better with plain arenas and organic layouts, I think?

21 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I had NeuralUpscale2x_Smooth Weapons so I think this was the problem.

really solid fun stuff!! the desaturated sectors made it a bit hard to see some projectiles (was blindsided by quite a few revballs), but it was such a lovely time it didn't fuss me too badly.

so so so so pretty!!! ^^ i loved, the gameplay is so smooth, it doesn't push me to my limits, but it's really fun to play, both in combat design and level progression! the looks are incredible too!

Pretty cool map overall, couldn't make it past the desaturated sectors though because the scrolling sky was making me nauseous, so maybe I'd change it up or make it scroll less fast. What I played before that point was nice though.