Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MoreMending

What is the difference between the types of likes?

If I'm correct, they're simply there for fun with no real universal message behind each one, although some may consider megaspheres and invincibility balls as a somewhat higher form of likes. There may have been a thread trying to unify a meaning behind each one a while back if I'm remember correctly, but most found it sort of pointless.

I use the other sort of likes if I want to be extra about it but generally I forget about them. Soul sphere is a good base-like though.

Once a week a very simple but intriguing stats battle happens between randomly selected Doomworld members (at least 1 post per month active) pretending to be a classic Doom deathmatch but in mostly text form. This lasts about a week per battle.

You get one person and avatar vs another member and avatar and some random actions per turn occur like "MoreMending picked up SSG" and now when you attack it does similar numbers to the actual Doom 2 Super Shotgun damage.

However you can influence your battle based on how many likes your post gets during the battle week. If you get mostly soulphere likes you might pick one up and get 100 health. If it's invisibility sphere you get higher dodge rate for a day and so forth. It's a little game Doom world makes to encourage activity and positive posts, earning advantages for your random avatar death match simulation.

Nah I'm kidding the likes are just for fun.

That concept sounds fun, imagine if people actually did it, the more popular people would obviously win though

I stole this screenshot from DSC, who posted it yesterday. In response to a post I made on Monday.

image.png.177436fc053f0adea2986a17b2c8dc0f.png

My original post in that thread was as follows:

"They don't mean anything other than what you ascribe to them. I have my own method, but it really doesn't mean jack shit. Soul sphere is a general "like". The Mega Sphere is "This is really important, and I like it and agree with it", the Invulnerability Sphere means "you can't argue with this statement, it is a fact". The Invisibility Sphere, I don't use. Because funnily enough, like you (referring to Kid Airbag), I would use it as an insult. I hate that item, and I avoid it at all costs, because whenever I pick it up I end up taking more damage."

I almost think we should make a sticky about this. But it's funny watching people try to figure it out. "Did they like me? Did they dislike me? How do I know if they like me!?"

Basically, if someone does click that button, it means they liked what you said, regardless of which sphere.

Edited by Jello

How I use the spheres:

Soul: Standard like

Mega: Really like

Invincibility: Point that should be immortalised

Partial Invisibility: (I don't remember ever using this one)

Mega is the sense of taste.

Invincibility is the sense of smell.

Partial Invisibility is the sense of sight.

Soul is the sense of sound.

Your click is the sense of touch.

Now go forth on your journey of learning the unlimited power of the Doomworld sense spheres.

PS. Hearts are lame tbh it should be something Doom related and not just a generic symbol but meh.

2 hours ago, MoreMending said:

That concept sounds fun, imagine if people actually did it, the more popular people would obviously win though

I hope you like your invisibility sphere.

I'm kidding of course, you seem alright.

soulsphere is generic like/agree/ty/whatever

megasphere is when soulsphere isn't enough

partial invisibility looks like an eye so obviously for things that make you raise your eyebrows/grab your attention

invincibility is el risitas laugh equivalent

Spoiler

they're all the same, they just look different

Did yuo kno that recently the reality has been haxx0r'd to accomodate for DW ratings?

Per 10000 of:

- soulspheres: you would recover fairly easily from exactly 1 adversity that happened to you;

- megaspheres: 1 adversity that could happen to you would happen, but significantly weaker;

- invulnerabilities: 1 adversity that was destined to happen to you won't happen at all;

- invisibilities: 1 adversity that was destined to happen to you will happen to someone else.

Spoiler

Obviously powerups are automagically cashed out when eligible criteria are met, so go and grind up that karma.

I cant recall ever looking at them before clicking, but I like the idea that there is some subconscious meaning to a choice in most cases. I don't think I've ever given one negatively, though I certainly am willing to put them on posts I disagree with if I think they're well constructed enough. 

6 minutes ago, ApprihensivSoul said:

I cant recall ever looking at them before clicking, but I like the idea that there is some subconscious meaning to a choice in most cases. I don't think I've ever given one negatively, though I certainly am willing to put them on posts I disagree with if I think they're well constructed enough. 

You ass.

That description of me is certainly most deserved. Though honestly I just went through the whole thread and cycled over the list. I find the coincidence of you getting the sphere downright hilarious, however. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, I apologize for nothing, and have a megasphere for giving me a chuckle.

8 minutes ago, ApprihensivSoul said:

That description of me is certainly most deserved. Though honestly I just went through the whole thread and cycled over the list. I find the coincidence of you getting the sphere downright hilarious, however. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, I apologize for nothing, and have a megasphere for giving me a chuckle.

Gave me a chuckle as well. I thought it was done on purpose, so there you go. They're *intrinsically* meaningless.

Each reaction of mine have these meanings:

Soul: Normal like

Invincibility: High like

Mega: Very high like

Partial Invisibility: Dislike or something like that

C'mon, we all know it's actually what the post tastes like.  Megasphere? Marshmallow-cocoa flavored.  Invisibility sphere is lemon-lime icepop.  Soulsphere = blue raspberry.  Invuln tastes like brussels sprouts!

3 hours ago, MoreMending said:

Anyone who doesn't hate brussels sprouts is just immune to the invulnerability

Roasted buttered Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. Oh they are so damn good.

Personally.

A Supercharge is a regular like

A Megasphere is something I really like or love

Invulnerbility Sphere reflects a comment that is either immortal or (far more often) something highly amusing

Blursphere is "I feel seen!"

On 1/28/2022 at 10:05 PM, Jello said:

Roasted buttered Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. Oh they are so damn good.

Brussels sprouts are really good if you can cook them just right