Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zzzornbringer

dark forces style levels in doom?

i recently watched a dark forces stream and i was pretty impressed by what they did with the technology but also in terms of leveldesign. it was more than just collecting keycards.

so, i got interested in maps/wads that are similar to that for doom. one wad that comes to mind, that i played already though, is maskim xul. it feels like a real place and it's got lots of puzzles and stuff. are there any other wads that expand on the doom formula, but still use all the original doom gameplay? basically dark forces leveldesign in doom. oh, and to not cause any misconceptions. i don't mean like a dark forces mod for doom. i'm just talking about the leveldesign.

You might want to check out Whispers of Satan. The first secret level is Star Wars themed, and a lot of the textures come from Dark Forces.

13 minutes ago, T-Rex said:

You might want to check out Whispers of Satan. The first secret level is Star Wars themed, and a lot of the textures come from Dark Forces.

I always wanted to create a Star Wars-like episode and MAP31 of WOS was an experimental map using those textures. Later came Doomed Space Wars with bigger and more advanced maps.