Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pyborg

What Is The Best Song Remix You've Ever Heard?

What is the best song remix you've ever heard? I could probably name a bunch that are just songs with an added feature, but what are some that really stand out to you? For me, this remix of DUCKWORTH. is absolutely amazing. The reversed part at the end gave me chills. It's mainly a simple beat swap, but it's still amazing in it's own way. Share some you find cool!

Kraftwerk's The Mix (And live album) are pretty great remixes of their own songs, that rival the original versions. I got to see them live doing even different versions of these songs before Florian Schneider left, which was awesome as well.

White Zombie's Supersexy Swingin' Sounds is also a great remix album.

1 minute ago, Lippeth said:

Kraftwerk's The Mix (And live album) are pretty great remixes of their own songs, that rival the original versions. I got to see them live doing even different versions of these songs before Florian Schneider left, which was awesome as well.

White Zombie's Supersexy Swingin' Sounds is also a great remix album.

Damn! This is awesome! I haven't heard anything like it. I know this is going to sound overly specific, but it sounds like something from a video game from the 2000s that was really cool, but you were too scared to play as a kid. Also it reminds me of this: http://www.rrrgggbbb.com/

For me, it has got to be the Special Extended Mix of Haddaway's What is Love?

18 minutes long, folks!

1 hour ago, HavoX said:

For me, it has got to be the Special Extended Mix of Haddaway's What is Love?

18 minutes long, folks!

I surprisingly enjoyed this. I'm not sure why. There's just something so enjoyable about it. Maybe it's just that the song itself is already a classic, making it a joy to listen to. I don't know, but I'll probably be returning :)

17 hours ago, TenenteZashu said:

Oh my god, this is the best mashup I've ever heard.

2 hours ago, smeghammer said:

This is pretty good:

This cover is pretty good, although I think it conflicts with the eerie tone of the original song. It's a good one though!

1 hour ago, Mr. Freeze said:

This is beautiful.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:35 PM, Lippeth said:

Seconding this; The Mix is a great set of remixes. Pedants would say they don't count as remixes because they are completely new recordings, but whatever.  I generally prefer remixes made by the artists themselves over those by other artists, because they tend to go less overboard with the changes and express a more coherent artistic intent. The Mix is an example of that.

Though I think my favorite from that album is the Radioactivity remix. It's almost a completely different song from the original, transforming a spooky, atmospheric album opener with ambivalent lyrics, into an intense political anthem against nuclear energy, and it's just as good as the original.

1 hour ago, Pyborg said:

I think it conflicts with the eerie tone of the original song

... And on a completely different note:

1 hour ago, northivanastan said:

Seconding this; The Mix is a great set of remixes. Pedants would say they don't count as remixes because they are completely new recordings, but whatever.  I generally prefer remixes made by the artists themselves over those by other artists, because they tend to go less overboard with the changes and express a more coherent artistic intent. The Mix is an example of that.

Honestly, I never even considered them not being remixes, as many of the elements from the original recordings are still there. I mean sure, they're not literally taking every track from the original songs and mixing them again, but (in my head anyway) mixing a song again and a song remix are two different things, but I can absolutely appreciate the pedantry.

Though I think my favorite from that album is the Radioactivity remix. It's almost a completely different song from the original, transforming a spooky, atmospheric album opener with ambivalent lyrics, into an intense political anthem against nuclear energy, and it's just as good as the original.

When I saw them they added Fukushima to the lyrics and flashed the word on the screen in a spectacularly harrowing manner.

W O A H. This is cool. It feels futuristic and almost robotic, but also intimidating and almost eerie. Perfect for the message they're conveying. I should check out this band, cause from the two songs I've heard they're pretty awesome.

23 minutes ago, Pyborg said:

I should check out this band, cause from the two songs I've heard they're pretty awesome. 

You should! Kraftwerk are my current favorite band, for their variety of interesting concept albums and their unique synth-pop style. Their peak period (1973-1981) albums were a huge influence on every kind of electronic music. You can really start with any of the albums between Autobahn and Tour de France, but I recommend listening to The Mix in full for a general sampling of their music, especially since you liked the remixes linked here.

Always a favourite; this version just feels a little bit fuller, with some simple but tasty slide guitar at the end.

1 minute ago, northivanastan said:

You should! Kraftwerk are my current favorite band, for their variety of interesting concept albums and their unique synth-pop style. Their peak period (1973-1981) albums were a huge influence on every kind of electronic music. You can really start with any of the albums between Autobahn and Tour de France, but I recommend listening to The Mix in full for a general sampling of their music, especially since you liked the remixes linked here.

I'll check them out! Despite the fact that I can't understand their lyrics (Cause their in German :/ ), I see myself becoming a fan. Thank you and for @Lippeth for suggesting them. They have a super unique style I haven't heard before. That may be because I only really listen to classic rock and rap music, but I can't wait to see what they have in store.

3 minutes ago, Pyborg said:

I'll check them out! Despite the fact that I can't understand their lyrics (Cause their in German :/ ), I see myself becoming a fan. Thank you and for @Lippeth for suggesting them. They have a super unique style I haven't heard before. That may be because I only really listen to classic rock and rap music, but I can't wait to see what they have in store.

Thankfully for you, most of Kraftwerk's albums, including The Mix, have English translated versions, and those are what streaming services will have. The exceptions are Autobahn, Radio-Activity (which is in mixed English and German), and Tour de France. I just happened to link the German version as that's what appeared first on my YouTube search.

Wait, that's more of a parody. So I'll go with Anarchy God and the State mix.

I've always thought that Limp Bizkit's rendition of The Who's 'Behind Blue Eyes' is pretty solid. ymmv

1 hour ago, NoOne said:

I've always thought that Limp Bizkit's rendition of The Who's 'Behind Blue Eyes' is pretty solid. ymmv

I'm personally a fan of The Who, and I think Behind Blue Eyes is one of their best songs. I think the Limp Bizkit version is okay. His vocals are good, probably the highlight of the song, and the instrumental is fine, but it doesn't feel the same without Daltrey's vocals. Idk that's just how I feel. Also, for some reason, they removed the part of the song where they're just rocking out. In my opinion at least, I think this makes it a bit lesser than the original. I think it's a good version, but I'll probably stick to the original.

not sure if remix

Spoiler

pretty sure you guys know this though... atleast the memeology guys from reddit

Spoiler

but the original is better. However videos on both... yhea, it's published on youtube 13 years ago and is probably older

Spoiler

But my all time favorite remixes is one of Linkin Parks songs. The meaning of the song actually changes quite well in the remix, just based on the music and HOW the person listening it interpets. Remix can be interpeted many ways, while original has very few interpetations. Keep in mind, most of Linkin parks songs were about depression, anxiety, suicide, betrayal and the dark side of human emotions in general. There is a reason why their songs in some cases do more good than bad. It's sad, that it in the end, it was not enough.

The remix:

The original is also very good. 

Spoiler

Some arbitrary picks from my library, in flavors of house, techno, and disco:

Spoiler

Mari Kvien Brunvoll - Everywhere You Go (Villalobos Celestial Voice Resurrection Mix) // remix of Everywhere You Go by Mari Kvien Brunvoll

Breeder - Tyrantanic (Evolution Dub) // remix of Tyrantanic by Breeder

Vainqueur - Lyot (Maurizio mix) // remix of Lyot by Vainqueur

Maurizio - Domina (C. Craig's Mind mix) // remix of Domina by Maurizio

NDF - Since We Last Met (Ricardo Villalobos remix) // remix of Since We Last Met by NDF

Logg - I Know You Will (Larry Levan 12" Mix) // remix of I Know You Will by Logg

D-Train - You're the One for Me (special dub-vocal edit) // remix of You're the One for Me by D-Train

Pub - Summer (They Can't See Us in the Dark) (Delay Configuration 1) // remix of Summer by Pub

Well, since we're posting covers here as well as remixes, I'll throw in a couple of my favorite covers:

Devo's cover of Satisfaction by the Stones, which gives the song a whole different vibe in a really effective way

While we're doing Stones covers...I mean I could fill the whole thread with incredible covers by Laibach and it's hard to pick just one, but I was listening to this driving earlier so here's this

The album in question contains several more covers of exactly the same song, because Laibach are insane and awesome

Best remix of No Good (Start The Dance). Play it ferkin loud :D