Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacofish

Help with Doom Builder

This Is a map I've built spent the past week on and for some reason the 3D mode in Doom Builder doesn't work no matter where I move, I've even tried building a sector on the outsides of the rest of the map and turning it up to full brightness, but that did nothing, 3D mode is still just black. Any Help?

Doom Builder help1.JPG

Doom Builder help2.JPG

Cave In!.rar

5 minutes ago, meowmeowrulez123 said:

It should work now, sorry for the inconvenience!

Cave In!.rar

No worries!

Go into editing mode and put a thing called "Visual Mode Camera" (you can put it anywhere on the map) 

and bum!

It should work

(btw, nice batman face you did!) 

Thanks a lot! It worked immediately. I always saw this in the editor and had no idea what it did

34 minutes ago, Synuś Vader said:

No worries!

Go into editing mode and put a thing called "Visual Mode Camera" (you can put it anywhere on the map) 

and bum!

It should work

(btw, nice batman face you did!) 

13 minutes ago, meowmeowrulez123 said:

Thanks a lot! It worked immediately. I always saw this in the editor and had no idea what it did

Also thanks on the compliment on the batman head, I just thought it would be a weird secret

Which version of Doombuilder are you using? Because anything from the last 4 years will automatically place the visual mode camera where your cursor is when you enter visual mode

if you use UDB the camera will be placed wherever your cursor is.

i learned this the hard way.

EDIT: I just realized this has basically been said already, darn.

24 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Which version of Doombuilder are you using? Because anything from the last 4 years will automatically place the visual mode camera where your cursor is when you enter visual mode

I don't really know, it's pretty old but I'm pretty sure it's post-2019.

3 minutes ago, meowmeowrulez123 said:

I don't really know, it's pretty old but I'm pretty sure it's post-2019.

Send a screenshot of the logo or something.

The 3D mode of Doom Builder will, by default, actaully be wherever your mouse cursor currently is within the level. So if your pointer is out in the void... it will be nothing but void.

To solve this, either move the cursor to valid level area before entering 3D mode, or if you placed a 3D Camera (as you have done), it will start there.

OP is using DB2 or DBX (you can tell from the crosshair). Synchronizing mouse position in 2D and the camera position in 3D was added as an option in GZDB, and I'm pretty sure that it's disabled by default.

It's possible to delete/ change the marker while editing by accident. Just place another if this happens to you :)

Nice Batman face btw lol

35 minutes ago, NoOne said:

It's possible to delete/ change the marker while editing by accident. Just place another if this happens to you :)

Nice Batman face btw lol

Thanks!