Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Btyb88

How's your blizzard going?

Anyone else from News England? How's the blizzard treating you? I'm just sitting here waiting to go out and snow blow a bunch of houses.

I'm in California and always feel like I'm seeing something novel if I see any snow at all without going up into the mountains.

Hasn't been any outright blizzards, but the driveway is goddamn snowed in, and the snowblower doesn't work like it should. The path to the back shed is also getting mighty snowed up, so I really should get some firewood tomorrow before I have to fucking American Gladiators through that shit (or whichever gameshow frequently featured contestants running through tires).

I hate winter so much it's unreal.

4 minutes ago, ChopBlock223 said:

I hate winter so much it's unreal.

I'm one of those weirdos that enjoy the snow. Maybes its the feeling of isolation?

1 hour ago, Btyb88 said:

I'm one of those weirdos that enjoy the snow. Maybes its the feeling of isolation?

That part isn't so bad, it's having to deal with all the snow.

Here in Colorado, it snows on a random day each week, and then gets really sunny and warm for a couple days so it melts, then it snows again. The weather's very unpredictable.

I wouldn't mind the snow as much if I didn't have to walk everywhere. As is, on the days when it does snow, it's a cold hell.

A winter storm watch is occurring in the St. Louis area. Not looking forward to Tuesday night. :-(

I'm in Alberta, and our winter so far has had a lot of alternating periods of heavy snowfall and freezing rain, with intense winds and crazy temperature fluctuations. It's made for some truly horrific driving conditions.

Haven't had any major snowstorms in Nebraska for about a month, and the forecast says we'll be snow free for the next week or so.
I will admit, sometimes it's a bit cozy to be snowed in, provided the electricity doesn't go out. I can just wrap myself up in a layer of blankets, make some hot cocoa, and watch some online streaming services.

I’ve been melting to death in the Aussie sun the last few days, but I wouldn’t swap that for a blizzard, sounds like an enormous pain in the ass!

there is a blizzard outside right now at the hospital I'm currently in here in denmark

Mild but on Saturday, took a walk in flurry night. Storms are epic and relaxing.

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I’ve been melting to death in the Aussie sun the last few days, but I wouldn’t swap that for a blizzard, sounds like an enormous pain in the ass!

You wouldn't like it. Trust me on this. We've been through a couple ice storms and they were NOT very pleasant.

On dimanche 30 janvier 2022 at 9:59 PM, Dark Pulse said:

OtFPjSR.jpeg

You'll be fine.

-- A Buffalonian

Come now, let's be serious here.

The worst blizzard ever is Activision.

3 hours ago, Gez said:

Come now, let's be serious here.

The worst blizzard ever is Activision.

I smirked. That's good enough for me.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, HavoX said:

A winter storm watch is occurring in the St. Louis area. Not looking forward to Tuesday night. :-(

Heh, I think we lucked out on the freezing rain. We still have-a-power, Gino!

Temperatures rose past the 50s today. Supposed to get an assload of rain and a significant temperature drop tomorrow, with snow following. I might just schedule Friday off. No sense fuckin up my car for my employer. They're not gonna help me fix it.

^ That's actually a good idea; better to be safe than sorry if you will.

Round two underway here.