Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

(released) DooM the mercenaries Deluxe: a Resident Evil 4 experience in DooM

Hi, ok i am updating my old mod DooM the mercenaries, this time compatible with the lastest version of GZDooM, the mod also will include new addons, specialy new effect in the melee moves, here the trailer of the mod:

Download link:

https://www.moddb.com/company/doomero-entertainment/downloads/doom-the-mercenaries-deluxe

Alternative download link:

https://mega.nz/file/YxMxWCiZ#ANioFq78UMZIUcx7d7oUzZQTM6wp1yreKJ3LpzbZImo

I will release more updates in the future, so this only just begun! Compatibility: tested with gzdoom 4.7.1, works well, but this mod work with gzdoom 4.3 series or hight. Not compatible with zandronum for the moment, sorry. Use this mod only with vanilla doom wads like alien vendetta, plutonia 2, etc. I do not recomment try this with advanced zdoom mods like brutal doom, maybe could not run well. Maybe i din´t include someone in the credits list, if you notice something familiar and i do not give credits, please call me and i will fix it, is not my intention do not recognize the contribution to this mod. This mod is free and always will be. The installation instructions are included into the file, enjoy!

Edited by doomero-21

This looks amazing, and the taunt kills look satisfying as hell. Do you plan on adding the maps from Resident Evil 4 as well?

21 minutes ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

No link buddy :(

sorry still in progress, but i will post here the link when is done. And about the re4 maps, someone made the castle level of mercenaries.

Have you considered making the mode first-person and transitioning to third-person during executions/evasions? HUNK being to large on the screen looks to be really distracting.

another gameplay woth Krauser, with smooth sprites and more, enjoy!

The next char to show in the future will be Ada...

I am glad that "time trial" system was scraped down.
Old system with usual walkthrough was more nice as for me.
After updated release gonna delete two old versions of this mod, i guess.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:03 PM, Mr. Freeze said:

Have you considered making the mode first-person and transitioning to third-person during executions/evasions? HUNK being to large on the screen looks to be really distracting.

Have you ever played Resident Evil 4? The reason the sprites are the way they are is because it gives the illusion that it's third-person.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, mammajamma said:

Have you ever played Resident Evil 4? The reason the sprites are the way they are is because it gives the illusion that it's third-person.

Exactly, the camera view is first person, the char sprite represent the weapon.

Here another video, this time i enhanced the soccer kick and the dodge movement of Hunk