• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 4)

Dereliction Derby

MAP01 UV-Max 29:23
dereliction01m2923.zip

This is by no means optimized, and seeing something closer to that would be pretty neat. I just wanted to go ahead and submit a starting point of sorts for my only map now that it is on /idgames.

Happy enough just getting through the sizeable level without dying at my skill level.

^ always cool to see a mapper play through their own map, thanks for sharing. :)
Was actually planning to do this one after I saw it up on idgames, was too tired to do it last night so decided to do it this morning:

Dereliction Derby

Map01 UV-Max in 23:38 - dereliction01m2338.zip

The Event Horizon

However, this demo plays back with a hotfix version when Zzul originally posted the wad in April of 2021. The wad is in the attached demo zip.

Edit: This is not compatible with the final version it looks like, so anyways it's just with this earlier v1 hotfix version that I included with the zip file.

Zzul Maps v1 (hotfix) Map03 UV-Max in 40:40. Zzul says missing 20 kills (20 reasonably unkillable [a few can maybe be picked off I believe, but that is highly dangerous. Not all can be killed for certain] viles in a secret area) is considered uv max in the extra info text file. This is also an old hoarded demo from April 29th 2021.

zzmp03m4040.zip

1 hour ago, General Roasterock said:

previous run was thirty minutes and I had to sit through it on the channel

*after watching my own run*

Holy shit, I played this bad? Getting lost on the map at the end plus so many questionable decisions like killing the arachnotrons with chaingun, which is slow as fuck.

I'm so sorry for you for sitting through that. Of course my shittiest run ends up on the channel.

In my defense, that was more like a first attempt instead of a speedrun, so yeah... once again sorry for the suffering

I planned to return to this to redo with a better time, I knew 30 minutes was too much, but didn't have the motivation to do it again.

Nice demo.

13 minutes ago, Maya Amano said:

I planned to return to this to redo with a better time, I knew 30 minutes was too much, but didn't have the motivation to do it again.

You are braver than I to tablefill that thing, good luck on the improvement run. 

edit from Maribo: merged with misc demos for now, because it's a 3 map wad without much prior exposure

Played a very new WAD and enjoyed enough to speed run the first 2 levels. Post your demos here. Most experienced Doom players will probably finish it casually in about 2 hours.

Chronicle of Doomguy (2022)

Map 01 Pacifist / UV-Speed in 0:15

chrndoom-m1-15P.zip  (Note: The demo has 1 failed run before the good one.)

Video

Spoiler

Map 02 UV-Speed in 1:05

chrndoom-m2-65.zip

Video

Spoiler

Edited by Maribo

On 8/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, CMDeml said:

edit from Maribo: merged with misc demos for now, because it's a 3 map wad without much prior exposure

Played a very new WAD and enjoyed enough to speed run the first 2 levels. Post your demos here. Most experienced Doom players will probably finish it casually in about 2 hours.

Chronicle of Doomguy (2022)

Map 01 Pacifist / UV-Speed in 0:15

chrndoom-m1-15P.zip  (Note: The demo has 1 failed run before the good one.)

Video

Reveal hidden contents

Map 02 UV-Speed in 1:05

chrndoom-m2-65.zip

Video

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, you'll want to use complevel 9 for this wad since it's Boom. Otherwise these runs will go into Other as incompatible. Do you want to redo?

10 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, you'll want to use complevel 9 for this wad since it's Boom. Otherwise these runs will go into Other as incompatible. Do you want to redo?

Yea, I'll redo it. Once I have new demos, should I edit my original post or just make a new reply to this topic?

2 hours ago, CMDeml said:

Yea, I'll redo it. Once I have new demos, should I edit my original post or just make a new reply to this topic?

Just make a new reply. If you edit, you have to let me know directly since otherwise I won't auto-download the demos.