Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

A Demo Pack Revolution

Chris "Ryback" Ratcliff has alerted us to the release of the Doom Speedrunner Forum's demo pack for Thomas van der Velden's Revolution! This pack features known speedrunners such as Anders Johnsen, Opulent, The Mole, and others. All kills and all secrets were obtained where possible on a skill level of Ultra-Violence for all 32 maps. View screenshots and information for the pack and find the download at the official page.

Those demos are just remarkable!!!
My Hearty thanks to all the guys that made them!!!!!!
What a great mapset ;)

Very cool wad and demos. Don't pay any attention to the shitty newstuff review it got.

OMG, Vile got listed as 'others'!
hehe
but seriously, great demos by some of the best players.
We missed your demo input, Erik.

Just had a look at Revolution, wow! I haven't checked out all levels yet, but my impression from what I've seen is that it's one of the best WADs I've played since Alien Vendetta. Visuals aren't always great but the level design is professional and the gameplay is really good.

Hehe, doesn't bother me in the least Doug. :)

Enjoy the demos!

In the demopack's text, Anthony said:

How many max demos are you aware of that use rocket-jumps? I couldn't think of any myself.

Does Vile's pl17-147.lmp count? OK, the main reason for the rocket "jump" at the end is to suicide, but the force of the blast is also necessary to reach the exit.

I expect some old E3M6 max'es will also have an RJ in, since the intended route to get into the box with the secret exit switch in it is to rocketjump into it from the ledge above. We no longer do this, of course. :)

It's some of the best Doom2-style mapping i've ever seen.

Only the two first maps are bad.

If it had a new soundtrack it would be perfect.

AdamW said:

I expect some old E3M6 max'es will also have an RJ in, since the intended route to get into the box with the secret exit switch in it is to rocketjump into it from the ledge above. We no longer do this, of course. :)

Truly, that made me look at some old demos, the first maxes on this map were keyboard demos even. The rocket jump lasted till '99.

Little Faith said:

It's some of the best Doom2-style mapping i've ever seen.

Only the two first maps are bad.

If it had a new soundtrack it would be perfect.

They're not bad, but those rain sprites DO suck though. :P

m0l0t0v said:

Edit: DAMN YOU GRAZZA, you beat me to it! GRRRR!!

Heh. If you use the "Preview reply" feature, you can always see if someone has beaten you to it before you post. Anyway, your post will be more useful than mine once the wad has left newstuff.

It has taken nearly a year and a half, but it has indeed become an overnight success. :)

Well, I guess it's a lesson to all reviewers to actually play the wads they review. If it weren't for the fact that this map had already achieved some level of notoriety from being on Metabolist's site it would probably just be forgotten.

But now it made Linguica look extremely stupid. Too bad, for his other reviews were kinda good.

Just a question, but, how come there hasn't been any news posted since Wednesday? Did the news crew go on vacation en masse?
I know I've submitted a couple of news items and without response.

Ok - thats weird - maybe there was a problem with the mail delivery system or something. Anyway - I'll submit the news to you again and see what happens. :-)
Thanks for the reply. That really is weird.