Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Hellstorm sprites....

Small question: What happened to the hellstorm tc? And what happened to its sprite resources?! Cause they are very cool and it would be nice if you can get them somewhere ;)

I tried to contact one of the two "abandoned" webmasters via mail but nobody answered :(

Hiya.

Me and another fellow tried to "get" Hellstorm so that we could continue on with it's development. It took me *months* to finally track down someone who had a stake/say in it (one of the original developer guys). He kinda popped out of the woodwork to say, basically, "No. I like the idea, and I'm not giving it up." Then he quietly and quickly faded back in to the ether of the internet.

It is, for all intents and purposes, dead. It is not likely to ever see the light of day simply because "that guy" doesn't want to let others continue. Stupid if you ask me. It's not like he's doing anything with it. *sigh* Such potential. Such a loss. :(

You never know, maybe they didn't have much more than what is shown on the webpage, so there might not be that much to get. It takes a while to make srite alterations, and showing one or two frames doesn't necessarily mean there's much more done.

Hiya.

From what I and Mustafa (another fella on these boards) were told, IIRC, was that they didnt' have much in the way of 'assets'. Levels weren't really done either. The sprites they did have were more or less ready to go though.

What I (and mustafa) was interested in was getting *everything* for it; basically, taking over the site and all it's content, as well as the actual TC assets. So that we could 'resurect' the project. Take on a couple of new folks to create more sounds, music, and whatnot. Maybe another level designer or two.

But the guy just didn't want to budge. IIRC, he wanted to stay "in command" of the whole project because he thought it had "great potential"...I guess he's still "in charge" of it. Not that it matters; its dead...and with that attitude, it will likely stay dead. Sad. Damn sad.