Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spacepirate

Popular place to frag

Hi guys,

I am an old doomer and looking for a place where there are plenty of active servers. Preferably Capture the Flag. 

Does any one have any tips ?

Thank you in advance!

Spacepirate

Zandronum has people but there's alot of it that's just modded servers so ehhh.

Zdaemon is more like older deathmatch although there's alot of servers who just play Chillax till their players hands bleed but I think it's alright

Idk about Odamex but I think it has people

the amount of players online goes up and down dramatically so don't expect populated (and enjoyable) servers everytime you log on

You can find an odd CTF game on zdaemon once in a while but it's not nearly as populated as it used to be... people seem attached to playing survival these days :P

@spwnSH4Rk had been posting about CTF matches every sunday, not sure if they are still going on but it was on Dwango New Jersey server on zdaemon, at 6pm CST

2 hours ago, magicsofa said:

You can find an odd CTF game on zdaemon once in a while but it's not nearly as populated as it used to be... people seem attached to playing survival these days :P

@spwnSH4Rk had been posting about CTF matches every sunday, not sure if they are still going on but it was on Dwango New Jersey server on zdaemon, at 6pm CST

Yeah we still run every Sunday @ 6pm - Wadazine Flag Fest - you can find it on ZDaemon by typing that in the search function - details usually posted every Saturday in the Multiplayer section of DW

4 hours ago, spacepirate said:

I am an old doomer and looking for a place where there are plenty of active servers. Preferably Capture the Flag.

I don't know any other CTF events other than Wadazine Flag Fest right now - we're always looking for more players, the more the merrier. I think a lot of the guys that were really into CTF play mostly private games, now.

You might also be interested in Wednesday Night Deathmatch. There's a session today:

But yeah, Doom2 multiplayer is still quite active, you just have to look in the right places.

I'd recommend maybe joining a multiplayer Discord - there are tons of little events / people looking for games:

Zandronum, Zdaemon Discord, Classic Multiplayer Doom, US Doom & Quake Community, and Multiplayer Doom Federation are all good places to join.