Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Try to recreate TNT from memory! (Community Project)(Closed)

7 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Not to be too off-topic, but is the Doom 1 project getting its own soundtrack recreated from memory too?

The soundtrack is a bit more off topic this time, and I feel the project needs its own thread to redo it.

7 hours ago, Dynamo said:

However, I am unfamiliar with the original project's scope and guidelines. How accurate does the layout have to be?

As accurate as you remember it.

1 minute ago, LGmaire said:

Oh yeah @Engired I do have a question related to stuff like the INTERPIC screen.

Could there be an option to do the M_DOOM from memory? Or you're the one who will make it once the CP is complete?

Yes, I'll open up a slot for M_DOOM.

4 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

This looks more like Microsoft 3D Movie Maker quality film editing put into a GMod screenshot. Nice TITLEPIC recreated from memory.

imo it just need some retouching like distortion effect so it doesn't looks like a too smooth looking picture

Just now, Rycuz said:

imo it just need some retouching like distortion effect so it doesn't looks like a too smooth looking picture

Yeah. The original TNT TITLEPIC has some kind of dithering applied, so I'll need to add that. I might also toy with the lighting in the GMod map as well.

All right, thanks for the explanation, I'll get to work on MAP08 whenever possible.

22 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Yeah. The original TNT TITLEPIC has some kind of dithering applied, so I'll need to add that. I might also toy with the lighting in the GMod map as well.

Something like this I mean:

unknown.png
A Wolfenstein 3D Wall
unknown.png                       ROCK4.png
Upscaled                                                Get touched up

Edit: I think the name is Noise Effect

Edited by Rycuz

43 minutes ago, Rycuz said:

I think the name is Noise Effect

That seems to be it. I'll mess around with the TITLEPIC to add the noise effect.

I am also going to take map17, if thats fine.

Map03 is almost finished, tomorrow I will playtest it a few more times and upload it.

16 hours ago, Engired said:

Here's my recreation of Into Sandy's City: IntoTheCity.zip

I like the recreation, it's mostly quite similiar. It feels like a puzzle with a couple of the pieces missing, but with a midi instead.

Also I may take map32 after finishing map05, I'll have to think about it.

Edit: Decided I'm gonna take map32.

Edited by LGmaire

I can do a 3d Modelled Intro screen if you want?

Example of my work:-

ISA_Base_Destroyed.jpg.3c865662da43dfd5073df25cb83ca765.jpg

Cheers!

Edit: Hell, use that one if you want @Engiredand stick TNT on it :)

12 minutes ago, NoOne said:

I can do a 3d Modelled Intro screen if you want?

Example of my work:-

Reveal hidden contents

ISA_Base_Destroyed.jpg.3c865662da43dfd5073df25cb83ca765.jpg

Cheers!

Edit: Hell, use that one if you want @Engiredand stick TNT on it :)

I think it would be jarring after the image gets palettized.

9 minutes ago, Rycuz said:

I think it would be jarring after the image gets palettized.

Yeah true, I only use gzdoom so I'm used to doing hi-res stuff.

Nvm have fun with the project all :)

I dropped the ball both times on the previous projects, but I'm so glad to see TNT getting the treatment, good stuff Engired, and excellent pics there Wavy.

@Engired I'll claim map 23, if it's available. I really enjoyed pervious iterations of this project, and would like to finally challenge my hubris of thinking "I could have remembered the map way better than this!" I think texturing is going to be the real sticking point for me.

Question about difficulty settings: I only ever recall playing these maps on UV. Should I do a playthrough on the other difficulties, or should I just try to shoot for an easier feel on the other settings, even if it isn't faithful?

@Engired Sorry for the shout, but did you get my claim for map09? just want to make sure.

1 hour ago, Large Cat said:

Question about difficulty settings: I only ever recall playing these maps on UV. Should I do a playthrough on the other difficulties, or should I just try to shoot for an easier feel on the other settings, even if it isn't faithful?

The second option is fine, but the first option is also fine if you want it to be more accurate.

This song is my favorite from TNT so I couldn't help but go a little nuts with it. Might have had a bit too much fun, but that's what it's all about! @Engired

subtlycold.zip