Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Biffy

Closing threads quickly?

What's up with the recent trend to closing threads quickly? The "Blood Sprites" thread in the editing forum got closed after only four posts! I wanted to add some information about XWE there since some wrong information was stated. This is the second time in less than a week. We have a lot of new mods?

I can understand why abusive threads should be stopped, but if mods think they are doing us any favors by closing threads in general, I don't see it. Maybe they just want to be "on top of it"? Please, just relax.

I agree with you in principle. There should be a good reason for closing a thread, all mods please take note.

For instance, I'm closing this one because there is no further debate necessary, he has a fair point, I have recognised it and a conclusion has been made. Anything added now would almost certainly drift off-topic to a discussion about mods in general and I'm tired of that.

EDIT: It looks like that thread was closed by someone without authorisation. I've re-opened it and am dealing with the anomaly.

When registered user permissions were changed a few months ago, users were given the ability to close their own threads. I have no idea who did this and am considering removing that permission.