Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Try to recreate TNT from memory! (Community Project)(Closed)

I know I don't wanna do a map again, because last time mine sucked, but I'm willing to help out in some way, perhaps the M_DOOM or some text... What about the ENDOOM?
Once the list is updated, I'll decide.

Alright taking another look - I don't know if the list is updated yet, but assuming it's up to date:

- I could do the text for the two secret maps. That's short & easy. Would I just send them in a .deh file?
- M_DOOM shouldn't take too long as well, I can open Pinta and do one in about 15-20 minutes.
- I want to flex my midi creation muscles again - Bye Bye American Pie sounds alright to try and remake. Kinda short, kinda repeating, catchy... I don't think I'd fuck it up THAT bad.

Again, this is assuming that the list is up to date. I'll get started as soon as I'm confirmed to be on the list for whichever things... Thanks :)

MAP10 will be finished by the end of today. Sorry I've been silent, I have been working on a secret project...

3 hours ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Alright taking another look - I don't know if the list is updated yet, but assuming it's up to date:

- I could do the text for the two secret maps. That's short & easy. Would I just send them in a .deh file?
- M_DOOM shouldn't take too long as well, I can open Pinta and do one in about 15-20 minutes.
- I want to flex my midi creation muscles again - Bye Bye American Pie sounds alright to try and remake. Kinda short, kinda repeating, catchy... I don't think I'd fuck it up THAT bad.

Again, this is assuming that the list is up to date. I'll get started as soon as I'm confirmed to be on the list for whichever things... Thanks :)

Bye Bye American Pie has already been taken:

On 8/13/2022 at 4:20 AM, Korp said:

Another one, im really bored :P

TNT - Why not european pie.zip

Everything else should be free that you expressed interest in, though.

57 minutes ago, bofu said:

Bye Bye American Pie has already been taken.

well like i said, I was going off the current list... Is there any midi that isn't taken yet? Because it doesn't seem updated to recent times yet.

1 hour ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

well like i said, I was going off the current list... Is there any midi that isn't taken yet? Because it doesn't seem updated to recent times yet.

Looking through the posts, Blood Jungle, Dave Taylor Blues, and the between level music all appear to be unclaimed.

31 minutes ago, bofu said:

Looking through the posts, Blood Jungle, Dave Taylor Blues, and the between level music all appear to be unclaimed.

Alright. I got the M_DOOM and Secret level texts done on my end, I'm gonna send everything at once in a single wad file.

I'm gonna start on Dave D. Taylor then, and send that along with everything else I made after I finish it.

10 hours ago, bofu said:

I might try taking on Blood Jungle but it probably won't be pretty. There's way too much happening in this song for one mind to remember!

Got some good news: I should be able to upload my map in the next few hours!

It's about 90-95% complete, and although I would've liked to upload it yesterday, I was also out with family so I couldn't of uploaded it.

7 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

I might try taking on Blood Jungle but it probably won't be pretty. There's way too much happening in this song for one mind to remember!

That was me with Message for the Archvile. It was an approximation that I ended up running out of listens for and just tried to fill up the last few minutes with stuff that sounded right, and I'm certain I missed some things.

And it's done! Meet System Control+Alt+Delete

System_ControlAltDelete.png

Woulda liked to have added some more detail, but I just wanted to get this out. It's been too long. As to how it stands up to the original, it's pretty close, but lacking in some of the finer details as mentioned (like lighting) and I couldn't remember the ending as well as I thought I did (however I did recall the bars, but I thought I was thinking of something else :p)

Anyway, here's le download. And as always, tell me about any bugs and what not!

14 hours ago, AleksB said:

Any more map slots open?

Judging by the OP, MAP24 is open.

Edit: Apparently it isn't. Read below.

Edited by Wavy

4 hours ago, Wavy said:

Judging by the OP, MAP24 is open.

No, SilverMiner and I made MAP24 together earlier. It was just easy to miss in the flurry of activity.

I'd say if there are any in-progress maps aren't done soon, we should see about reopening slots. Life happens sometimes.

I'm looking forward to playing Barons Den. That map is probably the most nondescript level in classic Doom.

12 hours ago, Korp said:

Another quick tune, i know its already been claimed but just to have more variety.

TNT - Soldier of Repetitiveness.zip

It's probably not a good idea to try to do stuff other people have done. They put time into filling their slots and finished their work; they aren't going to get bumped from the project or have an "alternative" included.

I'd like to try my memory for C4 (ending) text, tell me if it's ok, i don't remember it perfectly but here we go:

Spoiler

The quantum accelerator has been destroyed with the final demonic confrontation,a earthquake has started after the final thunder hit the exposed brain of the mother demon.

Now is time to walk away from this desolate land.

@Engired I was watching decino's recent playthrough of the doom 2 from memory wad and I kinda felt like going back to review my map a bit more. attached is an up to date version (importantly with a name for the map, since I didn't realize we're supposed to do that lol)

edit: fuck fuck fuck forgot to move the player 1 start back to the right place Doom_Raider.zip

Edited by SMG_Man : oopsie woopsie uwu

On 8/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, bofu said:

It's probably not a good idea to try to do stuff other people have done. They put time into filling their slots and finished their work; they aren't going to get bumped from the project or have an "alternative" included.

Seconding this. Heck, Between Levels is still available!

Started work on Blood Jungle so I'll take the time to say I'm claiming the song. With that said I might have to take 1 or 2 more listens to the song because I managed to forget most of it after working only on the first 20 seconds!

Damn I would be interested in mapping for this, too late Im guessing :( Is there a plutonia from memory?

I have a near complete MAP10, but I'm quite displeased with it. Is there another map I can do?

11 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

I have a near complete MAP10, but I'm quite displeased with it. Is there another map I can do?

I know that feeling. I had to start over on MAP15 a few times, and while I feel like I got the "accuracy" part done, it just felt... weird.

I don't know if any maps are free right now, but I can probably knock out a MAP10 pretty quick.

it's there slot for music ?, i can try to do bye bye american pie, or anything else that's unclaimed 

Edited by fai1025

1 hour ago, bofu said:

I know that feeling. I had to start over on MAP15 a few times, and while I feel like I got the "accuracy" part done, it just felt... weird.

I don't know if any maps are free right now, but I can probably knock out a MAP10 pretty quick.

Be my guest, guy

Went ahead and knocked out MAP10. It's one of my favorites - I did exactly two playthroughs, 100%, from start to finish, it feels accurate but different. I think I did things a lot different, and I also have no idea how the map plays on MP.

Tested on Crispy Doom and DSDA-Doom with the TNT iwad.

LINK

Spoiler

Original:

hVOCXYC.png

From Memory:

1bbfiLL.png

I've finally got another compilation ready:  TNTTWRRI (Build 4).zip

Please check that your map is up to date.

I'm currently missing these things:

Spoiler

Maps:

Spoiler

12, 14, 21, 25, 26, 29, 32

@ViolentBeetle @Greenjay @shinola @Puncher_Sponge @RileyXY1 @CacoXplainn @BlueThunder

All slots are currently taken.

Art:

Spoiler

HELP, CREDIT, BOSSBACK

Music:

Spoiler

Blood Jungle, Between Levels, DOOM

Text:

Spoiler

C3, C5, C6. I may have the wrong assignment, check the OP.

There's not long left, and I want to get this finished before midway next month if possible.