Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doommarine_maxi

Coop Utils mod for LZDoom/GZDoom (Survival and more...)

Hi everyone!, I am Stradex and I usually don't do stuff for classic doom but recently I discovered LZDoom and I really wished to have survival like in Zandronum, so with a bit of time I decided to code a Survival Game mode for LZDoom/GZDoom that should be compatible with most of mods and total conversions out there (It is made with ZScript using EventHandlers mostly)

So, what does this addon include?

• Survival Game mode (Server CVAR: sv_coop_lives)
  • Display player names when you aim at them (Like Zandronum)
  • Spectator free fly mode when you are out of lives (Pressing +attack, usually MOUSE1, will move you to the next player alive position in this mode)
  • Checkpoints system mode (Players can create and use global checkpoints, usually useful for maps that are not prepared for coop)

CVARs info:

• sv_coop_lives (default 3): Number of lives for each individual player

How to use it?

• Just plug the file zdoom_coop_utils.pk7 at the end when you host a server and be sure to set the sv_coop_lives at the amount you wish to use.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Doom vanilla (E1M1)

Spectator mode (E1M1)

Round ended

Corruption Cards testing

Corruption Cards testing 2

Download link: Download zdoom_coop_utils_v1.pk7 here!

Always glad to see such a things for GZDoom! Friend of mine wanted so much to play in survival coop inside of this source-port long time ago...

This mod is amazing and I'm amazed it doesn't get more praise! Me and my brother play coop GZDoom all the time and this is exactly what we've been looking for to impose a life system in coop. Before this, we would just try to enforce lives by ourselves. I can't believe this mod actually exists and we found it! Thank you, Doommarine_maxi