Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread (pt. 2) ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

very new to doomworld and this was the first topic i replied on, hah.

doom 2 map 30 uv -complevel 2 

demo:0iconofsin.zip

source port: nugget doom (i picked this one because of the cheat codes and of the name lol)

hope i done all of this right.

12 hours ago, doomboy69 said:

very new to doomworld and this was the first topic i replied on, hah.

doom 2 map 30 uv -complevel 2 

demo:0iconofsin.zip

source port: nugget doom (i picked this one because of the cheat codes and of the name lol)

hope i done all of this right.

Hey there

First off, nice demo, you may want to follow these guidelines when uploading demos

You can also check out some runs from the archive to see how is people naming the demos and the general structure of the text file you have to include ;-)

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2050460

Edit: Don't want to promote myself, but, for example, check this co-op run of the same map I made with a friend, note how is the zip named, how the demos and txt file are named and what's written in the text file.

Edited by Lol 6 : Added some stuff, not important lol

Hi!

Decided before this laptop gives out I'd come back to lower my UVmax time on Scythe's Map 26, Fear, cause I was so close to my goal last time. Probably a mistake, my spacebar is garbage and losing runs simply cause the use key just didn't flip a switch kinda sucks but it worked out in the end. Lowered my time a bit to about where I originally wanted to last time. Could have done better even this run but line skipping the exit added a second and in a run half a second slower than this I straight up point blank missed a cyberdemon 6 times in a row with the bfg as well as just fumbling throughout and I sure as hell was not letting that one be the one I posted so spent 800 additional attempts trying to lower that one.

Scythe Map 26 UVmax in 2:46.46

Zip: sc26-246.zip

I was a bit bored, so I decided to do some runs of Courtyard. These are the results, of course I'm not the best player on earth but I'm proud of these :-)

Doom 2 Map 18 NM-Speed in 0.29.90 sec,

Zip: NM18-029.zip

Doom 2 Map 18 Uv-Speed in 0.29.60 sec. (No damage run)

Zip: LV18-029reality.zip

27 minutes ago, DENTYZ said:

my best run ( because i want to challenge my self . done using glboom ) the file format is still lmp

0doom2-1.zip

also you kinda realise its slow because its not a speed or a speedrun 

Edited by DENTYZ

49 minutes ago, DENTYZ said:

my best run ( because i want to challenge my self . done using glboom ) the file format is still lmp

0doom2-1.zip

Hey there, you may want to follow these rules for posting demos. Make sure to include a text file including the following:

• Player name
  • Iwad used (Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, Plutonia.wad, TNT.WAD)
  • Pwads loaded (When playing custom levels)
  • Category: Self explanatory, check out dsdarchive.com for the category list
  • Map number
  • Skill: 4 is UV, 5 is NM
  • Port used and version, for example, chocolate-doom v.3.0.0
  • Time of the run

And, these naming conventions for your txt, zip and lmp files

Edited by Lol 6

10 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Hey there, you may want to follow these rules for posting demos. Make sure to include a text file including the following:

• Player name
  • Iwad used (Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, Plutonia.wad, TNT.WAD)
  • Pwads loaded (When playing custom levels)
  • Category: Self explanatory, check out dsdarchive.com for the category list
  • Map number
  • Port used and version, for example, chocolate-doom v.3.0.0
  • Time of the run

And, these naming conventions for your txt, zip and lmp files

im kinda new to posting doom demo also im done editing the demo desc

20 minutes ago, DENTYZ said:

Player : DENTYZ          Wads used : doom 2    Map : map01-map11                   port used : glboom                time of run : i dont know i forgot to look at the timer         pwads used : im not using any pwads

Nono, inside the zip file, include a .txt file including what you wrote, also, make sure to specify the complevel used in glboom. They're here

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/PrBoom%2B#Compatibility_modes

Also, you may want to use Dsda-Doom instead of GLBoom, it's a modern port with lots of QoL for speedrunners, including the -export_text_file parameter so you don't have to write one each time

4 minutes ago, DENTYZ said:

im done adding the txt file

Heh, you cannot place folders inside the zip

Why dont you check these links, here are all the rules and the Dsda source port, it should be better than Glboom (You can set OpenGL lighting in the menu) You can use all the complevels in Dsda-Doom

Hello everyone, I'm a Doom newbie and I decided to speedrun one of my favorite Doom 2 maps, The Courtyard. I hope to improve my time on this level and look at other levels as well. Hope I labeled everything correctly!

This is my UV Pacifist run of Doom 2's Map 18 with a time of 0:34.

pa18-034.zip

On 4/4/2022 at 11:49 PM, DENTYZ said:

im done adding the txt file

There are still other issues:

• Please do not use mouselook for demos
  • Please include the exact version of the port used in the txt
  • Please format the txt more appropriately
  • Please rename your demo to the correct format. I'm not even sure what category you were aiming for here.

Here's a possible format:

PWAD: something.wad
PWAD Name: Name
Map: ##
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max
Exe: DSDA-Doom #.##.# complevel ##
Recorded on: Date
Time: #:##
Author: player_name
Description:

9 hours ago, BomberBlur07 said:

Hello everyone, I'm a Doom newbie and I decided to speedrun one of my favorite Doom 2 maps, The Courtyard. I hope to improve my time on this level and look at other levels as well. Hope I labeled everything correctly!

This is my UV Pacifist run of Doom 2's Map 18 with a time of 0:34.

pa18-034.zip

Good demo. My only suggestion is that you should practice Straferunning (It's basically running in a diagonal, which is faster), a good place is Map 31, launch it with NoMonsters and practice :-)

i have a LV01-11154.zipnew pb run for doom 2's first map on ultra-violence speed category in 1 minute, 11 seconds, and 54 centiseconds. pls verify!

On 4/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, LOD42 said:

i have a LV01-11154.zipnew pb run for doom 2's first map on ultra-violence speed category in 1 minute, 11 seconds, and 54 centiseconds. pls verify!

Over 1 minute?  Isn't that UV Max? I mean even 10 sec is way too much for d2m01 UV Speed.