Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnusualBug

Any Well known Doom Sprite artist you recommend?

10 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Enemy sprites? Weapon sprites? How many sprites? What art style? What project? What's the timeline?

Without any info, nobody is going to be able to help.

Enemy sprites to be specific. I'm looking for doom sprites that can do cartoony look to it. Something like that wad that has that "COMIC" look to it. This one for example. You know anyone that is familiar with this? 

3 hours ago, Gothic Croc said:

Enemy sprites to be specific. I'm looking for doom sprites that can do cartoony look to it. Something like that wad that has that "COMIC" look to it.

@Scuba Steve is who drew the sprites in Action Doom 2 as far as I know, and he is still plenty active in the community to this day.

Whether or not you could come to terms with him on art is another story entirely, of course, especially given the workflow of how the art was done. (Specifically, it was drawn by hand on paper, scanned, then colored.)

Awesome! Are there any others you know off? Or not for now? I remember there was that wad that has that nes style where you play as a furry lady that is inspired by castlevania.

I'm sure there's a few others, but admittedly I don't know of names by hand.

My advice would be to look up WAD projects or new IWADs that had clearly new art done for them, and check the credits. Assuming they're not sprites ripped from elsewhere, usually you'll find an art credit or two.

Whether those people are here, or even active, is another story.

(I know I'm kind of going to be looking for a spriter sometime in the future for a project I'm working on myself.)

EDIT: This thread has quite a few. Not sure how I missed that, honestly.

Edited by Dark Pulse

1 hour ago, Dark Pulse said:

I'm sure there's a few others, but admittedly I don't know of names by hand.

My advice would be to look up WAD projects or new IWADs that had clearly new art done for them, and check the credits. Assuming they're not sprites ripped from elsewhere, usually you'll find an art credit or two.

Whether those people are here, or even active, is another story.

(I know I'm kind of going to be looking for a spriter sometime in the future for a project I'm working on myself.)

EDIT: This thread has quite a few. Not sure how I missed that, honestly.

Thank you, I'll be sure to check em out.