Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azuris

How do you handle your Mouse?

Over time it seems I've gone from a palm grip to more something akin to I guess what the graphic on the last page calls either an extended finger or pincer claw grip, going toward one or the other depending on how intense things are getting. As the number of buttons on my mouse increases (this one has been my go-to) it's helped if I keep my fingers and thumb arched a little so they can more easily move between everything.

I use palm for casual stuff, semi-claw when actually gaming (the back of my palm and the metacarpals in my ring and little finger lightly touch the mouse body). I wouldn't mind trying a fingertip-only type mouse because I think they do have advantages over a normal design, especially with weight, but the only model I know that's designed completely around that costs about as much as a month's rent for me, so no thanks.

Manta Ray / Palm grip.

Funny thing is that I once had a really small mouse, it was so small that my ring and pinky finger were touching the table. It wasn't uncomfortable - it was fine, until the left-click bugged out and started miss-clicking (it was like 50% normal clicks, 40% double-clicks and 10% no-clicks).

The mouse-wheel also broke, but that has happened with every mouse that I have used (I've bound the "G" & "H" keys as weapon switching keys because of this). I'm pretty sure that no company has figured out how to make an affordable mouse with a sturdy mouse-wheel yet, I guess that endeavor requires the most expensive of technologies!

Manta Ray on index finger, Dino Claw on other fingers, RGB, USB wired mouse, mouse_sensitivity 36, left mouse button fire, right mouse button does nothing, scroll wheel selects weapon, occasional lifting the mouse when it gets too close to the edge to move it to the centre without affecting input, novert.

I use the "shove my wrist/the base of my hand way too hard into the desk" technique, while deathmatching in particular.. I try not to desperately, because doing it for the last 21 years is slowly damaging my right hand.. but it's so hard not to while fraggin'.

Just laying the hand flat, covering almost the entire area of the mouse. Preferring low sensitivity (20 to 30 cm/360) and doing most of the movement off my elbow and shoulder. Almost zero strain on the hands and fingers - keeping carpal tunnel away. If needed, it's possible to also engage the fingers at any moment.

On 2/24/2022 at 2:03 AM, BoxY said:

I use palm for casual stuff, semi-claw when actually gaming (the back of my palm and the metacarpals in my ring and little finger lightly touch the mouse body). I wouldn't mind trying a fingertip-only type mouse because I think they do have advantages over a normal design, especially with weight, but the only model I know that's designed completely around that costs about as much as a month's rent for me, so no thanks.

I presume you talk about the Zaunkoenig M1K and M2K, however there's another fingertip only mouse out there, namely the G-Wolves HSK, weighting 37 grams. If you wait a bit, it will have a slightly longer, wireless version (named HSK+) this year, with side buttons and no holes, at only 38,8 grams.

81407_hsk_1.jpg.2bce7e69286ebc52e57a22cd38ed2954.jpg

81407_hsk_3.jpg.4ff2b47b99abe479ea371e71b246f3f8.jpg

81407_hsk_2.jpg.05e002331845f932153f3ba4fb4b1551.jpg

In terms of hardware, the former (wired one) is nice, and you have the usual G-Wolves goodies in the box, but the latter one will be especially stellar;

PixArt PMW/PAW 3370
Kailh GM 8.0 switches
TTC Gold encoder
two side buttons (Zippy switches)
wireless (microUSB)
180 mAh battery
38,8 grams

The G-Wolves Hati HT-S Classic / Ace Edition and the Xtrfy MZ1 (or the dirt cheap Razer Viper Mini) are also really-really nice for fingertip. If I had to choose from these two (three), I would go for the Hati S first.

Edited by Fluuschoen : Typo. And effin OCD. :'