Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

I started uploading some demos streamed on DSD Twitch

Not sure if it's noteworthy for anyone but I think no one would know about it if I had no place to show.

Back in the day, way before ZeroMaster created the DoomSpeedDemos channel on Twitch I remembered I had this issue of not finding enough interesting demos. I mean, sure, this genre was more about the competition than anything else, but personally, I also appreciated the fact there's a showcase of the excellence (and sometimes the lack of) Doom mapping.

For a short period, around the same time, I recorded some demos from the archive myself but I eventually abandoned it. Now, after checking back on those recordings, I realized it can be done more easily and more effectively by recording some portions of the DoomSpeedDemos channel's earlier VODs. After all, it's not backed up anywhere, nor would there be any point in backing up an endless stream of random demos.

I really, really love this channel, and the idea behind it, spent so many hours just leaving it running in the background - so i thought it's just natural that slowly over time, I "save" some of the better parts for Youtube.

So here it is: a playlist of UV-Max runs and a so far less impressive list of UV-Speed runs.

That said, I don't intend it for self-advertising at all, I actually have questions: is it okay in terms of fair use to upload such videos? Sadly, because of the nature of the recordings, I can't exactly link to the LMP file download for the specific demo, but I provide access to both dsdarchive.com and the Twitch channel.

Meant to respond to this earlier, but at least historically, demo uploads to YouTube from other players have been pretty much fair game, provided there is credit. Lots of players have done it, and at least for my demos, I usually was not contacted. Personally, I don't see why not; more people seeing the demo is a good thing if you ask me, and if credit is given, then I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm not sure if there are people who would not be OK with it for some reason.