• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur

GOLDEN AXE DOOM! (DEMO)

Just now, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

not possible

pain but I might just get a copy of gzdoom cause im fond of sega genesis games

Okay I really like the idea but... I don't want to swear...

But why the FUCK did you disable strafing??? This is literally unplayable in the current version. This glitch happens to everyone who has Always Run on.

After like 20 seconds fix in Slade (decorate.player, for every player class defintion in value Player.SideMove change "0.75, 0" to "0.75, 1" ) this is actually really promising! Obviously really janky, but hey, it's a demo, it's to be expected. I think the combat is actually more fun than e.g. in Action Doom 2, another attempt at making a beatemup in Doom, so that's a really good start. And I think the levels look really nice and polished.

Problems I noticed:

• while playing as Tyris Flare, during some combo that I did accidentally she looked straight down. I don't know why it happened and it was really disorienting, this happened several times. I think this would be especially rough on people with motion sickness
  • in first level, if you fall down a bridge or down the well, there's no way to get out aside from noclip. Either there should be a way out, or it should kill the player.
  • in the second level, I couldn't find the switch to open the giant gate past the village. I noclipped past it, just to be met with second gate at temple entrance. Noclipped past it too, just to open a pathway to the bridge that seemed to lead nowhere aside from a dark pit. When I jumped into the pit, I was teleported out. Maybe I broke some triggers by noclipping earlier, idk.

Still - the graphics, the style, the combat and the premise are all really cool and I think this mod has a huge potential. I will definitely be looking forward to this one!

For the record - the issue with your code for strafing for Player.SideMove was that the second value is modifier for running speed. You set it to zero, so running while strafing stands still. This means that everyone like me who has Always Run on can't strafe at all unless they hold Shift to walk, which is probably a bad idea and feels awful. (And obviously you cannot expect people to change their game settings for one mod).

If you just don't want player to Always Run at all, simply set the running modifier to 0.5 for ForwardMove and SideMove for all classes, and that will simply disable running. So it'd look something like

Player.ForwardMove 0.75, 0.5
Player.SideMove 0.75, 0.5

Edited by Shino1

Right on dude, I think I've seen you hint at this project a couple times on here. 
Congrats on getting a demo out, gonna play it right now.

3 hours ago, Shino1 said:

Okay I really like the idea but... I don't want to swear...

But why the FUCK did you disable strafing??? This is literally unplayable in the current version. This glitch happens to everyone who has Always Run on.

After like 20 seconds fix in Slade (decorate.player, for every player class defintion in value Player.SideMove change "0.75, 0" to "0.75, 1" ) this is actually really promising! Obviously really janky, but hey, it's a demo, it's to be expected. I think the combat is actually more fun than e.g. in Action Doom 2, another attempt at making a beatemup in Doom, so that's a really good start. And I think the levels look really nice and polished.

Problems I noticed:

• while playing as Tyris Flare, during some combo that I did accidentally she looked straight down. I don't know why it happened and it was really disorienting, this happened several times. I think this would be especially rough on people with motion sickness
  • in first level, if you fall down a bridge or down the well, there's no way to get out aside from noclip. Either there should be a way out, or it should kill the player.
  • in the second level, I couldn't find the switch to open the giant gate past the village. I noclipped past it, just to be met with second gate at temple entrance. Noclipped past it too, just to open a pathway to the bridge that seemed to lead nowhere aside from a dark pit. When I jumped into the pit, I was teleported out. Maybe I broke some triggers by noclipping earlier, idk.

Still - the graphics, the style, the combat and the premise are all really cool and I think this mod has a huge potential. I will definitely be looking forward to this one!

For the record - the issue with your code for strafing for Player.SideMove was that the second value is modifier for running speed. You set it to zero, so running while strafing stands still. This means that everyone like me who has Always Run on can't strafe at all unless they hold Shift to walk, which is probably a bad idea and feels awful. (And obviously you cannot expect people to change their game settings for one mod).

If you just don't want player to Always Run at all, simply set the running modifier to 0.5 for ForwardMove and SideMove for all classes, and that will simply disable running. So it'd look something like

Player.ForwardMove 0.75, 0.5
Player.SideMove 0.75, 0.5

because you are supposed to have AUTO RUN OFF

it literally says in the READ ME and CONTROLS to have auto run off

and yes I know, it was done on purpose