Zdaemon

Odamex

chocolate doom (multiplayer mode)

crypi doom (multiplayer mode)

Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjEmlNJ4oQQ

Combine that with

https://allfearthesentinel.net/

You need to make an account but it's free. You may need to join their discord still to get your account verified.  After that you are all set.  Note that you can only host Zandronum Servers.

get doom explorer and have zan servers zdamon servers and odemex servers :P

Which port is best depends on how close to a vanilla experience you want. Odamex, ZDaemon and Zandronum are the big 3. Doom explorer allows you to play them all.

For me Zandronum edges the others out due to being the most advanced features wise, and being the easiest to set up servers for. Generally very stable as well, even here from NZ (servers are based in Chicago iirc). There are also sister sites to TSPG with Euroborus and Downunder Doomers so you can host relatively local servers no matter where you live.

I've always played Skulltag/Zandronum and loved it since I liked the gameplay mods e.g. Ghouls vs. Humans, All out War, Neon DM, etc. all come to mind. Really depends what you want out of your experience, as Bridge said. I've always felt like more people played Zandro, whether correct or not, so be that what it will. Curious that you left this very well-known port out of your list.