Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

New Official Grabbag MIDIs Online!

New revisions (v1.1) of the official, full-length General MIDI and GS versions of Grabbag are now available for download! These revisions fix an issue spotted by a keen-eyed user who noticed that all of my CC91 (Reverb Send Level) messages were set to zero in the versions I had online, whereas they should have been set to 100 (long story). Put simply, if you play these new versions on a sound system that responds to Reverb messages, you'll get Reverb now! Grab your copy today at http://leejacksonaudio.lbjackson.com!

2 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

Sounds pretty cool, the new reverb fits the feeling of the song very well.

It's actually the old reverb (CC91), restored to the original values. They were set to 100 when I created the original Grabbag that was embedded in the Duke Nukem 3D game files. When I went to record the Redbook audio version that went on the Atomic Edition/Plutonium Pak CDs, I set all of the CC91 values to 0 and used an external reverb unit instead (an Alesis MIDIVerb IV). When I released the General MIDI and GS files back in 2014, I'd forgotten about CC91 being zeroed out! This release fixes that error.